notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

During Jesus walk here on earth, who were the individuals he Judged?

There is countless scripture of sinners from his disciples to Mary Magdelene, to the lady at the well, to those believed sinners by MAN to even Paul, where Jesus did not judge harshly nor hold their sin against them. Nor did he damn them to hell.

He brought, love, mercy, compassion, understanding and The Good News of God and the Kingdom of Heaven. He simply taught of God and from his behaviors and teachings these sinners believed and he sent them off saying sin no more.

The only ones he did judge harshly and state they will be damned were the ones who self righteously had no heart, compassion, mercy, understanding or love toward their fellow man, fellow sinner, such as the Pharisees. Judgemental, finger pointers, who taught and thought they knew God and his ways but had no clue and actually were the very sinners God is displeased with. Jesus directly spoke about how individuals that lack true heart are the ones God does not know and they do not know him.

We that say, wish and speak of walking in Jesus likeness, really need to make sure we are doing as he did. Minus the Judging, that is his authority alone. God gave that to him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

“I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning!  I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished.  Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! 52 From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.

‘Father will be divided against son
    and son against father;
mother against daughter
    and daughter against mother;
and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law
    and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’”

Then Jesus turned to the crowd and said, “When you see clouds beginning to form in the west, you say, ‘Here comes a shower.’ And you are right.  When the south wind blows, you say, ‘Today will be a scorcher.’ And it is.  You fools! You know how to interpret the weather signs of the earth and sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the present times."  - Jesus

Just an injection of the written record of Jesus' "sayings"for whatever it may be worth in this discussion. 

Much like Delmar in  Oh Brother Where Art Thou? I kinda don't see the happy little tire swing  of the geography  described anywhere. No happy little go and sin no more to be found, seems more a, "Hey Bucko" shape up or be shipped out, speech scenario to me.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Judging is part of the Christian life. You need to be really blind not to see it from Bible. For example. Jesus made a whip with his own hand and beat the traders and he drove them out of the temple. I would like to see which pastor has the balls to do that. ut if you read the Bible you can see that All the prophets had very harsh speech to their audience calling them harlots and brood of vipers. From Moses to John the baptist. Peter brought judgment on Annanias and Sapphira. Even Paul were judging the churches as it is documented in 1 Cor.5.5 where he simply said, I will hand over that sinner to Satan.

What I see is churches became very indulgent for sins and all they can talk about is Jesus's love and mercy but they forgot his warning like in Revelation: 2. 20. Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22. So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. Amen.

Nowadays having boyfriend and girlfriend, sex outside marriage it's all accepted and not many pastor is willing to fight to clean their churches. I don't know what the situation in US but in London is terrible.

Edited by Zoltan777