IGNORED

What do you think of Isa 38:10-11 and 17-19?

zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I want everyone else's opinion before i tell my idea.Because i think i might be looking at it the wrong way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

29 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

I want everyone else's opinion before i tell my idea.Because i think i might be looking at it the wrong way.

sounds like a bout of depression is going on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

What do you think of Isa 38:10-11 and 17-19?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Isaiah 38: 10, I said in the cutting off of my days, I shall go to the gates of the grave: I am deprived of the residue of my years.

("gates of the grave"), Hebrew sheol, the unseen world, the place of departed spirits, not the grave.

("I"), Like all other men in general, he thought he was entitled to more years than those he had already lived. He looked forward to a long life and a prosperous reign, now suddenly his hopes had been dashed to the ground (V.10).

Isaiah 38: 17,   V. 17, Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

Instead of peace I had bitterness until You loved me and delivered me from death. You have ceased to punish me for my sins; they are now forgiven and put behind your back (V. 17).

Isaih 38:18-19 , V. 18, For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

Again the grave, ("grave"), Hebrew sheol, the unseen world, the place of departed spirits, not the grave.

V. 19-20, The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

The sense of these verses (V. 18-20) is that men who die cannot praise God on Earth or hope for further truth; but the living are still on probation: they can praise God, know the truth, and be saved as he was blessed that day.