Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

GREED

JohnD    4,529

Aside from my usual diatribe over the false Free Enterprise mask covering the greed of Capitalism...

I loathe technologies that give you the world in the beginning and then chip away at it by stripping parts of it away and charging for you to get them back.

PHOTOSHOP is a big culprit.

And GOOGLE, aah, where to begin...

They must bet paid by the click somehow. {sigh}

And it stalls your computer until their ad comes on (the "do you wish to make Google your home page?" ad).

It has been my home page forever. Now it wants me to do what I've already done.

To stop the ad from stalling my computer I redid the process.

Doesn't matter.

The ad still shows up every time in every screen name / account I have. Until turned off.

Then switching email accounts is a total complete headache. It signs in on the first one only then when you go to sign out it stays signed in on that initial account which you find when you try to go into another email account again. Removing the initial account to access others then become a series of error messages "Are you sure you want to remove this account?" like you are deleting it forever when YOU ARE NOT. 

UGGGGGGHHHHHHH !

USER FRIENDLY! NOW!

Protocols!

Again... they must be getting paid by the click somehow.

Just wait and see what the shipping and communications industries will do with insatiable greed once the Post Office is done away with!

( Post Office, like it or not is the government-regulated affordable alternative to runaway inflation in shipping and communications).  And as dependent as we all are to privately owned shipping and communication companies... being the total consumer society... we're all screwed (to put it bluntly). 

I wish I had a greater faith / expectation in humanity.

But there just ain't no way to make stupid foolproof.

The_Patriot2017    10,872

actually google gets paid primarily by companies who want their sites to show up first in peoples searches...among other things. As far as photoshop, if you BUY the program you get everything. if you sign up for the free trial, then yes your gonna lose features after awhile. they have to make money after all, and they cant do it by handing out free versions of their program.

What your describing sounds more like a browser issue, what browser are you using?

And for the record, the postal service is not a check on inflation in shipping and communication, and Congress has, on multiple occasions talked about disbanding it because its actually a loss of revenue, but it was originally implemented by congresss to create a source of income for the United states. The reason it is not disbanded, is largely because it would literally take an act of congress, to do so. Though the original wording of the constition does not mandate its existence, we would have to change a good deal of legal code (for instance, did you know for a town to be considered an official "town" it would have to have a post office? interesting trivia)

Anyway, if your having issues, we would be better suited to help you if you gave us what browser your using, what operating system your using, as well as detailed a description of the problem as you can!

JohnD    4,529

missmuffet    27,854

Greed? Our world is full of it.

Greed_0.jpg

Sign in to follow this