ricky

Eight essential beliefs of a Christian

Willa    8,233

You left out that Jesus came as fully man and Fully God.  

You also missed belief in the Trinity of Father Son and Holy Spirit-- God being three persons of the Godhead in One.  There is one God.

A final judgement and hell for those who ultimately reject Christ and the salvation provided by God. 

The need to be born again by the Holy Spirit making us a child of God.  

Miss Muffy beat me to it.

ricky    301
On 8/11/2017 at 3:54 PM, MorningGlory said:

I don't disagree with thg list but why is it 'Controversial Issues'??

My view in the Finished work of Christ, and salvation by grace through faith alone is very Protestant.

ricky    301
4 hours ago, Willa said:

You left out that Jesus came as fully man and Fully God.  

You also missed belief in the Trinity of Father Son and Holy Spirit-- God being three persons of the Godhead in One.  There is one God.

A final judgement and hell for those who ultimately reject Christ and the salvation provided by God. 

The need to be born again by the Holy Spirit making us a child of God.  

Miss Muffy beat me to it.

I covered those things in my second post.

Willa    8,233

31 minutes ago, ricky said:

I covered those things in my second post.

I fail to find a second post that covers these things.

The list is certainly not just protestant because they are biblical.  The trinity is not just prostestant.  Salvation by faith alone is biblical  so not  controversially protestant.  If the catholic churches doctrines have rejected and replaced biblical doctrine then those doctrines are to be rejected as spurious and heretical.  Our forum is based on the 66 books of the Bible.  From the Worthy's statement of faith:  "We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God."  This does not contain the apocryphal books and is claimed to be exhaustive and complete.  The New Testament existed prior to aberrant traditions and for the first centuries all doctrine was examined by the veracity of Scripture.   I don't claim that Catholic churches adherents do not contain true believers, but that even true believers might have some weird unscriptural ideas.  God isn't through with any of us yet and we are all being conformed to the image of Christ, being changed from glory to glory.

Tristen    482

I would rephrase to The eternal deity of Christ - since some cults believe Jesus attained deity.

I would add The vicarious sacrifice of Christ.