Preachers kid syndrome

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

This term is used to identify the tendency for some pastors  children  to completely reject  or rebel from  the lifestyle ideally pushed by their parents as church leaders. 

Recently a relative told me of how they had met a pastors  son who  was not living a godly life (drinking cursing  smoking,child outta wedlock)and they asked him how he turned out like that (uncalled for i agree)

But honestly,I pity  children like that.  Simply because imagine  from day 1 your life will be held to a high  standard not because of any choice  you have made but because  of who your parents are. Thus you're expected to be good cause your fsthers the pastor. You may not even be saved

So any and every aspect of your behaviour  dress, where u go,what you watch etc will be under the microscope and any infractions will be cannon fodder for the pastors enemies or anyone who he had to correct. Your behaviour might even be grounds for your father to be removed from office  (keeping his house under subjection)

While I don't agree. It's easy to see why some might totally rebel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Well remember a Christian has chosen to commit  to God  this should follow the rules. A preachers kid hasnt necessariky made that choice but is still under the microscope