question about God

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

if God is perfect.   Why did he allow imperfection.  I know that before God created anything he dwelt alone in perfection.  so why step outside of that.  God knows all things right.  When he decided to create humanity, he knew he was making a mistake.  is hell not a mistake.  you have to see it from my way.  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Isaiah 43:10-11.

God was not creating another God when he created the universe or the spirit realm.

Only God is perfect.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, Tyler22 said:

if God is perfect.   Why did he allow imperfection.  I know that before God created anything he dwelt alone in perfection.  so why step outside of that.  God knows all things right.  When he decided to create humanity, he knew he was making a mistake.  is hell not a mistake.  you have to see it from my way.  

first off how do you know that god was alone before creation.....    I'm told that Jesus was there also and we really don't know what else...  we know that when Jesus laid the foundations for the earth the sons of God shouted...

one can get some rather interesting ideas of why God made things by looking at the entire picture at one time.

We find that in the end, we saints are going to judge angels.....

Well interestingly God didn't create humans capable of doing that.    We did not know good from evil, right from wrong depending on how one wants to translate that.....      it was the devil himself that got humans capable of judging those angels....     so was it a mistake to create humanity......    I think not.

And Hell.....   that's to be created for Satan/Devil and those angels that followed him if we condemn them too....   not a  mistake.....

If I refuse to align myself with God do I deserve to be thrown in there also....     that's something people should ponder on while there is time to ponder.

I think your problem is that you haven't taken the time to understand where and how all this started and what Gods requirements are for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What are God's requirements for everybody?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

Tyler, that is a very good question. It has taken many scholars many years to attempt an answer.

I cannot be so glib as to give you a quick answer to your question. All I can say is that I am a created being with free will.

I am not an automaton, so the very part of me that is free, is free to sin or not to sin. This seems to be part of an answer for you if you get my drift.

It is a little like a Hypothesis. It has to be capable of being proven or disproven to be a Hypothesis. So the Hypothesis is a gamble in a way, because it may not end up being valid.

Perhaps that is a part of why God did what He did. He gambled on Himself being able to Redeem the imperfect that due to free will was bound to occur. He gambled on His Love being able to overcome all our imperfections.

God is Good - All the time!

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Tyler, that is a very good question. It has taken many scholars many years to attempt an answer.

I cannot be so glib as to give you a quick answer to your question. All I can say is that I am a created being with free will.

I am not an automaton, so the very part of me that is free, is free to sin or not to sin. This seems to be part of an answer for you if you get my drift.

It is a little like a Hypothesis. It has to be capable of being proven or disproven to be a Hypothesis. So the Hypothesis is a gamble in a way, because it may not end up being valid.

Perhaps that is a part of why God did what He did. He gambled on Himself being able to Redeem the imperfect that due to free will was bound to occur. He gambled on His Love being able to overcome all our imperfections.

God is Good - All the time!

Not really a gamble when He knows the next card in the deck..........:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/29/2017 at 1:54 PM, Tyler22 said:

if God is perfect.   Why did he allow imperfection.  I know that before God created anything he dwelt alone in perfection.  so why step outside of that.  God knows all things right.  When he decided to create humanity, he knew he was making a mistake.    

Why did He allow imperfection? Because He is generous. 

God knew what humans would do when He created us - yet He went ahead anyway. That tells us that our existence is more important to Him than some imagined standard of 'perfection'. Why would He create another being just like Himself? He must have wanted individuals who were different from Him, individuals with whom He could build an interesting relationship - even though the cost to Himself would be immense.

On 7/29/2017 at 1:54 PM, Tyler22 said:

you have to see it from my way.  

You have to see it from God's way. It may not make sense to you, because His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:9). But that is the way it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

God never makes mistakes my friend. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 7/29/2017 at 9:54 AM, Tyler22 said:

Man is imperfect, not God. It all started when Eve allowed herself to fall prey to Satan's influence. 

God gave us free will for good reason. We have to choose Him. And it has to come from the heart or it means nothing. 

Hell was never created for man it was created for Satan and her angels. Man puts himself there not God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Satan is a him not a her