IGNORED

Four Dimensional Space versus Three Dimensional Space with Time as the Fourth Dimension

SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

Four-Dimensional Space (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The animation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-dimensional_space) hints at the complexity that emerges when points in 4D are linked together to create basic four-dimensional objects. The object shown here is the 4D equivalent of a cube, known as a tesseract. To create this animation, the tesseract was rotated in four dimensions, then projected into three dimensions, and finally projected onto a two dimensional image.

A four-dimensional space or 4D space is the simplest possible generalization of the observation that one only needs three numbers, called dimensions, to describe the sizes or locations of objects in the everyday world. For example, the volume of a rectangular box is found by measuring its length (often labeled x), width (y), and depth (z).

More than two millennia ago Greek philosophers explored in detail the many implications of this uniformity, culminating in Euclid's Elements. However, it was not until recent times that a handful of insightful mathematical innovators generalized the concept of dimensions to include more than three. The idea of adding a fourth dimension began with Joseph-Louis Lagrange in the mid 1700s and culminated in a precise formalization of the concept in 1854 by Bernhard Riemann. In 1880 Charles Howard Hinton popularized these insights in an essay titled What is the Fourth Dimension?, which was notable for explaining the concept of a four-dimensional cube by going through a step-by-step generalization of the properties of lines, squares, and cubes. The simplest form of Hinton's method is to draw two ordinary cubes separated by an "unseen" distance, and then draw lines between their equivalent vertices. This form can be seen in the accompanying animation whenever it shows a smaller inner cube inside a larger outer cube. The eight lines connecting the vertices of the two cubes in that case represent a single direction in the "unseen" fourth dimension.

So does it make more sense for God to exist in four dimensional space with the ability to move at will between dimensions or three dimensional space with time being the four dimensional?  When I first considered this question, I dismissed four dimensional space without giving it much thought.  But when considering it more with respect to the unseen realm, I'm having second thoughts.  How would this fit in with our understanding of the world of the angels and/or spirit world?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So does it make more sense for God to exist in four dimensional space with the ability to move at will between dimensions are three dimensional space with time being the four dimensional?  When I first considered this question, I dismissed four dimensional space without giving it much thought.  But when considering it more with respect to the unseen realm, I'm having second thoughts.  How would this fit in with our understanding of the world of the angels and/or spirit world?

I have always found this concept interesting. Is heaven in another dimension? We know that angels surround us but we can't see them. Are they in another dimension? God knows and in my limited human mind I just can not wrap it around my brain.

31 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have always found this concept interesting. Is heaven in another dimension? We know that angels surround us but we can't see them. Are they in another dimension? God knows and in my limited human mind I just can not wrap it around my brain.

I've been drawn to mathematics and engineering from my earliest memories, and of course, God.  When I found the teaching in the RCC lacking consistency, God took a backseat to my engineering studies.  But when I became a Christian some 35 years ago, I started evaluating science, primarily physics, in a God-centered universe.  It's a fascination subject with more questions than answers.  God's creation proves His omnipotence. 

Two connected points in space form a line.  Add a third point and you've now created a two dimensional plane.  Add a fourth point and you've now created a three dimensional object.  Add a fifth point and you've now exceeded our understanding of geometry.  The Wiki link about shows an example of 4 dimensional space in the form of a tesseract, a square within a square.

God created this universe to demonstrate His majesty, omnipotence, and His attention to the big things as well as the small things.  No matter how small we look, no matter how far we reach in this universe, nothing is overlooked in God's universe which includes the seen universe, and the unseen realm. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

On 7/31/2017 at 0:18 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So does it make more sense for God to exist in four dimensional space with the ability to move at will between dimensions or three dimensional space with time being the four dimensional?  

The Lord exists in at least 4 Dimensions; SEE John 20:26...he physically appeared in an enclosed 6 sided room without being detected.

Also...

(Ephesians 3:17-18) "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,  {18} May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;"

That's 4 minimum.  

I suspect from other passages, that HE exists in >/= to 10 Dimensions.

regards

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you study and get a grip on "m" string physics you can understand a lot.

33 minutes ago, other one said:

If you study and get a grip on "m" string physics you can understand a lot.

So far, I'm not aware of any experimentation that supports "m" string physics.  "m" is not definable at present.  I don't believe an atheist like Michio Kaku could ever fathom a theory of everything.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So far, I'm not aware of any experimentation that supports "m" string physics.  "m" is not definable at present.  I don't believe an atheist like Michio Kaku could ever fathom a theory of everything.

Keep an eye on CERN

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So does it make more sense for God to exist in four dimensional space with the ability to move at will between dimensions are three dimensional space with time being the four dimensional?  When I first considered this question, I dismissed four dimensional space without giving it much thought.  But when considering it more with respect to the unseen realm, I'm having second thoughts.  How would this fit in with our understanding of the world of the angels and/or spirit world?

I am under the distinct impression that imaginary numbers, the Higgs field, tachyonic, and 4th dimensional all involve the similar formalism or conceptualization as extra 'dimensionalness'. I would even go so far as suggesting that the weird quantum mechanical results we observe in experiments can be related to what you are suggesting. Josh Peck says that the entanglement 'spooky action' is like an FTL event (requiring imaginary mass or special spatial circumstances).  Im really trying to understand more fully and it is very easy to misinterpret when physicists talk rather than compute...so Im hoping that Im on the right track. 

8 minutes ago, dprprb said:

I am under the distinct impression that imaginary numbers, the Higgs field, tachyonic, and 4th dimensional all involve the similar formalism or conceptualization as extra 'dimensionalness'. I would even go so far as suggesting that the weird quantum mechanical results we observe in experiments can be related to what you are suggesting. Josh Peck says that the entanglement 'spooky action' is like an FTL event (requiring imaginary mass or special spatial circumstances).  Im really trying to understand more fully and it is very easy to misinterpret when physicists talk rather than compute...so Im hoping that Im on the right track. 

I haven't started reading Josh Peck's book Quantum Creation yet, but I have viewed some of his podcasts which touch on the subject.  As for quantum entanglement (spooky action), I remember reading scientists have proven the theory with respect to distance.  This could be a breakthrough for space based communications.  I am new to Josh Peck, but I like what I here on a wide range of subjects from the authors he and his wife interview.  You might also consider Dr. Hugh Ross, Astronomer and Physicist.  I've been reading his books for years.  But as for quantum entanglement, my research is strictly from scientific websites, podcasts and magazine articles.  It would be difficult for someone writing a book to stay completely current.