I feel I'm alone

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The feeling that you're alone. I want to shout and cry coz I'm depressed and talk to somebody else.I know all things happened in purpose but I feel so desperate

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Welcome to worthy cheng :)   Out of curiosity, are you a born again believer in Jesus Christ?  In any case, you have come to the right place for fellowship.  Introduce yourself in the welcome forum to meet more members and make some friends.  After a few more posts, more of the forums will open up for you, as well as the chat room, where you can always find someone to talk with.

God bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

5 hours ago, cheng said:

The feeling that you're alone. I want to shout and cry coz I'm depressed and talk to somebody else.I know all things happened in purpose but I feel so desperate

I know the feeling. I have a lonely life and I see myself fighting against depressive thoughts more often than I would like.

What is helping me is praying, reading the Bible, and focusing on things above.

Jesus is helping me a lot. Depression is losing the battle, thanks to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Early September, 2007, was the last time I've seen one of my friends in person. My poor health and people drifting apart due to life circumstances has isolated me. Trust me, I know what you're saying. We may not be able to do much more than listen, talk, and advise, but we can do that much, and we're willing. Say or ask anything you'd like! God bless!

• This is Worthy 1

18 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I know the feeling. I have a lonely life and I see myself fighting against depressive thoughts more often than I would like.

What is helping me is praying, reading the Bible, and focusing on things above.

Jesus is helping me a lot. Depression is losing the battle, thanks to Him.

I read Bible sometimes but I don't know how to choose verses for me.Sometimes I feel that I'm so unlucky.Why should I have to feel this kind of pain?

On 7/31/2017 at 10:59 PM, wingnut- said:

Welcome to worthy cheng :)   Out of curiosity, are you a born again believer in Jesus Christ?  In any case, you have come to the right place for fellowship.  Introduce yourself in the welcome forum to meet more members and make some friends.  After a few more posts, more of the forums will open up for you, as well as the chat room, where you can always find someone to talk with.

God bless

I'm a Catholic Christian. Hoping that I find someone here to talk .Thanks.I am depress right now that most of the time I feel that I'm unlucky.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I would recommend you read the book of Psalms. Psalms are actually songs, in church we put many of them to music. As you read the scripture and meditate upon the word aim your thoughts towards what the Bible is telling you, and away from those things that make you feel sad.

The Bible actually tells us in Philippians 4:8 that we should think on good things. It's hard to be depressed when you're thinking about joyful things and all the wonderful promises the word of God has for us.

Edited by Intercessor Ginger
Spelling
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

On 7/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, cheng said:

Cheng, I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting.  (((Hugs)))  As the others said prayer and reading the Holy Bible is important to combating loneliness.  When we focus on Christ and trust His sacrificial love for us, it helps heal some of the hurt.  I believe when we feel desperate it's because God is drawing us to Himself so that He can give us the love, healing (emotional pain), and protection that we crave.  

What I've been doing lately is keeping a list of my favorite Scriptures by topic.  When I, or someone I know requests prayer/is hurting,  I share my favorite Scriptures on the subject to encourage them and give them hope.  The following is just a start/idea of some Scriptures you could turn to when you are feeling lonely:

*Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.

*Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  

*1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

*Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend (Jesus) who sticks closer than a brother.  

*Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  

*Psalm 94:17-19 Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.  When I said, "My foot is slipping," your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

*Isaiah 43:1-5 "Do not be afraid.  I will save you.  I have called you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you; your troubles will not overwhelm you.  When you pass through fire, you will not be burned; the hard trials that come will not hurt you.  For I am the Lord, your God....because you are precious to me and because I love you and give you honor, do not be afraid, I am with you."  

Hopefully, some of these speak to your heart and encourage you!  

Blessings, Gem

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

9 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Early September, 2007, was the last time I've seen one of my friends in person. My poor health and people drifting apart due to life circumstances has isolated me. Trust me, I know what you're saying. We may not be able to do much more than listen, talk, and advise, but we can do that much, and we're willing. Say or ask anything you'd like! God bless!

BK1110, I'm sorry to hear that you are lonely.  It's hard for people with poor health to make/keep friends.  Not everyone wants to visit the sick cause it makes them sad.  Or, they don't want to sit around and just talk, put a puzzle together, watch a movie or the things that the chronically ill are able to do.  Add into that we live in a very busy world that can be self focused which can create loneliness.  I've had 17 years of chronic health issues and at times have been bed ridden, unable to leave my home for months at a time.  It took me from a social butterfly to practically a hermit.  I wanted you to know that you are not alone, and I empathize with your challenges!  I really admire you reaching out to someone else that is hurting when you have your own struggles.  Keep up the good work! :)  

Blessings, Gem

• Loved it! 1

Guest BacKaran

Hi, 

Welcome and please let us know about yourself, what you do and what your faith is like in Christ.

I have anxiety and depression and take meds. But the biggest change that helped me was Jesus. I left the Catholic Church searching for hope and He lead me to Him! It was a long journey.

Feel free to chat anytime and may God bless you as your journey continues. ❤