• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I need a place to vent and for feedback. I converted to Islam 4 years ago from Christianity. I was very wishy washy at best when I was Christian and had a drug and alcohol problem. I got sober and was told that in order to stay sober I had to find a power greater than myself. I tried church again and found nothing so I went looking and eventually found Islam and converted. It helped me stay sober but my family hated it so I tried to live as a Christian again but honestly it didn't work so I left my home to better live a Muslim life. I got married 2 years ago to a Muslim man. We have a good life and I'm active in our community help out at our Sunday school program and with our scout program. I'm even starting collage in less then a month. Thing is for the past 6 months I have been having doubts about Islam but I can't voice them to anyone. My husband talked to me about me not praying and it was a huge mess. I tried to voice my doubts to him but I was so to speak shot down and made to feel like an absolutely horrible person. I keep having dreams about Christianity. I don't know what to do. I can't voice anything going on with me to anyone else . 

• Loved it! 2

Hi Liana,

I'm praying for you !

Right now your going through a battle,The Lord is reaching out to you

When you find a quiet moment  let him know all your doubts and fears.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

God is faithful to his word. He says draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you. James 4:8. If you seek the Lord he will reveal himself to you and you will no longer have these doubts. Proverbs 8:17.

At this point it will come with a cost but the Lord will help you .I'll keep your situation in prayer.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Liana

Welcome to Worthy,I'm glad you have followed that Still Small Voice tugging st your heart & now you are here.....I can't imagine how difficult it must be to feel so torn and not be able to talk to your husband about it.....perhaps that is a good indication that something is very very wrong,you should be able to talk to your husband about anything-who knows,maybe the division will end up bringing you BOTH into the Arms of Jesus!!! Glory to God

Well,Christianity is not about "religious traditions,church or a system of beliefs"   it is a PERSONAL Relationship with God in Christ,through out Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is reconciled us back to God & SAVED by His Grace....   I agree 100% with Ginger:

God is faithful to his word. He says draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you. James 4:8. If you seek the Lord he will reveal himself to you and you will no longer have these doubts. Proverbs 8:17.

Seek Him with all of your heart Liana,He Will Reveal Himself to you and it is pretty clear to me He is drawing you unto Himself.....I don't know what will become of you & your husband but I do know that God Works all things together for the GOOD of those that Love Him,according to the Purpose of His Calling(Romans 8:28) We are EACH accountable to work out our OWN Salvation,we must FIRST seek God for ourselves and be completed before we can even consider anything or anyone else......then we have Holy Spirit to lead us,guide us and Council us as Jesus Abides IN US.....being Born Again

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.     Matthew 6:33

When we die we will stand alone,no one else but ourself.........my point is that we don't seek mans approval and we must make our decision here & now ,the Word of God Says we must seek the Lord while He may be found      Do you have a Bible Liana? I understand you may have heard about Jesus ,we are here to encourage you to meet & KNOW Jesus,our Redeemer Lives               I am praying for you as well                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I would advise you to study Islam and Christianity deeply. There's a Youtube channel called "Theology, Philosophy and Science" that can help a lot.

God is calling you back. He wants you to follow Him with your whole heart. Many people were born to Christian parents and made to go to church as children, but that is not "being a Christian." Being a Christian is a deep, personal relationship with God. We speak to Him daily and listen to His instructions. We read the Word and do our best to follow. We love, obey, and trust God to the best of our abilities, though frequently failing.

As others have said, rejecting Islam comes with a heavy price. Islam is built around keeping people in line through fear and intimidation.

I'd like to share a verse with you;

"1 After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee. 2 When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples 3 to ask him, 'Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?' 4 Jesus replied, 'Go back and report to John what you hear and see: 5 The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.'" -- Matthew 11:1-5

What sticks out to me here is this; John the Baptist was the man who heralded Jesus' arrival, preached about His coming, even baptized Jesus Himself. Yet, when in dark times, even he had doubts. But look at Jesus' response; He doesn't condemn John for having doubts, tell him he's unfaithful, call him an infidel or anything like that. He just says "take a look at the evidence around you." Jesus doesn't condemn him because He understands his fear and pain, but also because Jesus knows that He is right, which means the evidence points to Him, which means He doesn't need to fear people investigating and thinking for themselves. When you hear people say "just trust me on that," how confident are you? But what about when they say "by all means, see for yourself?" The man who is telling the truth doesn't need to fear inquiry and doubt because he knows the evidence will back him up. Does the way Islam deal with people showing doubts make you confident that the evidence backs it up?

If you copy/paste "Mohammed’s History: Exposing Islam’s Hidden Truths of Radical Muslims (William Federer)" into a Youtube search and watch that video (about 90 minutes) you'll get a pretty complete basis of understanding what Islam is and, most importantly, why it is and where it really comes from, how it was formed and started, etc.

God bless you in your search!

• Loved it! 1

Guest BacKaran

Please contact a safe women's shelter if you are going to trust Christ.

Your muslam husband is indoctrinated to kill infidels and to lie at all costs for Islam. 

I would go into hiding, divorced him and get back on the road to Jesus.

Praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

22 hours ago, plusmuslimah said:

Hi I need a place to vent and for feedback. I converted to Islam 4 years ago from Christianity. I was very wishy washy at best when I was Christian and had a drug and alcohol problem. I got sober and was told that in order to stay sober I had to find a power greater than myself. I tried church again and found nothing so I went looking and eventually found Islam and converted. It helped me stay sober but my family hated it so I tried to live as a Christian again but honestly it didn't work so I left my home to better live a Muslim life. I got married 2 years ago to a Muslim man. We have a good life and I'm active in our community help out at our Sunday school program and with our scout program. I'm even starting collage in less then a month. Thing is for the past 6 months I have been having doubts about Islam but I can't voice them to anyone. My husband talked to me about me not praying and it was a huge mess. I tried to voice my doubts to him but I was so to speak shot down and made to feel like an absolutely horrible person. I keep having dreams about Christianity. I don't know what to do. I can't voice anything going on with me to anyone else . 

Your first mistake was with converting to Islam. Their God is not the God of the Holy Bible and you do not have an eternal salvation with Islam. Everyone in this world has a choice where they want to spend their eternity. Ask Jesus Christ into your life and go to heaven or do not ask Jesus Christ into your life and spend your eternity in hell. The choice is yours.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am curious.  What faith does your husband have? Is he a Muslim, too?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

13 hours ago, AlexDofTX said:

I am curious.  What faith does your husband have? Is he a Muslim, too?

He is muslim. Muslim women are not allowed to marry outside the faith.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

7 hours ago, PrincessLiana said:

He is muslim. Muslim women are not allowed to marry outside the faith.

That does make your dilemma harder.   On the one hand you have no salvation in Islam, nor in the religion of Christianity.  Salvation comes by accepting the gift of life in Christ when the Holy Spirit comes into your heart with the new birth.  On the other hand, if you accept Christ, you are not to leave your husband either.  He can leave you but you can not leave him.  Therefore, staying with him as a Christian will put you in a difficult position.

However, greater is He (Yahweh, aka, Yeshua or Jesus) that is in you than he (satan and his false religions) that is in the world.  If you commit your life to Christ in truth, He will carry you through whatever comes to pass.