IGNORED

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1Peter 5:8
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.Ephesians 6:11-12

20476408_10155767535448296_8363471562249583598_n.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/1/2017 at 7:21 AM, angels4u said:

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1Peter 5:8
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.Ephesians 6:11-12

20476408_10155767535448296_8363471562249583598_n.jpg

Im probably going to get blasted for this.

I do know we have an advisary in the devil. But i think alot of people who are told they need deliverance from demons are just needing to discipline the flesh. Most the scriptures including ephesians 6 that refer to our spiritual warfare are telling us we have a battle with the adamic sin nature ruling in our flesh and we overcome our fleshs  battle for our soul with the renewing of our mind in the Word and being restored to a right spirit by putting on Christ.  look up where the word spiritual warfare us in scripture and read them in context to see what I am saying. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/2/2017 at 9:01 PM, Reinitin said:

I do know we have an advisary in the devil. But i think alot of people who are told they need deliverance from demons are just needing to discipline the flesh. Most the scriptures including ephesians 6 that refer to our spiritual warfare are telling us we have a battle with the adamic sin nature ruling in our flesh and we overcome our fleshs  battle for our soul with the renewing of our mind in the Word and being restored to a right spirit by putting on Christ.  look up where the word spiritual warfare us in scripture and read them in context to see what I am saying. 

Yes you are right, it isn't just God and the Devil. Mankind makes decisions to do good or bad to.

It's not what goes into a man that is evil. But it is where the heart resides, to choose to do good or bad.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We the born of s/Spirit have God The Holy Spirit within us ... and we will answer for this resource given of God Himself ( ! ) I think all excuses are null and void...

Matthew 11:11 (KJV)

[11] Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luke 12:48 (KJV)

[48] But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Love, Steven

27 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

We the born of s/Spirit have God The Holy Spirit within us ... and we will answer for this resource given of God Himself ( ! ) I think all excuses are null and void...

Matthew 11:11 (KJV)

[11] Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luke 12:48 (KJV)

[48] But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Love, Steven

Amen ,it's just something we have to be aware of everyday , don't you think?

We often get in trouble just because we are too quick  with our emotions,the enemy would just love it if we put self on the throne of our life , so many things and how we live and act connect with this Bible verse.

I like to do a study about it someday , how easy the enemy can get us in trouble ,it's such a constant decision making from our part everyday ..

Well, I'm off to try to make the peach cake recipe ....:)

Do everything without grumbling or
arguing,Phillipians 2:14

Can we  do this for one day at the time for 24 hours,oh how easy it is when talking to people to fall in the trap of maybe agreeing they what they grumble about or we have some kind of complain....

But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. Matthew 12:36

5 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Yes you are right, it isn't just God and the Devil. Mankind makes decisions to do good or bad to.

It's not what goes into a man that is evil. But it is where the heart resides, to choose to do good or bad.

Agree Pudnik,

Remember we can only live a Godly life if the Holy Spirit lives in us ,therefore we do have to be born again Christians to recognize this evil power who's out to destroy our happiness in Jesus...

Philippians 2:13

13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:01 PM, Reinitin said:

So true Reinitin,

We can't blame the devil for everything ,but we do know that he likes to get rid of our happiness and peace which we have in Jesus,also as long as we live in the flesh we have to fight the flesh and recognize what it's doing to us if we're not alert,just take one day of your life,let's say yesterday,did you have to make a constant decision about something or some words being said which could cause trouble?

Galatians 5:24

24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

• Loved it! 1

On 8/1/2017 at 11:33 PM, Sojourner414 said:

In other words: "BAD KITTY!!!"

Hi Sojourner,

How do you fight this struggle every day?

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Amen ,it's just something we have to be aware of everyday , don't you think?

We often get in trouble just because we are too quick  with our emotions,the enemy would just love it if we put self on the throne of our life , so many things and how we live and act connect with this Bible verse.

I like to do a study about it someday , how easy the enemy can get us in trouble ,it's such a constant decision making from our part everyday ..

Well, I'm off to try to make the peach cake recipe ....:)

Do everything without grumbling or
arguing,Phillipians 2:14

Can we  do this for one day at the time for 24 hours,oh how easy it is when talking to people to fall in the trap of maybe agreeing they what they grumble about or we have some kind of complain....

But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. Matthew 12:36

I have meditated upon all this much... the responsibility: emptying of the old by reckoning it dead (all first born error), putting self into new Biblical truth only (reformation of mind) and actively loving, worshiping, adoring God... is the mark of The High Calling of Christ by s/Spirit within us! Turning aside by giving place to anything else is a waste of Resource in God... That which passes away has no resource in and of itself OR why would God cause it's ceasing!  Love, Steven

59 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I have meditated upon all this much... the responsibility: emptying of the old by reckoning it dead (all first born error), putting self into new Biblical truth only (reformation of mind) and actively loving, worshiping, adoring God... is the mark of The High Calling of Christ by s/Spirit within us! Turning aside by giving place to anything else is a waste of Resource in God... That which passes away has no resource in and of itself OR why would God cause it's ceasing!  Love, Steven

Amen brother Steven , :emot-heartbeat:

This is  what we all should be doing,  to be dead to our flesh but we're still here on earth in our old body  so we have to walk daily and night  with our armor on ,trouble comes when we're not wearing it,it's just around the corner :(

To God be the glory !

I often think of the Israelites and their complaining,what did it get them?

Numbers 14:20-23 states, “Then the Lord said, ‘I have pardoned them, according to your word. But truly, as I live, and as all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD, none of the men who have seen my glory and my signs that I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and yet have put me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed my voice, shall see the land that I swore to give to their fathers. And none of those who despised me shall see it.’” What is meant by “these ten times?”

One option is to understand this phrase as a rhetorical number. It would be similar to a parent saying to a child, “I have told you ten times to clean your room.” The parent has not necessarily communicated with the child exactly ten times. The point is that there have been countless times that communication has been made. In the Numbers passage, the point would be that the Lord has been persevering with His people through countless illustrations of rebellious behavior, which was testing Him. Another option is to understand this phrase as an actual number. This would mean, then, that the Lord had been tested an actual ten times by the behavior of the people.

Regardless of which option one might choose based on the evidence available, it is important to have an understanding of what it means to “test” the Lord. A clue is provided for us in Numbers 14:11, which is the Lord’s response to the people in the situation, which precipitates Numbers 14:20-23. In Numbers 14:11 it states, “And the LORD said to Moses, ‘How long will this people despise me? And how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them?’” The Lord performed signs (Egyptian plagues, parting of the waters of the Red Sea, etc.) for Israel intending that it would produce belief in them. However, as soon as Israel moved beyond an event where they had seen a sign from the Lord and then encountered another similarly difficult situation, they did not evidence belief. Thus, they tested the Lord. Another clue for this is provided in Exodus 17:6, where it further defines “testing” as Israel’s raising the question, “Is the Lord among us or not?” Again, when the nation encountered difficulty, their response did not evidence a belief that the Lord could move on their behalf and meet them in their place of need. Indeed, in their minds, he was absent.

Either option for understanding “ten times” is plausible because we do not have a record of every event that occurred for Israel during this time period. All we have a record of is “snapshots” of various events that occurred through the nation’s journeys. However, the second option is supported in a rather interesting way from the biblical text. The “signs” of the plagues against the Egyptians are intended not only to judge the Egyptians, but also to instill belief in the nation of Israel. Israel watched the powerful work of God in the ten plagues. Then, the Lord delivered them from the hand of the Egyptians and took them out of the land. How does Israel respond when they encounter difficult situations along the way? Do they evidence belief or does their response “test” the Lord with their lack of belief?

If you were to read Exodus 14 through Numbers 14 (it is not necessary to search through the book of Leviticus) with an eye toward Israel’s response to the various difficulties encountered during their journey, it is interesting to note that there are ten occurrences where they grumble and complain rather than evidence belief in the Lord. Note the following passages:

1.         Exodus 14:10-12

At the Red Sea where it seemed that Pharaoh’s army would destroy them

2.         Exodus 15:22-24

At Marah where they found bitter water

3.         Exodus 16:1-3

In the Desert of Sin as they hungered

4.         Exodus 16:19-20

In the Desert of Sin as they paid no attention to Moses concerning the storing of the manna until the morning

5.         Exodus 16:27-30

In the Desert of Sin as they disregarded Moses concerning the gathering of the manna on the seventh day

6.         Exodus 17:1-4

At Rephidim as they complained for water

7.         Exodus 32:1-35

At Mount Sinai as Aaron led the people in making the golden calf

8.         Numbers 11:1-3

At Taberah where the people raged against the Lord

9.         Numbers 11:4-34

At Kibroth Hattaavah in the grumbling provoked by the rabble for quail

10.       Numbers 14:1-3

At Kadesh in the Desert of Paran when the people refused to receive the good report of Joshua and Caleb but rather wished themselves dead

So finally in Numbers 14:11, the Lord cries out “how long?” Repeatedly the Lord had demonstrated His faithfulness in each situation of difficulty. However, as soon as Israel encountered another difficult situation, they evidence unbelief through their grumbling and complaining. Their complaining cried out loudly, “Is the Lord among us or not?” As a result, the Lord concludes, “and yet have put me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed my voice.”

Is any of this important to us? Our response to this is to consider how we might put the Lord to the test in our own lives. We can read about the Lord’s faithfulness in the Bible, and we have seen his faithfulness in our lives. Yet, when we encounter our next difficulty, do we evidence belief in Him, a belief that knows we can trust Him through the difficulty?http://www.thegoodbookblog.com/2014/mar/31/what-is-meant-by-these-ten-times-in-numbers-1420-2/

Oh, how I love Jesus because He first loved us ! :emot-heartbeat: