• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The answer is true regardless if you like it or how it is worded.  The first part is not going to damage anyone with a "shaken" faith, or whatever.   Often, I have found that "shaken" faith is just a pretext for people who don't want to believe the Bible and have hardened their heart against it.   There is nothing counter productive about the truth.   What's counter productive is when someone is faced with truth that they don't like and don't want to accept and then blame the person who spoke it.

Asking about whether or not we replenish God's energy isn't the kind of question people ask when their faith is shaken, so I have concerns about what's really behind your question.

Never said it wasn't true, and shaken faith has many forms. I merely proposed that that might not be the best way to start off, with different people, situations and questions we sometimes have to be mindful of how they perceive what we are saying to them and how we are saying it. I would be interested to know exactly what kinds of questions people do ask when their faith is shaken and what your concerns are about in context to 'what's really behind my question'.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

6 hours ago, Adifferenttruth said:

If God created everything in 6 days, God is also infinite in his wisdom and power, there are more than a few passages that support that in the bible, why did he need to rest on the 7th day?

I recall some years ago that I was listening to a Bible Scholar teaching on these passages (I'll try and track it down)...

(Genesis 2:1-3) "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.  {2} And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.  {3} And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

That it wasn't God that rested or needed rest it was that God gave a repose to Creation; It doesn't come thru in the English Translations all that well. 

Also, as He created Man after this, is it not logical to think that Man was created TO replenish His energy or equivalent?

Say What?  Man was Created on the Sixth Day.

regards

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On August 1, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Zoltan777 said:

I would like know people opinion about creation. Many traditional believers stating it all happened in 6 days. Some other stating it took 6000 year referring to 2. Peter 3.8.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

So what do you think, which theory is valid? And why? Or explain it if you have different thoughts.

And a million years is like a minute to God,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/26/2017 at 9:33 PM, Adifferenttruth said:

If God created everything in 6 days, God is also infinite in his wisdom and power, there are more than a few passages that support that in the bible, why did he need to rest on the 7th day? Now if God needs rest, can one assume He isn't exactly infinite if He needs to replenish His energy or equivalent? Also, as He created Man after this, is it not logical to think that Man was created TO replenish His energy or equivalent? That we are actually being matured for a spiritual battery and God created Hell to collect the negative and Heaven to collect the positive and that what He tells us to do and why the world is the way it is, is merely a manipulation by God to coerce us into becoming either one of the two?

I was asked this by somebody, I found it interesting that they came up with such a theory on creation and had to be very careful in the way I answered as it's a very thought out theory, to type the whole dialogue would take a while but this was the gist of it. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this and how they would have approached this question, bearing in mind that how you answer these types of challenges can be the difference in pushing someone away or pulling someone towards you.

I would approach this by disputing the premise. There is no indication in scripture that God needs anything. The Bible simply says That God rested from His work - i.e. He had finished the work of creation and so stopped working.

As a matter of logical consistency, if one is going to trust the Bible as the basis of a theory, then the theory should maintain consistency with the rest of the Bible - which is abundantly clear that God is both eternal and all-powerful. When speaking to Moses, God describes Himself as "I am" - meaning His existence is self-sustaining; independent of outside sources (i.e. He exists regardless of our belief or worship). Even the context of the theory itself (i.e. Gen 1) demonstrates God as the Creator and sustainer of the natural universe. We get our life from Him, not the other way around.

So ultimately, they either believe the Bible or they don't. If one doesn't believe the Bible, then why base a theory on reading the concept of a limited God into a single Bible verse. If the Bible is not believed, why use it at all - why not just make up your own religious story without the Bible, rather than seeking to corrupt an existing belief? The only reason I can think of is as an attempt to transfer some Biblical gravitas to the made-up story. But that again lacks logical consistency. If one recognises that respect should be attributed to the Bible, then why not respect all of it? No additional story is needed.

P.S. humans as batteries has been done (e.g. The Matrix) - so it's not even a new story.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 8/1/2017 at 6:23 AM, Zoltan777 said:

I would like know people opinion about creation. Many traditional believers stating it all happened in 6 days. Some other stating it took 6000 year referring to 2. Peter 3.8.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

So what do you think, which theory is valid? And why? Or explain it if you have different thoughts.

Time is relative...actually a compete illusion, even according to science.

So then, the answer to both is: Yes ... both 6 days, and 6000 years. And truth be known, 50 billion years if you like - for all things are a manifestation of what is on high, both the truth and the lies. In the end, however, only truth remains.

Edited by ScottA