• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

How can I FULLY trust in Christ?

Good question. Not sure I can fully answer. FULLY is something of a progression. I have my moments when I am fully trusting in Jesus only to realize by His loving hand all of me isn't something I've fully given. Paul speaks in Romans of presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice unto the Lord. Well that's heavy. Fully trusting Him is handing over our life to Him. Daily. It's a big problem in a Leodecian land of the west. The persecuted church fully trusts Jesus because there's nothing else they can trust. 

We live in a micro wave instant society for the most part. Quick fix, mothers little helper, take the problem away, hit the lottery, sew the seed wipe away the debt foolishness. You don't make a soldier over night by putting a gun in his hand and a stripe on his shoulder and send him out to battle. Well Moses spent 40 years in the wilderness being a husband, father and a shepherd before leading the Hebrews out of Egypt.

As we walk with Jesus we trust Him more and more. When we don't walk with Jesus we trust ourselves or something else more and more. We can't speed up the life God has for us but we can slow it down. Having faith is the same thing as faithfulness. Being faithful in our walk is by nature having faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

We live in a fallen world and the effects of that will ware on us. Acts ch 2 gives us the basic principles of growing up and standing firm. The apostles doctrine, fellowship, breaking of bread, prayer and one thing not mentioned very often is the fear of God. Trembling is a good thing.  When the Lord returns it will be our best dream or our worse nightmare.  Jesus is the only one we can trust. Conviction, repentance and clinging to the old rugged cross. The blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin. Nothing else will do.

When fully realized persecution comes to the west, and it's coming, fully trusting in the Lord will be realized but if we aren't standing now in a breeze how can we stand in the storm. Without looking it up I believe a prophet put it this way, "If you can't stand on dry ground how can you handle the thickets of the Jordan." 

The type of vegetation that grows along the river is bushes and small tree thickets with thorns and jaggers and when flash floods come you better get out of there or be a good swimmer, if caught in a thicket you best not panic.

It's day by day, be sincere with the Lord in prayer and read His word. When you're praying your speaking to God and when you're reading His word He is speaking to you. Pay attention. God will teach you and guide you and when you find yourself alone and rejected, He will find you, not that He lost you, it's just you need to know how to put your boots on, He will never leave you or fore sake you. It will just take a while for you to FULLY trust that.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

For me trusting in Christ was a process.  I started by giving God the problems, the areas of my life that were a mess.  He did such a great job of straightening those out as I applied the Scriptures to the situations, that I have Him more problems.  Finally I admitted that God does a much better job of running my life than I ever can and just threw up my hands and told God He can have all of me.  I surrendered all my arguments and heal dragging to fall on my face before Jesus.  My Lord and my God.

Today I pray about lost car keys, sickness and even sick dogs,  house and car repairs and maintenance.  No problem is too small or too big;  we cast all our cares upon Him because He cares for us.  And we are committed to following Him and serving Him where ever He leads.  He said His yoke is easy and His burden is light.  So I gave Him my heavy burdens and take on the light ones He asks of me, to love and serve those in need.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Good question.

But we must approach the subject with a firm grasp on the human handicap. It would be like we (a gold fish) how we could fully trust our human owners / feeders.

Other gold fish in the bowl may come up with many theories, ideals, etc. but all are from the perspective of fish in a fish bowl.

But solution is to deliberately faithfully respond to what the initiator (human owner) does. When they sprinkle food on the surface of the water we go up and eat. They may turn on a light or tap on the bowl each time preparing us to go up and feed.

We best trust Christ in the way we serve him best: according to our calling and spiritual gifts. 

Dedication comes to mind, but it is possible to be so dedicated to Christ that one is of no practical use to him.

Monasteries come to mind.

Salt that never leaves the shaker and light that is under a bowl might seem a tiny version of heaven to some but it doesn't accomplish much toward the mission and goal of evangelizing the lost.

What after all is the main mission of the Church?