Zoltan777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

read my other two posts before this one if you want context. 

So if we want to ponder the possibility of a time lapses the evidence would be in scripture to give us possible formulas to test through science. One is "a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day". So you could test for pissibility of planet rotarion that would give you a morning and evening every thousand years for 6000 years before settling into a 24 hour day cycle. But that wouldn't sustain vegitaion and life would it?

i study scripture in hebrew and i know english translations were not divided into chapters and verses until the 1600's. Because Jesus picked up a scroll of Isaiah and read the part He is fufilling now for salvation and stopped before the rest he will fulfill at his return. We know that God does, will and can have thousands of years of a gap in one paragraph to fulfill his spoken Word.

in Gen 1 you can see some things God Created and some are made and some are to be made. There is a huge difference in the meaning of those two hebrew words used in the 6 day account of creation.

He also gives a specific order of his creation. The Creation of vegitation was fully mature vegitation ready to give fruit and seed. then he rested the seventh day and he looked upon creation and it all was good.

I do not believe Gen 2 is a closer look into his work in Gen 1. 

1. the order of days and things made does not follow the order in Gen 1.

2 the man was moved from somewhere to plant the garden from seed not mature plants.

3. Something bad happened. There is no way the sin of man, the fall of man resulting in our death with scriptual knowledge of good and evil is something God would look at and say it is good.

Gen 1 he gave all the trees fruits, seeds and blessed them as food.

I think what most accept for doctrin about Gen 1 and 2 is an error. 

I could write a whole book that includes the change of Gods name between 1 and 2. 

If indeed there is a lost amount of time that is unaccounted for i think it is found between Gen 1 where many things are created and some are  to be made and Gen 2 were things are made not created. The 5000+ (5777 give or take some years on the calandar could of been lost during the babylonian exile) the doctrin of time line is measurable from Genesis 2 to present. Genesis 2 being inside the 7 day creation account is a doctrin not a proved scriptual fact.

Edited by Reinitin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357
On 8/24/2017 at 10:48 AM, Reinitin said:

read my other two posts before this one if you want context. 

So if we want to ponder the possibility of a time lapses the evidence would be in scripture to give us possible formulas to test through science. One is "a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day". So you could test for pissibility of planet rotarion that would give you a morning and evening every thousand years for 6000 years before settling into a 24 hour day cycle. But that wouldn't sustain vegitaion and life would it?

i study scripture in hebrew and i know english translations were not divided into chapters and verses until the 1600's. Because Jesus picked up a scroll of Isaiah and read the part He is fufilling now for salvation and stopped before the rest he will fulfill at his return. We know that God does, will and can have thousands of years of a gap in one paragraph to fulfill his spoken Word.

in Gen 1 you can see some things God Created and some are made and some are to be made. There is a huge difference in the meaning of those two hebrew words used in the 6 day account of creation.

He also gives a specific order of his creation. The Creation of vegitation was fully mature vegitation ready to give fruit and seed. then he rested the seventh day and he looked upon creation and it all was good.

I do not believe Gen 2 is a closer look into his work in Gen 1. 

1. the order of days and things made does not follow the order in Gen 1.

2 the man was moved from somewhere to plant the garden from seed not mature plants.

3. Something bad happened. There is no way the sin of man, the fall of man resulting in our death with scriptual knowledge of good and evil is something God would look at and say it is good.

Gen 1 he gave all the trees fruits, seeds and blessed them as food.

I think what most accept for doctrin about Gen 1 and 2 is an error. 

I could write a whole book that includes the change of Gods name between 1 and 2. 

If indeed there is a lost amount of time that is unaccounted for i think it is found between Gen 1 where many things are created and some are  to be made and Gen 2 were things are made not created. The 5000+ (5777 give or take some years on the calandar could of been lost during the babylonian exile) the doctrin of time line is measurable from Genesis 2 to present. Genesis 2 being inside the 7 day creation account is a doctrin not a proved scriptual fact.

Yeah, your assessment is not correct.   Genesis 2 is a summation of what was covered previously in the six days of creation, but then changes the focus to day six and gives us more detail on what occurred on day six. The summation of the events does not place the events in consecutive order and doesn't have to.   Genesis 1 and 2 is what, in the theological world, we refer to as a "bad chapter break."  The chapter break gives the false impression that there are two separate accounts of creation and that is simply not the case.

As for the change of God's name from Elohim to YHVH is simply the difference between how God relates to the non-human created order and how He relates to man.   YHVH is God's redemptive Name and the holiest Name in all of the universe.   It is the Name through which He relates to man.   All of His redemptive attributes are connected to that Name.   To the rest of the created order He is Elohim, but to man He is YHVH.

Your approach almost seems to smack of the Document Hypothesis, which falsely assumes two different accounts of creation based on part, on two different Names of God used in the text.   That hypothesis is falling out of use and is being discarded by theologians due to the fact there is no evidence for it.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, your assessment is not correct.   Genesis 2 is a summation of what was covered previously in the six days of creation, but then changes the focus to day six and gives us more detail on what occurred on day six. The summation of the events does not place the events in consecutive order and doesn't have to.   Genesis 1 and 2 is what, in the theological world, we refer to as a "bad chapter break."  The chapter break gives the false impression that there are two separate accounts of creation and that is simply not the case.

As for the change of God's name from Elohim to YHVH is simply the difference between how God relates to the non-human created order and how He relates to man.   YHVH is God's redemptive Name and the holiest Name in all of the universe.   It is the Name through which He relates to man.   All of His redemptive attributes are connected to that Name.   To the rest of the created order He is Elohim, but to man He is YHVH.

Your approach almost seems to smack of the Document Hypothesis, which falsely assumes two different accounts of creation based on part, on two different Names of God used in the text.   That hypothesis is falling out of use and is being discarded by theologians due to the fact there is no evidence for it.

not so I don't see and thing created in Genesis 2 even adam is made. in Gen one he created them male and female. Big difference between those 2 words. huge  difference and specific meanings. look up the words used for created and made. I said "IF" the world is more then 5777 years since evening and morning are recorded as a sun cycle day the time discrepency would have to be between Genesis 1 and 2. we have the years record in geneology from Adam on.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

not so I don't see and thing created in Genesis 2 even adam is made. in Gen one he created them male and female. Big difference between those 2 words. huge  difference and specific meanings. look up the words used for created and made. I said "IF" the world is more then 5777 years since evening and morning are recorded as a sun cycle day the time discrepency would have to be between Genesis 1 and 2. we have the years record in geneology from Adam on.

Made and Created are synonymous. God created Adam.  He made Adam, no real difference.   You're trying to split hairs needlessly. Anyone who is competent in hermeneutics can tell that Genesis 2 is just a more focused record of what happned on day six.   You're just putting stuff out there and frankly, you are not using good exegesis.

Also, you need clean up your grammar as your posts are very, very difficult to read.

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Made and Created are synonymous. God created Adam.  He made Adam, no real difference.   You're trying to split hairs needlessly. Anyone who is competent in hermeneutics can tell that Genesis 2 is just a more focused record of what happned on day six.   You're just putting stuff out there and frankly, you are not using good exegesis.

Also, you need clean up your grammar as your posts are very, very difficult to read.

i was not talking about create and made. I was talking about bara and asah the hebrew. I said, in reference to 1000 years per day of creation. It can not be. God used the sun cycle of evening and morning. Since Genesis 2 doctrin is not the historical hebrew root teaching but a church doctrin.

If there even is a time descrepancy It has more possiblity to be between gen 1 and 2 then 1000 year day of creation.

Really? Why don't you just scroll past? if you dont understand it. It probablly was not ment for you?

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Since Genesis 2 doctrin is not the historical hebrew root teaching but a church doctrin.

What do you mean by Genesis 2 doctrine?   What is that, specifically?

Really? Why don't you just scroll past? if you dont understand it. It probablly was not ment for you?

Is it too much to ask you to proofread your posts?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

i can't and i try but I am on a tiny phone. Im luck if "M" is not "N" and I have to change my keyboard for numbers and sometimes go through 3 keyboard options to get to punctuation. Not that it is any of your business. Some people have dyslexia and visual issues and since the human mind does even need every letter to identify words its your issue not mine. Increase your fruit of patience. I dont want to fight with my phone.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Reinitin said:

i can't and i try but I am on a tiny phone. Im luck if "M" is not "N" and I have to change my keyboard for numbers and sometimes go through 3 keyboard options to get to punctuation. Not that it is any of your business. Some people have dyslexia and visual issues and since the human mind does even need every letter to identify words its your issue not mine. Increase your fruit of patience. I dont want to fight with my phone.

The person needing to work on patience is you, not me.

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

LoL yes i have 54 year old eyes and no magnifying glass so you be patient or scroll past and google ancient hebrew teaching on creation. I'd hate to break it down for you and make you suffer with  my grammar:)

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The person needing to work on patience is you, not me.

oh, I didn't see me asking anyone else to make an effort so I didn't have to.