• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've told you all before when I was young I was studying to be a psychotherapist. I like people and I like helping people. I was also interested in how we get to be how we are. All psychology students use themselves as their 1st patient. I never could figure out why I lie so much less than the average person. Of course I've told some lies but they're rare. It might be because I was an only child and parents always seemed to know if I said an untruth. I was punished severely for that. So I quickly learned to not lie. It just wasn't worth it.

Anyway, here's some more interesting observations about chronic liars. That man I know, who gives me rides occasionally but I always have to pay him and not just for gas. He becomes furious when I tell him I know he lied. Right now his wife is sick and almost died. He had asked for my help but now he doesn't want help. I find that curious. If he really has a basic psychopathic personality (that means he doesn't feel compassion) then having to care for his sick wife must be driving him nuts. I guess he realized she's not going to get better. I think he's torn between wanting his freedom back, but also being all alone, and having to help her with every little thing.

But now my last family member, the good egg, she surprised me. She dislikes 1 of the women who comes to her husband for help. He's a homeopathic healer and if he gets to someone before they're too sick his diet plans seem to really work. They don't have a lot of clients so I was surprised that there's 1 woman my cousin wishes they didn't have. I asked why and the answer was "she fibs". I guess my cousin doesn't realize that the whole family always knew she often fibs herself. So as a student of human behavior I'm surprised that chronic liars either don't know it, or if they do it enrages them. This is why they drive me nuts. 

And Kwik you're right, to be a successful liar you need a great memory. Once we hit our 60's our memories are hardly great, at least mine isn't. 

I just felt like sharing this with the community.