TheNiceAtheist

Is there any arguments (Besides the bible) against Gay Rights?

On 8/6/2017 at 10:02 PM, Reinitin said:

Well actually the constitution of the United States gives all men and women gay or straight the bill of rights. So like everyone of us, straight, gay, male, female, religious, no religion we make the best life we can for ourselfs and if appilicable our families. plenty of LGBTQ have become respected and sucsessfull, they have established legal partnerships that give then all the rights and privlidges of a marriage. So there are no excuses for that use LTGBQ as there excuse for not finishing high school, going to college, developing a skill and being a respected member of their comunity and no they should not have special treatment, protection and privlidges. 

Im blonde, polish and female should I use any of the teasing i get to make an excuse for failures or use my self inflected lack of self worth to emotionally minpulate laws for my special treatment when seeking education or a job?

But the problem here is we are called of God to respect the laws of the land, but not to where they contradict God's law. And God's law does not allow gay marriage

• Loved it! 1

other one    24,492
5 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

But the problem here is we are called of God to respect the laws of the land, but not to where they contradict God's law. And God's law does not allow gay marriage

These days and times one should define what God's Laws are.    We don't all think the same thing when you use that phrase.

Just now, other one said:

These days and times one should define what God's Laws are.    We don't all think the same thing when you use that phrase.

God's laws are plenty clear in the bible. 

other one    24,492

do you mean the ten commandments, the laws given to Moses for the Israelites or the commands given to us (Christians)  by Jesus.

My personal thing is becoming a Christian by believing God raised him from the dead, and confessing he is my lord, repenting and being baptized.....   and following the command to love God with all my heart body and soul so to speak and loving others.

From my perspective we are no longer to apply the old testament laws to our lives as long as we live his commands to us and walk in the Spirit as we are now born of the Spirit as Children of God.

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2017 at 7:50 PM, TheNiceAtheist said:

I was wondering if there are any solid arguments (Again, aside from the Bible) for why Gays, Lesbians, or members of the LGBTQ+ community should not have equal access to marriage, education, wages, etc. 

(EDIT)

Perhaps I should have made myself more clear. I am not trying to troll, or to insult anyone, but I am requesting arguments that do not require faith, arguments that can be accepted by someone who does not believe in the Christian religion, that sort of thing.

Ahhh the old equal access argument. Coming from the hardest working generation known in the history of mankind, never mind the most morally upright and honorable. Can't I just live somewhere with like minded people who aren't trying to take away my beliefs? These loons seem to follow CHRISTIANS wherever they go, and then its....EQUALITY, NO JOBS, WELFARE, CHILD SEX EDUCATION. What a joke. They will learn the TRUTH one way or the other soon enough. In the meantime, i'll do my civic duty and say read the bible for the truth, and the things that are to come whether you approve of them or not. I approve of them because I have seen that God's way works best. It's never too late to turn around the lies we are fed into a weapon against those same liars.

Edited by Gluttonous Winebibber

Cobalt1959    4,045
12 hours ago, other one said:

do you mean the ten commandments, the laws given to Moses for the Israelites or the commands given to us (Christians)  by Jesus.

My personal thing is becoming a Christian by believing God raised him from the dead, and confessing he is my lord, repenting and being baptized.....   and following the command to love God with all my heart body and soul so to speak and loving others.

From my perspective we are no longer to apply the old testament laws to our lives as long as we live his commands to us and walk in the Spirit as we are now born of the Spirit as Children of God.

That does not mean that we have the liberty to suddenly go with the flow and take secular societies view that nothing is morally-wrong anymore.

Homosexuality is a sin.  It was a sin yesterday.  It will be a sin tomorrow.  If, as a Christian, you fail to say that it is still wrong morally, you support it.  It is as simple as that.  Supporting gay marriage, or taking the stance that it is not wrong, politically speaking, you support it.  There is no gray area there.

other one    24,492
1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That does not mean that we have the liberty to suddenly go with the flow and take secular societies view that nothing is morally-wrong anymore.

Homosexuality is a sin.  It was a sin yesterday.  It will be a sin tomorrow.  If, as a Christian, you fail to say that it is still wrong morally, you support it.  It is as simple as that.  Supporting gay marriage, or taking the stance that it is not wrong, politically speaking, you support it.  There is no gray area there.

my comment was/is just geared as to which laws he was talking about Cobalt....   we've both been here long enough to know I disapprove of Homosexuality.....     but I don't think we should spout old testament law to condemn it when we are  no longer under that set of rules.....    there are places in the new testament where it is mentioned and that should be what we refer to.....

But I do think that life style is between them and God and I/we should not take their liberties away over it.   They have the right in the USA to be stupid if they want and go to hell...   we should not discriminate against them, but should not let them do the same to us.

I personally have about as much use for an adulterer as I do for gay people, and maybe less for they at least have not made commitments to their spouse in the presence of God as most weddings are.    Assuming that God would not attend a gay wedding officially.

• Thanks 1

Yowm    6,082
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, TheNiceAtheist said:

I was wondering if there are any solid arguments (Again, aside from the Bible) for why Gays, Lesbians, or members of the LGBTQ+ community should not have equal access to marriage, education, wages, etc. 

(EDIT)

Perhaps I should have made myself more clear. I am not trying to troll, or to insult anyone, but I am requesting arguments that do not require faith, arguments that can be accepted by someone who does not believe in the Christian religion, that sort of thing.

Outside the Bible you will get man's opinion...and  you know how fickle that is.

• Upvote 1

Joefizz    150
On 8/2/2017 at 7:50 PM, TheNiceAtheist said:

(EDIT)

Well quote"gay" people I can say on equality,just like anyone else,quote"gay" people have the right to,equal wages,equal jobs and etc.as for "marriage" it's a bit "redundant" because it's really the equivalent of quote marrying a mirror image of one's self,why someone would want that I'll never know,but it is allowed in some states and while opposed for the obvious biblical reasons,I'm not about to Hate quote "gay" people for getting quote"married",but I will advise against it if the issue comes up,not simply biblically,but morally as well,with some simple yet valid reasons...

1.quote"marriage" for quote "gay" people inspires having children between the two,since no quote "gay" people can have children through "natural child birth" it sets them up for depression

2.quote "gay" people tend to want acceptance of their quote "marriage" since many do not accept quote "gay" quote "marriages" they set themselves up for depression

it's rather depressing as you go down the list of what follows afterward...

I would encourage you to look into studies on the effects of gay marriage on society.

God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name!