IGNORED

WorthyNews:Trump endorses merit-based system that would cut legal immigration by half

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you don't understand.   Immigrants come here legally and they generally live productive lives.   Illegal aliens are not immigrants.  They are illegal and don't belong here and generally live off the public dole, or if they do work, they work illegally below min wage and don't pay taxes (in addition to getting benefits from the government).

There is no such thing as an "illegal immigrant."   Immigrants are what we need and want.  What don't want are illegal aliens.

The POTUS plan is not about illegal immigration, but about legal immigrants 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Of course he does...this old fossil, standing there with the other old fossil, is one of the main problems in Congress.  l really feel for him and his illness but I DO wish he would just go ahead and change the R in front of his name to a D. 

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

The POTUS plan is not about illegal immigration, but about legal immigrants 

I understand that.  And I made that point, if you bothered to pay attention.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

That would mean that the majority of our ancestor would not have been allowed to come here. And by the way, unskilled worker does not mean someone who is on the dole. 

It's a slap in the face of what American stands for. I wonder if Trump's wife would have been able to get in under this policy? 

statueofliberty_sm-500x500.jpg

You have a point, LK.  My ancestors came here three centuries ago, and they were just farmers and housewives, but things are different now.  In our technological world, one has to be skilled to make a living wage.  Remember, our ancestors didn't have a public dole to be on so they HAD to work and the country NEEDED immigrants to become a country.  We are at 330,000,000 now and we really have enough unskilled people who can't make it without public assistance.  Presumably, an illegal can't get Obamacare so how do they pay medical costs?  Short answer; they don't.  You do.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It means that legal immigrant and American citizens, especially minority citizens, would not have to compete with illegals for jobs. 

hi Brother

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to explain to me.  However I am very sorry but I still don't understand?

To me .. if I am not mistaken.. the term 'legal immigrant' often refers to someone who has a valid visa etc / permission..  to enter / stay in a country.. and has not broken any of the rules or violated any of the terms or conditions  ..for that particular visa etc ..  that they had been granted.

So a legal immigrant .. who has entered a country legally and is staying legally in that country.. but who is unskilled or does not speak much english..  would still be a legal immigrant and not illegal?

If I am not mistaken the proposed USA bill only targets legal immigrants... and / or those wishing to come to the USA as legal immigrants..... not illegals?

Sorry for my many questions.  I also came across this article on the BBC website which has some details about the proposed USA bill.

http://bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40814625

Thanks.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, just_abc said:

hi Brother

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to explain to me.  However I am very sorry but I still don't understand?

To me .. if I am not mistaken.. the term 'legal immigrant' often refers to someone who has a valid visa etc / permission..  to enter / stay in a country.. and has not broken any of the rules or violated any of the terms or conditions  ..for that particular visa etc ..  that they had been granted.

So a legal immigrant .. who has entered a country legally and is staying legally in that country.. but who is unskilled or does not speak much english..  would still be a legal immigrant and not illegal?

If I am not mistaken the proposed USA bill only targets legal immigrants... and / or those wishing to come to the USA as legal immigrants..... not illegals?

Yes, that is true.  The bill does target legal immigrants and gives those with skills, education, self-sufficiency priority over legal immigrants who do not have those things.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, that is true. 

Ok.  Thanks brother.

Edited by just_abc