IGNORED

Is John 14:13 only addressed to the apostles?

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

John 14:13

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Is this advice only addressed to the apostles or to the entire world? Cause it doesn't seem to be working nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

The entire "world"....absolutely not......only the "Apostles",absolutely not    The Believer Who is in Christ,walks in Spirit & in Truth .....the things we ask are to Glorify God according to the Purpose of His Call

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Is this advice only addressed to the apostles or to the entire world? Cause it doesn't seem to be working nowadays.

In His Name isnt just saying "In the name ofJesus" like a witchcraft spell. Might want to look up what In His Name means. Charles Spergeon has a good teaching on "In His Name".

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC, verse 12 just before it explain who can ask.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

the key words are to glorify the Father...... IN THE SON.

Matthew 7:22 & 23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 8/3/2017 at 1:16 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

in principle it applies to all people who practice the faith right(eously) enough, but unfortunately there may be a spiritual crisis in which the righteous prayers for overall salvation may not be fulfilled completely but slightly (Matthew 24:20-21), and it is even a fact that there has been such a crisis for the last decades, and the possible cause of such a crisis is great spiritual unrighteousness/lawlessness/wickedness usually manifesting in the form of ostensibly useful religions (not only satanism, but also religions called "sacred")

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/3/2017 at 8:16 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

A theology based on one verse will nearly always lead to a person losing their faith.. But taking in the entire Word of God causes a person to have a faith which is far more solid and enduring..

1 John 5: KJV

13 "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. {14} And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: {15} And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, kwikphilly said:

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

The whole crux of this question is in this verse. So if you do not do the commands of the Lord and willfully ignore them, why would He listen to you? 'If you love me, keep my commandments'

This is mostly ignored in our churches today. They have myriad reasons and prideful dogmas, but they do not keep the Lord's Commandments and so they have no power. Simple.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, Yowm said:

It should be also tempered with these verses...

John 16:26-27 NASB
[26] In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf; [27] for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

1 John 5:14-15 NASB
[14] This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. [15] And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lustsb. Jas 4:2-3

Edited by Mike Mclees