• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Do White Men Really Deserve To Vote?

Last time a journalist dared to use their platform and freedom of speech to discuss this question on the Huffington Post, she was silenced and the article was taken down. However, I saw it and thought that the benefits of reversing white men’s suffrage was definitely worth discussing. After all, women and people of colour went through times of not being allowed to vote, and the fact that white men never had to experience that is an injustice. Despite the fact that we are given the illusion of democracy today (even though in reality the electoral college decides our future for us), do oppressors of minorities and women deserve to choose to continue our oppression, or should we help them by withdrawing the right to vote from them for a while until we can truly get on the same page and connect?

Women were not allowed to vote in the United States until 1920, so that’s over a millennium of women lacking the right to vote. And what reparations have been paid since then? Nothing. Where’s the justice for women? Black suffrage in the United States has also been a slow process where even when people of colour were legally allowed to vote in the 1860s, there were many obstacles such as the “Black Codes” and voter intimidation in general. Where’s their justice? Nowhere to be found. Historically, white men have had few problems voting and the way things are going, they will never understand the kind of injustice others have faced. 

Now, history lessons aside; many people who disagree so far might be thinking, “Yes, all this injustice that happened in the past was undoubtedly awful. However, two wrongs don’t make a right.” However one can’t be sure if withdrawing the white man’s vote could be considered a “wrong”. Furthermore, the point here that has to be made is that banning white men from voting temporarily will help them understand systemic injustice and help them become better, more empathetic allies to the social justice cause. In contexts like these, identity politics can be helpful, empowering and contributing to an important learning experience. White men who want to become better allies always come across the problem of “I will never understand what it feels like to be systemically oppressed” but this proposal may further their understanding of minority needs and improve relations between different genders and races, which is the ultimate goal; equality. 

http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/08/01/do-white-men-really-deserve-to-vote/

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Whatever happens makes no matter to me.    This world is lost and it don't matter what color you are.  the flesh profits nothing.

The people need to hear the gospel and come to Christ , where their is not greek nor jew, black nor white, JUST CHRIST WITHIN.

so long as we focus on the past , so long as we focus and are bitter about whatever happened or did not happen.........we are tools of darkness

to remain DIVIDED against the other .   And I simply have no desire for any of it.    My family are those in CHRIST and it matters not what color.

For it matters not if a man was born a jew or gentile , black, white , Asian or etc.   What matters is........THEY NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN.

and once one is.............the past simply matters not , the JOY of the LORD , OF HIS SALVATION will fill the that heart, and the desire to keep

reaching others .     Personally they can do as they please.  the blind will always lead the blind right to a pit

and all this  is the work of satan.   How do I know that......................Satan knows a HOUSE divided cant stand...............thus he is dividing

everyone and every thing so that man is pitted against man where satan runs the show.    This whole world is about to be judged hard.

my advice is ..............FLEE ITS CONCEPTS and RUN TO CHRIST and be ready to endure one heck of an al out tribulation against true lambs.

Do white men deserve to vote.   let me tell you that by answering it in scripture.

You know what I expect from this world................ONLY HATE and PERSECUTOIN against me.

BUT PEACE IN CHRIST .

And I know that the righteous judgment of GOD is that I do suffer for the kingdom.  THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT OF GOD.

so whatever this world dishes out against me.................so be it.   SO LONG as GOD is honored I say AMEN.  REJOICE IN THE LORD PEOPLES  ,REJOICE IN THE LORD.

• Loved it! 1

40 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

First you have to tell them how inferior and subhuman they are, or it'll never work. :P lol

Abby it don't matter what anyone say about you.............I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I have really heard anyone say anything bad.  But regardless ,    I love you and you just praise the LORD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Color has nothing to do with it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I am just thankful that we women and people of color do have the right to vote.  But our true citizenship is in heaven.

"This World Is Not My Home"   Writer(s): Mary Reeves Davis 

This world is not my home
I'm just a-passing through
My treasures are laid up
Somewhere beyond the blue.

The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.

Oh Lord, you know
I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home
Then Lord what will I do.

The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.

I have a loving mother
Just up in Gloryland
And I don't expect to stop
Until I shake her hand.

She's waiting now for me
In heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.

Oh Lord, you know
If heaven's not my home

The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.

Just over in Gloryland
We'll live eternally
The saints on every hand
Are shouting victory.

Their songs of sweetest praise
Drift back from heaven's shore
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.

Oh Lord, you know
If heaven's not my home

The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

For some reason I have the Stones' "Under My Thumb" rumbling through my cranium. :D

In other words, there's nothing funnier than a liberal. When there's not enough hoo-hah around to get their panties in a twist, they THINK of something. Must be rough going through life permanently offended.

Edited by John Robinson

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

IN the USA  only land owners, male land owners have the right to vote. All other voters have been extended a privilege really intended for the few males with real skin in the game.

Only those with skin in the game  should ever be allowed to vote on anything affecting land and rights of land ownership.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

When you open the link you will find many comments that are not suited to be posted here at Worthy.  But I did find one interesting:

The reason it was taken down from the Huffington Post SA site is because it wasn't written by a journalist, as you state here, or even by a feminist blogger, as originally claimed. It was written by a white man pretending to be a woke feminist in order to prove that you can publish just about any garbage as long as it appears to tick certain "progressive" boxes. The editor who fell for it - and published her own defense of it along similar lines to the rubbish you've penned here - has since lost her job, and rightly so. You were beautifully trolled.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

28 minutes ago, Davida said:

Okay then, thanks Davida.  Look out for the comments in there too!