spiritual warfare

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

This sounds silly.  I've had a huge fear of hell the past few years, but all the sudden 4 days ago at my therapist appt it "died".  This worries me because this was just a secular therapist appt and I'm worrying that a demon may have entered me there and giving me a false sense of security .  This doesn't make sense for this fear to all the sudden go away all of the sudden after two years.  And it was EXTREME.  Please help me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Tyler

What would make you think that a demon entered you?You are usually saying that you believe you are reprobate because you have denied God all your life,so what has changed,do you no longer believe this way?

Tyler,people have many emotions "Feelings" these change with every situation & every circumstance,one day they're happy because life is a bowl of cherries & the next day they are depressed for one reason or another.....The Prince of Peace gives us His Peace & that which surpasses ALL understanding because it has absolutely nothing to do with "feelings" but everything to do with walking in Spirit & in Truth.....this is just a small portion of the Life More Abundant we have in Christ Jesus,because HE Abides in us......

I can't tell you why you suddenly no longer "feel" fearful or obsessed with the notion of hell but I can tell you that unless you give your whole heart to Jesus that whatever you are experiencing at this time is fleeting & temporary,just as this life itself will surely pass..Everything people hold so dear & desire are all temporal,just as our physical bodies are but we are much more than what meets the eyes,we are a spirit.....has your spirit been made ALIVE in Christ? If not then these outward "feelings" will continue to sway back & forth with every wind & wave......If your fear of hell has suddenly "died",as you say then I have to ask....."Did you suddenly surrender your life to Jesus and asked forgiveness"? If the answer is "yes" & you have a repentant heart and now have Received that Blessed Assurance that you are Saved,then indeed you have His Peace....If the answer is "no" then I would say you are having a pleasant experience that won't last very long

Now you are "worried" that a demon may have entered you,that does not sound like "fear" has died or left......it sounds to me that nothing has really changed except you've simply transferred your fears from one thing to another......Why not start at the beginning Tyler,at the foot of the cross....WHO is Jesus to you? Is His Finished Work on the cross enough to Save you? Do you Believe He took all your sin upon Himself,for YOU? Do you Believe He Loves you? You have to start with the right foundation my friend,a solid foundation to build on......He is our Rock,our Refuge,our Lord ,our Savior...the Author & Finisher of our Faith

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Tyler

What would make you think that a demon entered you?You are usually saying that you believe you are reprobate because you have denied God all your life,so what has changed,do you no longer believe this way?

Tyler,people have many emotions "Feelings" these change with every situation & every circumstance,one day they're happy because life is a bowl of cherries & the next day they are depressed for one reason or another.....The Prince of Peace gives us His Peace & that which surpasses ALL understanding because it has absolutely nothing to do with "feelings" but everything to do with walking in Spirit & in Truth.....this is just a small portion of the Life More Abundant we have in Christ Jesus,because HE Abides in us......

I can't tell you why you suddenly no longer "feel" fearful or obsessed with the notion of hell but I can tell you that unless you give your whole heart to Jesus that whatever you are experiencing at this time is fleeting & temporary,just as this life itself will surely pass..Everything people hold so dear & desire are all temporal,just as our physical bodies are but we are much more than what meets the eyes,we are a spirit.....has your spirit been made ALIVE in Christ? If not then these outward "feelings" will continue to sway back & forth with every wind & wave......If your fear of hell has suddenly "died",as you say then I have to ask....."Did you suddenly surrender your life to Jesus and asked forgiveness"? If the answer is "yes" & you have a repentant heart and now have Received that Blessed Assurance that you are Saved,then indeed you have His Peace....If the answer is "no" then I would say you are having a pleasant experience that won't last very long

Now you are "worried" that a demon may have entered you,that does not sound like "fear" has died or left......it sounds to me that nothing has really changed except you've simply transferred your fears from one thing to another......Why not start at the beginning Tyler,at the foot of the cross....WHO is Jesus to you? Is His Finished Work on the cross enough to Save you? Do you Believe He took all your sin upon Himself,for YOU? Do you Believe He Loves you? You have to start with the right foundation my friend,a solid foundation to build on......He is our Rock,our Refuge,our Lord ,our Savior...the Author & Finisher of our Faith

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hear hear.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, Tyler22 said:

This sounds silly.  I've had a huge fear of hell the past few years, but all the sudden 4 days ago at my therapist appt it "died".  This worries me because this was just a secular therapist appt and I'm worrying that a demon may have entered me there and giving me a false sense of security .  This doesn't make sense for this fear to all the sudden go away all of the sudden after two years.  And it was EXTREME.  Please help me

there are many things that could have been said or perceived that could have triggered your sense of security.   It isn't my personal experience that demonic possession works that way.     If you are going to counseling you must have had some problem you were dealing with.

Just because the therapist is a secular person is no reason to think God could not use that person to help you out.

Thank God for setting you free from your worry and see where it goes from here.....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If you are worried about hell at all, check out www.tentmaker.org. That should put your mind at ease.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Universalism is taught clearly in the New Testament. It's just that people don't want to see it. The religious people lose power when they can't hold hell over somebody's head.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I am unsure how Universalism helps Tyler's question. I do see that Hell has been used in the past to scare people.

But I think that Universalism is far more scary that Hell. 

Russell Streeter invented this in the 1820's and it basically says that all will be eventually Christian and will be welcomed into Heaven. Obviously this negates the bible completely, so we can all throw away our bibles and sacred writ, go out and have fun with no worries for the consequences.

No, it is not mentioned to my understanding in the NT and anyway, we do not need the NT if we believe in Universalism.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Justin

I'm really not understanding how you see universalism as being scarey......according to that theory there is no need for a Savior and yes,you can throw your Bibles away & do whatever you please   Unless of course you mean it is scarey that anyone might believe it is true? Maybe you can clarify for me? Thanks for sharing

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1