Salvation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

My story is so confusing.  Ill just say that i dont think ive ever truly accepted Christ as my Savior.  I envy the changed lifestyles that Christians have.  Some.  How can I get that?  I am glad that i dont think im reprobate anymore.  But my life isnt changed.  How can I... well be saved.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I think the best answer I can offer is my own testimony. 

brakelite.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/from-blindness-to-freedom

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,017
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Tyler22 said:

My story is so confusing.  Ill just say that i dont think ive ever truly accepted Christ as my Savior.  I envy the changed lifestyles that Christians have.  Some.  How can I get that?  I am glad that i dont think im reprobate anymore.  But my life isnt changed.  How can I... well be saved.

Be a glutton for God's Word eat, drink and sleep it... do as much as you are able to obey the precepts learned and you will grow! Verify everything by men who's lives show what they speak...

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Some people want "fire insurance" from hell but have never surrendered their lives to Christ.  He can only change the areas of your life that you have given Him.  Try looking in your concordance in the back of your Bible for all verses in the New Testament about salvation, or save.  Then try the same with the word fear and give God all your fears and ask Him to take them.  Go on to another area that you have asked about here.  I also underline the verses that help me so that I can refer to them over and over.  If your Bible does not have a concordance, there is a good one in Blue Letter Bible online.  But I still underline the verses that encourage me, answer my questions, and give me peace.  And if you find instructions concerning the subject, try to practice what it says.  

• Loved it! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/5/2017 at 9:53 AM, Tyler22 said:

If by reprobate you meant unsalvageable then yes you are correct in not believing you are one. 

But we all started out that way.

Believe Jesus and you will be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (RSV)
1 Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand,
2 by which you are saved, if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures,
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures,

John 3:16-18

Ephesians 2:8-10

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

It is hard. Galatians mentions this apparent paradox according to St. Paul's thoughts. You are not alone in this.

Struggling with Sin

13 Was then that which is good made death to me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent to the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The Lord is wanting us to know him just call to him. Rom 10:9-10, John 5:24, John 3:3-5, John 3:16-18.

Hugs :o:)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The Lord took our punishment so we can have life eternal. He died and was raised to life so we can be saved. Trust in him. I'm learning more to trust. :o That's so important to "trust" in him. :) He's so wonderful. Trust repent believe. :)) Hugs I felt like adding more. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 8/5/2017 at 11:53 AM, Tyler22 said:

Those of us who have accepted Christ as Savior have died to the old man of sin and reborn as new creations that dont WANT to sin. That doesnt mean we dont sin at all. We will always make mistakes occasionally. But sin is so repugnant to us that we just dont want to sin with impunity.