• Prophet, Virgin birth, Sinless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Poll on who you think Jesus is. Provide a reason and why you chose your answer. 

Edited by plusmuslimah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Genesis 1:1 to the end of revelation.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Son of God (The Father testified Himself)

Matthew 3:17 (KJV)

[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Prophet (The Son and Father testifies)

John 7:16 (KJV)

[16] Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 8:28 (KJV)

[28] Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 17:8 (KJV)

[8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Virgin born (Mary herself testifies)

Luke 1:34 (KJV)

[34] Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Sinless (Jesus testified of Being our High Priest)

Hebrews 4:15 (KJV)

[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

No option for:

Sole Creator of all things created

incarnate.

Surprised by these poll results:

poll.png

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God.  Joh 1:3  All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.  Joh 1:4  In him was life, and the life was the light of men.   Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Php 2:5  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,  Php 2:6  who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,  Php 2:7  but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.  Php 2:8  And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

1Co 8:6  yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Eph 3:9  and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

Isa 7:14  “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.[fn]

Mat 1:23  “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,”[fn] which is translated, “God with us.”

2Co 5:21  For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

"Behold, I and the children God has given me."

Heb 2:14  Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,

Heb 2:15  and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Heb 2:16  For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham.

Heb 2:17  Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Heb 2:18  For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Heb 3:1  Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,

Heb 3:2  who was faithful to him who appointed him, just as Moses also was faithful in all God's house.

Heb 3:3  For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses—as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself.

Heb 3:4  (For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.)

Heb 3:5  Now Moses was faithful in all God's house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later,

Heb 3:6  but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope.

Heb 4:15  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

We worship Jesus Christ God, with His Father in the beginning, Creator, born in human flesh of a virgin by the Holy Spirit, Son of God, Savior of mankind who receive Him as Savior and Lord; and His Holy Spirit Who abides in and with all believers, sent by our Father and Savior as another Comforter so that we shall never be alone.  We know Him as a real living God Who has revealed Himself evident in our own lives. We fear Him as our Almighty Creator but love Him as He first loved us and gave His Son for our sin. He has given His Spirit crying Daddy, Abba, in us, testifying that we are His children.  ONE GOD in 3 PERSONS BLESSED GOD FOREVER!  AMEN.  

Added some passages (George)

Isa 9:6  For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Isa 9:7  Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this. 

Rev 22:12  And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each according as his work is. 
Rev 22:13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, the First and the Last. 

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/14/2017 at 11:04 PM, JohnD said:

No option for:

Sole Creator of all things created

incarnate.

Surprised by these poll results:

poll.png

Clearly there is a need for Bible teaching here.

Jesus Christ is God incarnate (John 1:1, John 1:14).

He alone is the one who created Heaven and Earth (and the spirit realm).

Isaiah 44:24 (AV)
24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

In the presence of God the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1-2) and of God the Father (1 John 1:1-2).

Colossians 1:13–16 (AV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption
through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: ← ← !!

ALL humanity are the children of God the Word:

Luke 3:38 (AV)
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

It was God the Word who did all creating alone up to the point of his incarnation.

Then  God the Father created the body of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 10:5 (AV)
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

And,

Hebrews 1:5 (AV)
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

ONLY Jesus Christ is the Son of the Father.

ONLY those who believe in Jesus Christ the ONLY Son of God can be the adopted sons and daughters of the Father.

Romans 8:15 (AV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

None of this was a choice in the poll and I did not answer it because of that.

And again, I am surprised by the amount of beliefs held contrary to scripture as evidenced by the poll results.

The virgin birth appears to be the only prominence in the poll.