• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Behold said:

When a person does not understand that salvation <> born again, cannot be undone, or "lost", then they will think they are lost every other day because of their behavior.

Therefore, they will be endlessly going back to the alter to get '"saved again" and again and again, as they are lost again each week.

To me the strangest part of these type believers, preachers, and denominations, is that they are absolutely ignorant regarding the Atonement, yet they will preach you a book about "tongues" "the holy sprit", and "receiving the baptism".....Yet they can't even grasp "Grace".

Interesting, isn't it?

You hit the nail on the head.  It's all about "Grace" and the lack of understanding by the vast majority of believers.  It's not once saved always saved, and then go about your sinful life.  In my youth, I attended parochial school for 12 years getting A's and B's in my religious instruction.  I never knew what grace was until I experienced it as a "Seeker" outside the RCC.  But this is not to give the Protestant denominations a pass, or even the non-denominational Evangelical Churches.  God's grace warrants more than a 5 minute wrap-up before the altar call.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/15/2017 at 10:53 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You hit the nail on the head.  It's all about "Grace" and the lack of understanding by the vast majority of believers.  It's not once saved always saved, and then go about your sinful life.  In my youth, I attended parochial school for 12 years getting A's and B's in my religious instruction.  I never knew what grace was until I experienced it as a "Seeker" outside the RCC.  But this is not to give the Protestant denominations a pass, or even the non-denominational Evangelical Churches.  God's grace warrants more than a 5 minute wrap-up before the altar call.

A person's discipleship, is what  they do because they are saved, but has nothing to do with saving them, or keeping them saved.

WE are saved because God saved us, and outside of this, there is no salvation.

Salvation, is not a work in progress, and this is understood by the term "born again".

We are a work in progress, as we are being conformed to the image of Christ, but this is separate from the Eternal situation, REDEMPTION- ATONEMENT, which is a Gift that cant be earned and can't be kept.

It is instead, ESTABLISHED and Sustained by the Blood Of Jesus,  which cant be remitted or taken from us, any more then a birth can be undone after you are born.