IGNORED

Noah's Ark & the rapture

ByTheSpirit

9 minutes ago, Keras said:

It may interest you to know that Keras, which I derived from my surname of McKerras, is actually a Hebrew word. It means messenger or herald of good news. 

Here is what strongs demonstrates.

keras: a horn

Original Word: κέρας, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: keras
Phonetic Spelling: (ker'-as)
Short Definition: a horn
Definition: (a) a horn, (b) a horn-like projection at the corner of an altar, (c) a horn as a symbol of power.

HELPS Word-studies

2768 kéras– properly, an animal horn; (figuratively) an instrument of power, i.e. that overcomes by displaying overpowering strength.

[2768 /kéras ("horn") symbolizes the strength of (horned) bulls (see Ps 132:17).]

NAS Exhaustive Concordance

Word Origin
a prim. word
Definition
a horn
NASB Translation
horn (1), horns (10).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon

STRONGS NT 2768: κέρας

κέρας, κερατος, plural κέρατα, genitive κεράτων (Winers Grammar, 65 (63); Buttmann, 15 (13)), τό (from Homer down), Hebrew קֶרֶן, a horn;

a. properly: of animals, Revelation 5:6; Revelation 12:3; Revelation 13:1, 11; Revelation 17:3, 7, 12, 16.

b. Since animals (especially bulls) defend themselves with their horns, the horn with the Hebrews (and other nations) is a symbol of strength and courage, and is used as such in a variety of phrases (Psalm 88:18 (); Psalm 131:17 (); ; 1 Samuel 2:10; Sir. 47:5, 7, 11; 1 Macc. 2:48, etc.; cf. Gesenius, Thesaurus, iii., p. 1238; (B. D. under the word )); hence, κέρας σωτηρίας(of God, Psalm 17:3 (); 2 Samuel 22:3), equivalent to a mighty and valiant helper, the author of deliverance,of the Messiah, Luke 1:69.

c. tropically, a projecting extremity in shape like a horn, a point, apex: as, of an altar, Revelation 9:13; (Exodus 29:12; Leviticus 4:7, 18; Leviticus 16:18; Amos 3:14; Psalm 117:27 ()). 

keras: a horn
Original Word: κέρας, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: keras
Phonetic Spelling: (ker'-as)
Short Definition: a horn
Definition: (a) a horn, (b) a horn-like projection at the corner of an altar, (c) a horn as a symbol of power.
HELPS Word-studies

2768 kéras– properly, an animal horn; (figuratively) an instrument of power, i.e. that overcomes by displaying overpowering strength.

[2768 /kéras ("horn") symbolizes the strength of (horned) bulls (see Ps 132:17).]

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
a prim. word
Definition
a horn
NASB Translation
horn (1), horns (10).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 2768: κέρας

κέρας, κερατος, plural κέρατα, genitive κεράτων (Winers Grammar, 65 (63); Buttmann, 15 (13)), τό (from Homer down), Hebrew קֶרֶן, a horn;

a. properly: of animals, Revelation 5:6; Revelation 12:3; Revelation 13:1, 11; Revelation 17:3, 7, 12, 16.

b. Since animals (especially bulls) defend themselves with their horns, the horn with the Hebrews (and other nations) is a symbol of strength and courage, and is used as such in a variety of phrases (Psalm 88:18 (); Psalm 131:17 (); ; 1 Samuel 2:10; Sir. 47:5, 7, 11; 1 Macc. 2:48, etc.; cf. Gesenius, Thesaurus, iii., p. 1238; (B. D. under the word )); hence, κέρας σωτηρίας(of God, Psalm 17:3 (); 2 Samuel 22:3), equivalent to a mighty and valiant helper, the author of deliverance,of the Messiah, Luke 1:69.

c. tropically, a projecting extremity in shape like a horn, a point, apex: as, of an altar, Revelation 9:13; (Exodus 29:12; Leviticus 4:7, 18; Leviticus 16:18; Amos 3:14; Psalm 117:27 ()). 

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
horn.

From a primary kar (the hair of the head); a horn (literally or figuratively) -- horn.

Forms and Transliterations
εκεράτιζες εκερατίζετε καρατίζοντα κερας κέρας κέρασιν κέρασμα κεράσματος κεράστου κερατα κέρατα κέρατά κέρατι κερατιεί κερατιείς κερατίναι κερατίναις κερατίνας κερατίνη κερατίνης κερατιούμεν κερατίση κερατων κεράτων keras kéras kerata kérata keraton keratōn keráton kerátōn
Links
Interlinear Greek  Interlinear Hebrew  Strong's Numbers  Englishman's Greek Concordance  Englishman's Hebrew Concordance  Parallel Texts
Englishman's Concordance
Strong's Greek 2768
11 Occurrences

κέρας — 1 Occ.
κέρατα — 8 Occ.
κεράτων — 2 Occ.

Luke 1:69 N-ANS
GRK: καὶ ἤγειρεν κέραςσωτηρίας ἡμῖν
NAS: And has raised up a horn of salvation
KJV: hath raised up an horn of salvation
INT: and raised up a horn of salvation for us

Revelation 5:6 N-ANP
GRK: ἐσφαγμένον ἔχων κέρατα ἑπτὰ καὶ
NAS: having seven horns and seven eyes,
KJV: having seven horns and seven
INT: having been slain having hornsseven and

Revelation 9:13 N-GNP
GRK: τῶν τεσσάρων κεράτωντοῦ θυσιαστηρίου
NAS: from the four horns of the golden
KJV: the four horns of the golden
INT: the four horns of the altar

Revelation 12:3 N-ANP
GRK: ἑπτὰ καὶ κέρατα δέκα καὶ
NAS: and ten horns, and on his heads
KJV: and ten horns, and seven
INT: seven and horns ten and

Revelation 13:1 N-ANP
GRK: ἀναβαῖνον ἔχον κέραταδέκα καὶ
NAS: having ten horns and seven heads,
KJV: and ten horns, and upon
INT: rising having horns ten and

Revelation 13:1 N-GNP
GRK: ἐπὶ τῶν κεράτων αὐτοῦ δέκα
NAS: heads, and on his horns [were] ten
KJV: upon his horns ten crowns,
INT: on the horns of it ten

Revelation 13:11 N-ANP
GRK: καὶ εἶχεν κέρατα δύο ὅμοια
NAS: and he had two horns like a lamb
KJV: he had two horns like a lamb,
INT: and it had horns two like to

Revelation 17:3 N-ANP
GRK: ἑπτὰ καὶ κέρατα δέκα 
NAS: heads and ten horns.
KJV: and ten horns.
INT: seven and horns ten

Revelation 17:7 N-ANP
GRK: τὰ δέκα κέρατα 
NAS: heads and the ten horns.
KJV: and ten horns.
INT: the ten horns

Revelation 17:12 N-NNP
GRK: τὰ δέκα κέρατα ἃ εἶδες
NAS: The ten horns which you saw
KJV: And the ten horns which thou sawest
INT: the ten horns which you saw

Revelation 17:16 N-NNP
GRK: τὰ δέκα κέρατα ἃ εἶδες
NAS: And the ten horns which you saw,
KJV: And the ten horns which thou sawest
INT: the ten horns which you saw

I wont post anymore  because it is off topic.. 

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

35 minutes ago, Keras said:

We are told in Revelation 6:17, that the Sixth Seal judgement is the Day of the Lord’s wrath and then the Seventh Seal is an ‘about a 20 year’ earthly time gap when the world recovers, enabling righteous Israel; that is: every faithful Christian from every race, nation and language, to return to the holy Land and the rise of a One World government.

If I may ask, How exactly is the conclusion drawn of a "20-year gap"?

26 minutes ago, firestormx said:

I like your question. Also, his emphasis on the sixth seal as the day of the LORDS wrath is not what the word says. Rather it does say Gods wrath has come. This statement comes directly after all six seals are broken emphasis  wrath and  not [one singular]. 

Revelation 6:17

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I wont post anymore  because it is off topic..

Thanks for your 'exhaustive' rebuttal.

Strongs H2745 Keraz - to make a proclamation.  and G 2783 Kerax - a herald of divine truth, esp a Gospel preacher.   Both pronounced as Keras.     The root word does mean 'horn', or strength and from that a person who strongly proclaims the truth. 

1 hour ago, firestormx said:

We are given the formula for how time is for God in heaven, as compared to earthly time. Two witnesses say that to God: 1 day is equal to 1000 years earth time. Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8.  

So the Seventh Seal, the next after the forthcoming Sixth Seal, will be a half hour of silence in heaven.  1/ 48th of a day for God in heaven. 1/48th of 1000 years fro us on earth is about 20 years.  This time period is right for all that is prophesied to happen between the Sixth Seal and the glorious Return of Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Revelation 6:17

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 6:17 For the great Day of their wrath has come and who can stand?  REBible

Proof of the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster being the next prophesied thing to happen, is in Isaiah 61:2, where Jesus stopped mid-sentence, before; and a Day of the vengeance of the Lord

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

40 minutes ago, Keras said:

We are given the formula for how time is for God in heaven, as compared to earthly time. Two witnesses say that to God: 1 day is equal to 1000 years earth time. Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8.  

So the Seventh Seal, the next after the forthcoming Sixth Seal, will be a half hour of silence in heaven.  1/ 48th of a day for God in heaven. 1/48th of 1000 years fro us on earth is about 20 years.  This time period is right for all that is prophesied to happen between the Sixth Seal and the glorious Return of Jesus. 

But those verses don't apply to everything in scripture that has a time table. If you apply that verse to this, then would you not also have to apply it the prophecy of 70 weeks? I just don't think this is sound biblical theology or sound hermeneutics. I do thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will try to refrain from derailing this thread any further.

Edited by firestormx

1 hour ago, Keras said:

anks for your 'exhaustive' rebuttal.

It wasnt a rebuttal. But it did kinda take the air out of your sails .:D

1 hour ago, Keras said:

Proof of the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster being the next prophesied thing to happen, is in Isaiah 61:2, where Jesus stopped mid-sentence, before; and a Day of the vengeance of the Lord

It is your false interpretation.  I can see this will go nowhere.  THINK what you want. I rightly divide the word. buh bye

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, firestormx said:

But those verses don't apply to everything in scripture that has a time table. If you apply that verse to this, then would you not also have to apply it the prophecy of 70 weeks? I just don't think this is sound biblical theology or sound hermeneutics. I do thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will try to refrain from derailing this thread any further.

As Revelation 8:1 specifically says the half hour of silence is in heaven, then to do as I have is quite correct. God, in heaven, is not constrained by our clocks. 

Your disagreement is not based on any 'bible theology or sound hermeneutics'. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Keras said:

As Revelation 8:1 specifically says the half hour of silence is in heaven, then to do as I have is quite correct. God, in heaven, is not constrained by our clocks. 

Your disagreement is not based on any 'bible theology or sound hermeneutics'. 

Doesn't the equation go both ways (1 day = 1000 years = 1 day)?  The 30 minutes of silence could mean 1/1000th of a second.

Luke 13:32 is widely held to support the day-millennium theory, yet Jesus was here on earth when He said it.  My point is that its just too subject to interpretation to be reliable.

Based on the context, I see the half hour of silence more as an indication of the severity of what is forthcoming than I do code for 20 years.

15 hours ago, Last Daze said:

dDoesn't the equation go both ways (1 day = 1000 years = 1 day)?  The 30 minutes of silence could mean 1/1000th of a second.

No, it does not; read in a decent translation. To think as you do makes a mockery of a Bible truth. 

Luke 13:32 is widely held to support the day-millennium theory, yet Jesus was here on earth when He said it.  My point is that its just too subject to interpretation to be reliable.

That verse has to be future prophecy, as Luke 13:33 goes on to say what He will do next.  Jesus did make many prophesies that are for our time.   Verse 32 is paralleled by Hosea 6:2

Based on the context, I see the half hour of silence more as an indication of the severity of what is forthcoming than I do code for 20 years.

Revelation 8:1 is a plain statement. It is you that wants to make it mean what it doesn't.

Anyway, the fact is that the silence in heaven, happens just after the Sixth Seal world changer. We see in Revelation 7:1-14, the 144,000 selected out of the vast multitude gathered in the holy Land. Just as is prophesied to happen to all of the Lord's faithful Christian people. We see them in the Land in Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

47 minutes ago, Keras said:

No, it does not; read in a decent translation. To think as you do makes a mockery of a Bible truth. 

Revelation 8:1 is a plain statement. It is you that wants to make it mean what it doesn't.

*sigh*  Why so condescending?  Why the air of infallibility?