Daughter of God

Need MASSIVE Prayers to stay on God's Path

Hi, everyone.

Yesterday was extremely hard and tempting, though I'm reading the Bible and praying. Newly re-committed to God, and coming out of a VERY dark and isolated place, I really need prayers and community support to stay on track. I have no contact with the Christian community, so I'm going it on my own for the moment (with God, of course). I'm moving to a new state soon, so it'll be about a month until I can find a nice church.

I don't really know how to pack it all into a nutshell. Basically, it starts at the beginning: I was extremely neglected as a child and fell through the cracks at school, into a life of extreme isolation. No friends, no anything, it's hard even to find references now that I'm job-hunting. Destructive habits went with the territory: drugs, alcohol, self-harm, and basically living another fantasy life wrapped up in my own head.

I kicked the chemical habits years back, but I'm still terribly bad at eating enough and otherwise taking good care of myself. 

Anyway, I'm trying hard to quit the self-harm, eat, and emerge from my own head, so to speak. God tells me He has wonderful plans for me, not just in heaven but here on earth, and that I must live as the person He made me to be. I feel like a baby learning to walk, feeling my way forward. 

Please pray that I make the right choices, and let God deliver me to the life He has for me with these transitions in the coming weeks. 

Thank you - God bless!

• Loved it! 4

PATMEN    478

I thought in your welcoming message that your past was maybe more darker than the still difficult struggles you had in your life. I must admit that I have read and heard worst life stories! I think that Our Heavenly Father has already healed you from your mental issues and drug additions... Hallelujah! Nevertheless, I will pray to Jesus-Christ, our Lord and Savior, to give you the strength to overcome your temptations and the wisdom to make the right choices in life... Amen! 

GBU... Daughter of God 

• Loved it! 4
  • Thanks 1

Wanda01    309

Nothing and I do mean nothing, is too hard or dark, for our Heavenly Father to deliver and heal us from! My life is a testimony of that, as many can say, I'm sure.

We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus! Romans 8:37-39

I will be praying for you!

• Loved it! 3
  • Thanks 1

BK1110    2,667

Welcome to Worthy! Praying for you!

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

shanee    3,129

Hello Daughter of God. Don't worry if you haven't found a church yet or whatever because God the father is more than able to delivery you anytime. Not saying Church isn't good just saying.

Praying now Daughter of God

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

NOONE7    2,504
11 hours ago, Daughter of God said:

Hi, everyone.

Yesterday was extremely hard and tempting, though I'm reading the Bible and praying. Newly re-committed to God, and coming out of a VERY dark and isolated place, I really need prayers and community support to stay on track. I have no contact with the Christian community, so I'm going it on my own for the moment (with God, of course). I'm moving to a new state soon, so it'll be about a month until I can find a nice church.

I don't really know how to pack it all into a nutshell. Basically, it starts at the beginning: I was extremely neglected as a child and fell through the cracks at school, into a life of extreme isolation. No friends, no anything, it's hard even to find references now that I'm job-hunting. Destructive habits went with the territory: drugs, alcohol, self-harm, and basically living another fantasy life wrapped up in my own head.

I kicked the chemical habits years back, but I'm still terribly bad at eating enough and otherwise taking good care of myself. 

Anyway, I'm trying hard to quit the self-harm, eat, and emerge from my own head, so to speak. God tells me He has wonderful plans for me, not just in heaven but here on earth, and that I must live as the person He made me to be. I feel like a baby learning to walk, feeling my way forward. 

Please pray that I make the right choices, and let God deliver me to the life He has for me with these transitions in the coming weeks. 

Thank you - God bless!

Praying for you! JESUS guard your steps! Amen.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Annette    2,119
On 8/8/2017 at 1:47 PM, Daughter of God said:

Hi, everyone.

Thank you - God bless!

Thank you for sharing your prayer request Daughter of God. Keeping you in prayer. :) Blessings 

• Loved it! 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, everyone. Today was worse than yesterday. 

Last night, I had what amounted to a job offer (told I was a shoe-in) in a city I'd vowed never to return to (because it was the site of many years of abuse and drugs). I didn't turn it down, regarding it as a fall-back option while I continued the job hunt. 

But then I had nightmares, and as soon as I remembered them on waking, terrible anxiety crept in. Like demons. I didn't shut it out right away, so they were quickly a buzzing swarm. It's been bad all day, though God has also made His presence felt, I don't feel enveloped in His love like I did before. 

And I've weakened. Or at least, I'm not as strong and careful in going forward. I've procrastinated a lot today, because I'm so intimidated by...not knowing what to do...when it comes to applying for appropriate jobs. I'm open to going most other places, but I think God is making it very clear that I'm not meant to return to where I've been. He got me out for a reason, after 12 years of despair, believing I'd never escape. Yet I keep being tempted to go back, and I can't believe it wouldn't soon mean going back to other things, too. I'd be so disappointed in myself.

I just can't take the "safe" option anymore. It's not safe for me at all!

Sorry for rambling again. I don't really have anyone to talk to about all this right now. Anyway...I'm doing worse than before, and I really need continued prayers! I sound like I'm begging, and I hate it, but I'm really alone and I just don't know what to do with myself right now. I'm still determined to follow God where He's clearly leading, but I *do not* trust myself, and I'm scared of where I am right now, internally...

...and externally, with the clock ticking to my lease being up and moving to a new place without knowing where or how I'll support myself there. God help me!

• Loved it! 3