tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

As someone who knows many young adults who are seemingly going the way of the world, I wanted to look into the topic of "the mind".  I confess that this study was originally done because I have an older son who is totally focused on the things of the world at this time and I did this study with him in mind.  I welcome your input and studies with regard to the Word on this matter...as I think it is a very important topic for those of us who wish we had something on hand to help us witness and testify to how important it is to examine what we are "thinking about".  It is also a reminder for us as Christians to be "mindful" of these things as well.

What Is On Your Mind?

Romans 8:5-7

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Ephesians 2:3, 4:17
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Philippians 3:19
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

Titus 1:15
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

BE RECONCILED AND RENEWED IN MIND

Colossians 1:21
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Hebrews 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Ephesians 4:22-24
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 2:5
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1 Cor. 2:16
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Col. 3:2 (NKJV)
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

In His Love,
Suzanne

• Loved it! 4

38 minutes ago, tsth said:

something on hand to help us witness and testify to how important it is to examine what we are "thinking about". 

I think this site will help you as well. You will really enjoy the content and the author of the content. Your son will benefit from this site as well. I like it! I pray that it blesses you  and your sons life.

coldcasechristianity.com

Blessings :)

Edited by Guest

My son is at a place where he needs testimony from others rather than mom and dad.......I think that is why I posted this study as I am sure there are other young adults who need this testimony from the Word.  Sometimes it's better for mom and dad to pray for someone else to come along as a witness and plant the seeds.

Thank you for your reply, I will be sure to take a look.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Thank you that was a great study, I hope your son realizes the importance of the love of God.
I have been renewing my mind in the word since I was 19. Its definitely helped me.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎9‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:26 AM, tsth said:

As someone who knows many young adults who are seemingly going the way of the world, I wanted to look into the topic of "the mind".  I confess that this study was originally done because I have an older son who is totally focused on the things of the world at this time and I did this study with him in mind.  I welcome your input and studies with regard to the Word on this matter...as I think it is a very important topic for those of us who wish we had something on hand to help us witness and testify to how important it is to examine what we are "thinking about".  It is also a reminder for us as Christians to be "mindful" of these things as well.

What Is On Your Mind

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

In His Love,
Suzanne

Hi tsth, (Suzanne)

Pleased to meet you and comment on this very important topic. Now we know and appreciate what God`s word says, however, the world`s trinkets etc are very appealing to those who are not wary, especially the young as you said.

Now I believe the first step (while continually praying) is for that person to recognise what is happening. People often think that the mind is the control centre of their body and thus go along with every whim. However ask that person, "Do you control your mind or does your mind control you?" You see the mind is like an organ of the body, say a leg etc and actually it is our inner self, our desires that initiate the mind to tell the other members to work It is all done in a flash. 

If a person is a `slave,` to their mind, just doing what it says, then if they think about it they will realise that they are NOT at peace, (as the scripture shows)      However if a person can see that they are to be in control of their mind (and not the other way around) then they can start to address what they use it for.

An honest person will realise that really they are a `slave` then to their desires and finally see they have No peace. Fears, pains, doubts, self condemnation etc are all products of a mind controlled by wrong desires. If  person can be brought to see this then they will search for PEACE of mind, which we know is only found in the Lord.

The Lord knows the way for each person on that journey and He will guide your son to see the futility of fillings one`s mind with worldly chaff.

regards, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1

This is so true Marilyn!  And hopefully my son will come to this realization! 

This is the big mystery though...why do some come to realize when they do, and why do some not?  

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Two dogs. The gold (good) the silver (not so good).

The gold one needs continual feeding in order to withstand the silver.

The silver is constantly fed by all that is around. He stays pretty strong. It is his world after all.

To starve the silver while feeding the gold is the trick.