• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from WaPo:

"As talk spread of North Korea's nuclear weapons capabilities on Tuesday, President Trump responded with a warning.

"'North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,' Trump said at an event at his Bedminster, N.J., golf club. 'They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.' The president then repeated that North Korea 'will be met with the fire and fury and, frankly, power, the likes of which this world has never seen before' if it continued with this behavior.

"Given the high stakes, it was unusually aggressive language from a U.S. president. Stranger still, this language has clear echoes to threats made by North Korea to the United States and its allies...

"The sheer frequency of these threats and insults has long made them easy to dismiss. Trump himself has spoken with relative kindness about Kim ... Now that developments have made clear that North Korea's weapons program is developing and may soon, if not already, pose a threat to the United States, Trump appears to have changed his rhetoric.

"But in doing so, he may have set himself an impossible red line: The president warned of 'fire and fury' not if North Korea carried out another missile test but if it made another threat. And North Korea often makes threats."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/analysis-trump’s-‘fire-and-fury’-statement-echoes-north-korea’s-own-threats/ar-AApJzy1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Whenever Prez Trump has used hyperbole, e.g., "... met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," he is exaggerating. But what happens after Kim calls Trump's hyperbolic bluff?

• Group:  Royal Member

57 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Whenever Prez Trump has used hyperbole, e.g., "... met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," he is exaggerating. But what happens after Kim calls Trump's hyperbolic bluff?

"North Korea said on Wednesday it is 'carefully examining' a plan to strike the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam with missiles, just hours after U.S. President Donald Trump told the North that any threat to the United States would be met with 'fire and fury.'"

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/north-korea-seriously-considering-strike-on-guam-reports-citing-state-media.html

And now the ball is in Trump's court.

Guest shiloh357

Trump is in a no-win situation.   If N Korea gets a nuke off and it hits a US territory or a US State, Trump will get the blame for not acting fast enough.   If Trump prevents an attack on the US, but a lot of people get killed in either N Korea or S Korea, Trump will be condemned by everyone for acting too soon.

No matter what Trump does, anti-Trumpers are prepared to tout any action to be the wrong action, no matter what.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Trump is in a no-win situation.   If N Korea gets a nuke off and it hits a US territory or a US State, Trump will get the blame for not acting fast enough.   If Trump prevents an attack on the US, but a lot of people get killed in either N Korea or S Korea, Trump will be condemned by everyone for acting too soon.

No matter what Trump does, anti-Trumpers are prepared to tout any action to be the wrong action, no matter what.

Sounds to me like the lefties are rooting for N. Korea.  Their loathing of the President seems to outweigh patriotism. 

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Sounds to me like the lefties are rooting for N. Korea.  Their loathing of the President seems to outweigh patriotism. 

The GOP establishment that hates Trump would have had far less of a problem with a Clinton victory than they do with Trump.  They would rather drive the country into off a cliff just to thwart Trump.  It's like a political version of a murder/suicide.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

So trump responding to n Korea's threats like a real president is all the sudden just as bad? Typical liberal mindset-the bully is never at fault, just those who dare stand up to him lol. I mean seriously, is the absurdity of this article not blatantly obvious to everyone who reads it?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

So trump responding to n Korea's threats like a real president is all the sudden just as bad? Typical liberal mindset-the bully is never at fault, just those who dare stand up to him lol. I mean seriously, is the absurdity of this article not blatantly obvious to everyone who reads it?

The problem is that we have two bullies trash talking each other.  I do not find Trump's hyperbolical threats to be all that useful.   I personally prefer the more subtle style of Teddy Roosevelt, Speak softly and carry a big stick.  Everybody knows the capabilities of the US, to include NK.  To get into a trash talking contest with them is not a smart move, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

The problem is that we have two bullies trash talking each other.  I do not find Trump's hyperbolical threats to be all that useful.   I personally prefer the more subtle style of Teddy Roosevelt, Speak softly and carry a big stick.  Everybody knows the capabilities of the US, to include NK.  To get into a trash talking contest with them is not a smart move, in my opinion.

In fact, it plays right into both N. Korea and China's hands, i.e., like Obama, Trump just drew a Red Line that he can't rationally back-up.

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Trump is in a no-win situation...

... he put himself there by playing down to Kim's level.

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

So trump responding to n Korea's threats like a real president is all the sudden just as bad?...

Does Trump think he's really Harry Truman? 

"Mr Trump’s comments carry an eerie echo of those made by President Harry Truman after he told the American public in 1945 that the US had dropped the world’s first atomic bomb on Hiroshima following Japan’s failure to meet a US ultimatum: 'If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth.'"