• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

47 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I am the one bringing evidence of my words.  I dont appreciate your saying that I am saying things the bible does not say.

I havent seen anything here but your opinion. 

I am guided by the Holy Spirit to debunk this liberty that some have taken as a right. I do believe that I posted that scripture earlier in this thread.

I take offence of your implying I am trying to make anyone feel guilty!   

In the first place, I dont have the power to make anyone feel guilty. The Holy Spirit chastens those who he loves which are his children. 

I will not strive with this conversation any longer. It is so unfair the things you have accused me of. It is also unfair to say I am misrepresenting Gods words when I am the one who has done the work to know the difference in various wines and meanings. You bear false witness against me twice! 

If I have born false witness against you, feel free to report that post and a moderator can judge if that is the case. I would contend, that I never said anything about you, that is not evidenced in this thread. If that is the case, what would that make you when you accuse me? If you  want to call me a liar, then do so with me in a private message, not here in the public. One on one, in private, is the Biblical model of how you respond to another when you have a grievance against them. 

My problem, in case you have still not figured out what I am saying about what you are saying, is that you are NOT making a Biblical case against drinking, you are making a Biblical case against drunkenness, etc. which I agree with, but additionally, you imply that one is the equivalent to the other, in essence. Why quote so many passages against drunkenness, when everyone in this thread, already agrees with that. The question was not about getting drunk, it is about whether it is a sin to drink alcohol. If it is, there are a lot of cough syrup users who need to repent!

Also, I am not saying nor implying that you trying to make anyone feel guilty!  I am saying, that when you post things that imply that alcohol is a sin, then that may well be the effect, that some will feel guilty, when they are innocent of wrong doing. That is not right nor loving. I know your heart is in the right place, but that does not mean your actions, however well intended, are as they should be.

It is almost amusing to me, that you "will not strive with this conversation any longer", as I also intended to leave the thread. However, every time I was about to, there you were quoting me, and I felt I should respond to what you had said, as again I am in  this response.

I am sorry that you feel my responses are not fair to you. However, let's see what happens in this thread, if you and I both hold our tongues. The thread has really run it's course anyway. Nothing new is really being said that changes anything from the first page. There seem to be two basic positions.

1. Drinking alcohol is wrong
  2. Alcohol intoxication is wrong

Everyone agrees with position 2, which you and I both hold. Position one, just lacks Biblical support that is compelling. That pretty much sums up the thread, and it should probably be ended. Since I am involved in it, I am not unbiased, maybe I will suggest to a moderator, that they take a look at it, and exercise their judgement.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

OK, I am closing this thread as it is just going in circles now.  What I would like to say is if drinking is a sin to you, don't drink.  If you feel having a drink will cause someone to stumble, as in front of a recovering alcoholic, consider your actions first and do as you are led by God.  If you are feeling ill and take a little wine for your stomach, that is scriptural.  If you have a drink, not to get drunk, enjoy. 

In other words, allow God to direct your actions, not anyone else.

• Loved it! 2