zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

n genesis 35:18 it says her soul was departing.Not she was departing.But in psalms 90:10 it says we fly away.Not "our soul flies away".Sorry if i have posted this before.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

10 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

n genesis 35:18 it says her soul was departing.Not she was departing.But in psalms 90:10 it says we fly away.Not "our soul flies away".Sorry if i have posted this before.

some may view it different than I do. I think you are your soul and you or your soul is in this human body. when one dies the body does not depart this world the soul departs this world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, coheir said:

some may view it different than I do. I think you are your soul and you or your soul is in this human body. when one dies the body does not depart this world the soul departs this world.

Yes, immediately after death the soul goes immediately to heaven if you are a born again Christian or it goes to Hades if you are not a Christian. The body of the born again believer will remain in the grave until it is resurrected at the rapture of the Church. The non believer's body will be resurrected at the end of the 1000 year millennium.

28 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The body dies and the soul departs.  There is no conflict here.

I thought that is what I said I may have got it wrong.

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, immediately after death the soul goes immediately to heaven if you are a born again Christian or it goes to Hades if you are not a Christian. The body of the born again believer will remain in the grave until it is resurrected at the rapture of the Church. The non believer's body will be resurrected at the end of the 1000 year millennium.

Im needing some more info to understand completely.

we have this from 1 Corin 15: 52 about rapture

(and the dead shall be raised incorruptible ); to be incorruptible we must not have a mortal body.

( we shall be changed ) those alive will be changed to incorruptible also no mortal body.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, zorgblar said:

A Need for Consistency

As pointed out in Chapter Four, when Scripture talks about departure of the spirit or soul, we see that the essence of our being stays with the body. Examples given were:

Genesis 35:18 says, "her soul was departing," not "she was departing."

1 Kings 17:21-22 says, "the child's soul came back to him," not "the child came back."

Psalm 146:4 says, "his spirit departs, he returns to the earth." It does not say "he departs, his body returns to the earth."

Luke 8:55 says, "her spirit returned and she awoke," not "she returned and awoke."

Acts 20:10 says, "his soul is still in him," not "he is still in his body."

The above passages are consistent because they mention either the spirit or soul. We should expect all passages about death to follow the same design, yet we do not see this in two favorite proof texts against soul sleep. In Luke 23:43, for example, Jesus does not tell the thief that his soul will be with Jesus. Paul also ignores this pattern because he does not say his soul will be with Christ in Philippians 1:23. These two texts are clearly different from passages that emphasize death.

Instead, Luke 23:43 and Philippians 1:23 resemble Scriptures that emphasize the resurrection. Numerous passages say we will be with Christ when He returns (e.g. John 5:28-29, 6:39-40, 44, 54, 11:24, 1 Corinthians 15:22-23, Colossians 3:4, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17). Why are Luke 23:43 and Philippians 1:23 different from these other texts?

Soul sleep follows a consistent pattern of interpretation. When the passage does not mention spirit or soul, it talks about the whole person. In Luke 23:43, Jesus makes the promise that day about the resurrection; in Philippians 1:23, Paul ignores the time of unconsciousness between death and resurrectionbecause it is irrelevant. These two inconclusive passages should not be overemphasized at the expense of numerous other verses that support soul sleep.

Traditionalists are very subjective and inconsistent when they interpret these passages. If the passage could support conditionalism, they insist it is only talking about the body; if the passage could support continued consciousness, they insist it is talking about the soul outside the body. Since their minds are already made up, God's Word is of no effect (Mark 7:13)

And in case anybody was wondering my info came from this site:http://wordonly.net/CI07.html

12 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The soul departs.  The body does not.  The body remains in the ground, the sea, etc.  No one receives their glorified body until Jesus returns/raptures believers.

that is my understanding missmuffet posted saying; dead mortal bodies resurrect at rapture, I disagree with her statement.

6 minutes ago, coheir said:

that is my understanding missmuffet posted saying; dead mortal bodies resurrect at rapture, I disagree with her statement.

I said that all those bodies in the grave who are born again believers will be resurrected at the rapture of the Church. Those bodies will reunite with their souls which are already in heaven.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I said that all those bodies in the grave who are born again believers will be resurrected at the rapture of the Church. Those bodies will reunite with their souls which are already in heaven.

please read my other post to you.

Just now, coheir said:

please read my other post to you.

It looks to me that you do not believe that the body of the believers in the grave go to heaven to be resurrected with their souls at the rapture of the Church....am I right? :noidea: