IGNORED

Pharaseeism, or Sadduceism...what is the greater threat?

brakelite

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/10/2017 at 2:26 AM, brakelite said:

C S Lewis in his book Screwtape Letters, described the demon's modus operandi with the following;

“’running about with fire extinguishers whenever there is a flood. Get people to crowd to the side of the boat that is already nearly under. When people are lukewarm and apathetic, get them stirred up about the dangers of enthusiasm and emotion. If they are lazy, talk to them about the hypocrisy of the working community. If they are cruel, warn them against the evils of sentimentality..." In other words, let them hear loudly and repeatedly the warnings they don’t need. 

I have been participating in Christian forums for nearly decades, and have found a common theme running through all forums during that time. By far the most popular debates are the ones touching on themes of works based salvation, as opposed to salvation by grace alone, and inherent in these discussions are the multitudinous warnings against 'legalism'. However, when I look around me at todays churches I see evidence, lots of evidence, that the biggest threat to an individuals salvation is not one of seeking to obey and live up to a certain moral standard, but rather the opposite...believing ones salvation is secure despite rampant worldliness, materialism and selfish pleasure seeking.

Men are curruptable none have perfect doctrin or spirits. dont go to men or you church for salvation go to Jesus. we go to church to fellowship with joint heirs in christ

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Men are curruptable none have perfect doctrin or spirits. dont go to men or you church for salvation go to Jesus. we go to church to fellowship with joint heirs in christ

Amen.......well said, sister.  This is how it should be as we grow and mature, relying less and less on men and more on Christ alone and led by Him.......like children that are weaned, or being weaned.  A big problem though is that most are not being built up and fail to grow in the churches nowadays, they are taught to be dependent on pastors rather than learning to depend on the Lord.  Or maybe it's really been that way since the early church, only perhaps worse now because of the falling away.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

34 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.......well said, sister.  This is how it should be as we grow and mature, relying less and less on men and more on Christ alone and led by Him.......like children that are weaned, or being weaned.  A big problem though is that most are not being built up and fail to grow in the churches nowadays, they are taught to be dependent on pastors rather than learning to depend on the Lord.  Or maybe it's really been that way since the early church, only perhaps worse now because of the falling away.

A hearty amen on that sister.   Any man who is a pastor , deacon , bishop ,or any type which guides the church.  Must be well seasoned

in the LORD, must be well grounded in the holy scrips.  And in everything he does or says..........it must POINT to CHRIST alone.  HIS sayings are the pattern

and food for the church.   So many may have knowledge of what rick warren taught or men of this world taught them, big degrees in philosophy or physcology......

yet that is all but the foolish wisdom of this world.   WE NEED CHRIST and HE ALONE , and HE cleanses our mind , the Spirit remolds our mind

as we feast on the sayings of JESUS.  Any man who comes and points to mans wisdom Is no leader , and has no business over teaching any in the church.

that man needs to return to CHRIST and the sayings of HE ALONE and be fed and mature up .  

And worse than this...............most are outright false prophets today.  and worse than that...............is the people love to sit under them and have it so.

We in the greatest falling away I have ever seen and its moving so fast right into the all inclusive all roads lead to GOD interfaith .

We need laborores and true men to remind ,rebuke , to just exhort with pure holy sound doctrine and by HIS SPIRIT , the SPIRIT OF THE LORD,

get the people out of any and all dangers of false doctrines , which many now teach.   ARISE PEOPLES , ARISE and CHRIST shall give thee light.

AWAKE to RIGHTEOUSNESS and sin not.   

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I dont know, Paul told a congregation they should not still be on milk.

Church leadership, gathering, together, corperatly feeding off the word, all have wonderful purposes in Christ. People will fail us, destroy our trust, bring critism on christianity.

The Lord never fails us. When we start thinking we are peoples holy spirit, or instrument of righteousness, fixer of men, or saviours, we quickly become a counterfet and bring judgment onto christianity.

I was heard unrealistic expectations are preplanned resentment we have to be real.

3 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I dont know, Paul told a congregation they should not still be on milk.

Church leadership, gathering, together, corperatly feeding off the word, all have wonderful purposes in Christ. People will fail us, destroy our trust, bring critism on christianity.

The Lord never fails us. When we start thinking we are peoples holy spirit, or instrument of righteousness, fixer of men, or saviours, we quickly become a counterfet and bring judgment onto christianity.

I was heard unrealistic expectations are preplanned resentment we have to be real.

They shouldn't still be on milk.   the problem is most have been spoon fed mans opinions rather than truth.   The church can only be the church

if it was fed the pure milk of the word.   Till then how can we feed the true spiritual meat.   We cant.

I know you know that most the churches are in shamles, but even worse as of late they are now in mindset being gathered

to the mother of all false religions , brining all her daughters home to rome where she will lead them all , along with all other relgiions

right to the all inclusive mindset , which leads the the most dire exclusion against the truth and those who wont conform to the all inclusive mindset .

When society , when churches even have long abadandoned the truth....................it then will more than ever hate any who brings it to mind.

and we  are in that phase .   and that phase will lead to actual LAWS against reminder of the truth and that will lead to even worse as it did with the jews too.

only this time men like me and all else who wont bend the knee to this dung pile hug all , correct none and all are saved whatever their sin or religion.

Me...........I aint selling the truth.   And I I die for it . then so be it.................I just pray my enemies be forgiven.

But may all hear this next statement very clear .    I would rather be dead , tortured , hated of all ,for the love of truth , than to sell

any of it, not even the smallest saying and be included in this world harvest love hug fest , of which I want nothing to do with.

It that makes me seem as a hater.   Then again so be it.    I had rather suffer all out hate and even death against me

YET still I will have the JOy of knowing Him in all times and the peace of mind which only HE gives.    Lord forgive them all, is what I say

But I by his grace , may I die the worst death long before I sell out to an all inclusive , everyway , every sin as lifestyle and love

everyones way as good, mindset for world peace.  

• Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

They shouldn't still be on milk.   the problem is most have been spoon fed mans opinions rather than truth.   The church can only be the church

if it was fed the pure milk of the word.   Till then how can we feed the true spiritual meat.   We cant.

I know you know that most the churches are in shamles, but even worse as of late they are now in mindset being gathered

to the mother of all false religions , brining all her daughters home to rome where she will lead them all , along with all other relgiions

right to the all inclusive mindset , which leads the the most dire exclusion against the truth and those who wont conform to the all inclusive mindset .

When society , when churches even have long abadandoned the truth....................it then will more than ever hate any who brings it to mind.

and we  are in that phase .   and that phase will lead to actual LAWS against reminder of the truth and that will lead to even worse as it did with the jews too.

only this time men like me and all else who wont bend the knee to this dung pile hug all , correct none and all are saved whatever their sin or religion.

Me...........I aint selling the truth.   And I I die for it . then so be it.................I just pray my enemies be forgiven.

But may all hear this next statement very clear .    I would rather be dead , tortured , hated of all ,for the love of truth , than to sell

any of it, not even the smallest saying and be included in this world harvest love hug fest , of which I want nothing to do with.

It that makes me seem as a hater.   Then again so be it.    I had rather suffer all out hate and even death against me

YET still I will have the JOy of knowing Him in all times and the peace of mind which only HE gives.    Lord forgive them all, is what I say

But I by his grace , may I die the worst death long before I sell out to an all inclusive , everyway , every sin as lifestyle and love

everyones way as good, mindset for world peace.  

I know what is righteous, holy, pleasing in the sight of the Lord. I also know what a decietful, cunning, mercyless advisary we have in our flesh. I know and believe my loyalty, my love for Christ is strong. But i also know if i stand in pursecution, affluction or the day of temptaion. I will be standing because the Lord has made me able to stand.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I know what is righteous, holy, pleasing in the sight of the Lord. I also know what a decietful, cunning, mercyless advisary we have in our flesh. I know and believe my loyalty, my love for Christ is strong. But i also know if i stand in pursecution, affluction or the day of temptaion. I will be standing because the Lord has made me able to stand.

And that gets a medal of truth.   ITS ONLY DUE TO THE LORD that any of can stand , can endure , and can overcome .

Man , if I could you would get a huge hug for saying that.     Amen.

• Loved it! 3

We have all been guilty of assuming wrong before.   Often I am misunderstood , due to the boldness I have. most think its me thinking I CAN or I AM

neither of which is true.   Mainly this generation is used to this off guided approach that many men in pulpits have given us.  they have shown

many a mans approach to dealing with others.    Me,  I don't need to think HOW to do, or what to say.

Am I the most skilled orater at giving speeches...............NO

am I the most learned wise man .........................................NO

but I remember something very clear by grace.    I don't have to be.    God made mans tongue as he told moses

and as JESUS said think not what you shall say....................And I don't have to .   GOD WILL GIVE ME WHAT NEEDS to be said

and the way which to say it ALL ON HIS OWN.   My trust is in HIM .  mans approach has caused the church to fall away.

this hug all ,welcome all.....BUT CORRECT NONE......just LOVE Them to JESUS , DID Not work

IF it had the gays would have repented of their sins.............instead being unequally yoked together..........the churches are now just accepting it.

mans way fails.................only GOD , HIS WAY PREVAILS.

and now they doing it all over again.  Hey says the leaders.........lets work right along side with muslims, just do good works

don't focus on winning them to Christ , don't focus on preaching the gospel............just do good works

show them LOVE.....................HOW DID THAT work out with the gays again.   OOOPS............the church fell away

SO many have no idea this is an agenda and that they KNOW you will fall away and come to the mindset of .........well I guess God is in all religoins

they have long been at work in many ways to get us all into a ONE WORLD REGLIION...........and mans pattern , well that fails as  I said.

THEY will get the churches , the religions to all come to that mindset..................many already are who have been doing it.

WELL, not me.....................GOD said be not unequally yoked for a reason.      And now I clearly UNDERSTAND why that is

you fall away if you do.       Satan knows this too.   but his love all hug all , don't correct just do good works , works on the simple minded

who know not the LORD.    My advice IF GOD said something DO it and not what man says , no matter how loving or caring it sounds.

FOR GOD IS WISER than all.  amen.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 14/08/2017 at 6:12 AM, Yowm said:

But if through my lie God's truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.
(Rom 3:7-8)

Martyn Lloyd Jones' unpacking the above in his Commentary on Romans...

"And, my last word of all is, again, a word primarily to preachers–indeed it’s a word to everybody in the sense that if ever you are putting the Gospel to another person, you’ve got a very good test whether you are preaching the Gospel in the right way. What’s that? Well, let me put it like this to you: If your presentation of the Gospel does not expose it to the charge of Antinomianism you are probably not putting it correctly. What do I mean by that? Just this: The Gospel, you see, comes as this free gift of God–irrespective of what man does. Now, the moment you say a thing like that, you are liable to provoke somebody to say, “Well, if that is so it doesn’t matter what I do.”

Though our justification is by grace alone through faith, what seems to be a contradiction but is not, is that we are judged by our works. This truth does not sit well with many, and should be sobering for us all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, brakelite said:

Though our justification is by grace alone through faith, what seems to be a contradiction but is not, is that we are judged by our works. This truth does not sit well with many, and should be sobering for us all.

what judgement are you speaking of?