Belief

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

yes i am struggling, but i dont understand how to believe in Christ, because i have never experienced it.  So HOW do you believe in Christ?  (you could picture describing this to an athiest)..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Every Christian must experience an encounter with Jesus. If they don't it means they are not His yet. As long as you're just trying to accept God with your brain will have no effect in your life because faith doesn't come from knowledge.

My faith came after Jesus introduced Himself spiritually to me asking one simple thing: Follow me! I answered YES. And everything has changed. I don't call it faith anymore because God became real to me.

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Rationalization can be one method.

The LAWS of thermodynamics (not theories, like the theory of evolution, laws) militate against the existence of the universe and all that's in it (right down to the last atomic particle).

Law #2 nothing is eternal. All is winding down dying a heat loss death and goes from order to disorder.

Law #1 conservation (nothing added nothing subtracted). A closed system in which you cannot create something from nothing.

Even the so called god particle has to begin with smashing two atoms that are already here.

The fact that we or anything exists is proof that someone who transcends these LAWS created everything with intelligence (design) and deliberation (purpose).

It's a very simple corner to paint atheists of all varieties into.

They will spout theories and conjectures and they will tear you down this way and point out how unqualified you are that way... but in the end, you've destroyed their pompous world view that there is no God. They may never admit it or face it, but you ruined it for them.

The kinder ones will simply leave (hearing their mommy calling or something).

I never do it to hurt anyone. I generally let people go about their lives the way they choose within reason. But if pressed for an answer for the reason for the hope that is within me, I'll begin with more traditional methods of witnessing. But I use this to confront those who never really were interested in the truth (especially if they are a jerk about it). Or if someone is teetering on the brink of faith and they need a tangible reason to believe in the invisible God. Footprints like these. God's footprints. The Bible is another footprint which, if you study with an open mind, you'll never doubt again.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/10/2017 at 8:17 AM, Tyler22 said:

yes i am struggling, but i dont understand how to believe in Christ, because i have never experienced it.  So HOW do you believe in Christ?  (you could picture describing this to an athiest)..

Nuther note here... don't get bogged down in how to believe IN Jesus.

Just believe him.

The IN part is from old English and / or translation from the Greek language of rote written by Hebrew minded authors (pictorial language).

A lesser example of this sort of thing would be 'unto' verses 'to.' Sometimes added to give thrust to the subject in a statement.