Was it possible for Jesus to sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

No; as the spotless Lamb of God, the Son of God and BEING God, He could not sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

My point warrior is that when looking at the word "possible" it was for Him to sin. But He did not because He is God. He was tempted.

Totally wrong.   It could not be possible, even with temptation, as God cannot sin.  There is no possibility there.  The OP question, is not really a question, but one of imagination of his thoughts.   Jesus knew why he was sent to be the Lamb of God for the perfect sacrifice and often stated that.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, warrior12 said:

Totally wrong.   It could not be possible, even with temptation, as God cannot sin.  There is no possibility there.  The OP question, is not really a question, but one of imagination of his thoughts.   Jesus knew why he was sent to be the Lamb of God for the perfect sacrifice and often stated that.  

Suit yourself.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

How could he be perfect without being tested. If he Could Not sin while in a human body there was no test.

18 minutes ago, coheir said:

How could he be perfect without being tested. If he Could Not sin while in a human body there was no test.

Jesus mentioned many times that he came to do the fathers business and  ultimately the cross where it was all paid.   Jesus knew the power he had to wield, if he wanted to defeat  anything that came against him.

Matthew 26    King James Version (KJV)

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

1 Peter 1   King James Version (KJV)

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Many claim that it was impossible for Christ to be overcome by temptation. Then He could not have been placed in Adam's position; He could not have gained the victory that Adam failed to gain. If we have in any sense a more trying conflict than had Christ, then He would not be able to succor us....

Hebrews 2:18 
 ‭For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.‭ 

...but our Saviour took humanity, with all its liabilities.

Romans 8:3 
 ‭For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:‭ 

He took the nature of man, with the possibility of yielding to temptation. We have nothing to bear which He has not endured.

Another point. Christ laid aside all His divine prerogatives when becoming a man. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us. Therefore Jesus was “in all points tempted like as we are.” Hebrews 4:15. He endured every trial to which we are subject. And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. He says, “I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart.” Psalm 40:8. As He went about doing good, and healing all who were afflicted by Satan, He made plain to men the character of God's law and the nature of His service. His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

absolutely not!!! In order for Jesus to able to sin He would have ceased to be who He was... and that is not possible "I AM that I AM"

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

absolutely not!!! In order for Jesus to able to sin He would have ceased to be who He was... and that is not possible "I AM that I AM"

Absolutely, Steven!  Jesus was fully man and fully God.  And God cannot sin.  He didn't come to prove that though; He came to have all the sin of man put upon Him and to die for them.  We couldn't save ourselves, and God cannot have sin in His presence, so He gave us a way to Him.  How awesome is our God?  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Absolutely, Steven!  Jesus was fully man and fully God.  And God cannot sin.  He didn't come to prove that though; He came to have all the sin of man put upon Him and to die for them.  We couldn't save ourselves, and God cannot have sin in His presence, so He gave us a way to Him.  How awesome is our God?  :)

Fundamentalist :happyhappy: 

9 hours ago, brakelite said:

His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God.

What does this mean, perfection.  All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  Because of the sinful nature that is of the flesh, even though we have been redeemed, we are still have the the elements and the devil to tempt and test us which can be overwhelming at times. There are millions of christians in the world today to testify of this as it is a reality of today.   

Christ did walk on water, which no man could do, he did command the winds to cease which no man could do.  Show me a man that never sinned, only one and that was Christ, because he came to fulfill scripture and be the perfect sacrifice that we know from Bible history.   Christ did not sin, because he was perfect, and there is no, not one other perfect man.