IGNORED

How is the number 666 derived in our English bibles?

Ed J

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Both Hebrew and Greek use their alphabet as numbers: A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. This is called Gematria. However, no where in the word of God, Greek or Hebrew is this done. When God says a number, He says "One, three hundred, ten thousands"... So where did this "666" come from. It's a mistranslation because in the text it's only three Greek letters "χξς" that together mean absolutely nothing. Since they didn't know what it meant, they chose to use gematria. But that isn't what it means. John saw Arabic script.

666 is a myth... it's not in Revelation 13:18. It's an attempt to understand what is not understandable without wisdom. I was once told I couldn't speak of numbers pointing to God on this site (despite a book called Numbers in the word of God) because I was told it was numerology. Well, 666 is in fact numerology. The fact is in the original, "666" or "six hundred three score and six" as so translated is actually just three Greek letters: χξς which isn't a word in Greek and holds no discernible meaning no more than TRG means anything in English, so is treated as a number. Why? Because the Greeks have no number characters, but use their letters as numbers, A=1, B=2, C=3. So does Hebrew. So when the translators came to χξς they didn't how to translate it or what to do with it. So they did gematria (numbers for character values). The problem is that, no where in the scriptures does it do this. Whenever a number is used in the word of God, it spells it out: one, two three, not 1, 2, 3 or A, B, C. This is why mega theories abound what it is, and yet, we've actually seen it on the news. John was told to write what he saw, so he did. But when the scribes came and didn't recognize what John wrote, and since the rest of the book is in Greek, they transcribed it using approximate Greek letters. This also explains a long line in the hand written text of Rev 13:18 that doesn't have an explanation either.

This is the hand written image. The red box are these 3 Greek letters in question:

image015.png

I copied the image above, mirrored the letter Xi (ξ) with the line and rotated it. I then gave it to three people I knew, who are not Christians, but are from Iraq, Bahrain, and Egypt. All three told me the grey image below I rotated and mirrors from the hand written bible, said "Bismillah"which means in English "In the name of Allah". I extracted an Islamic prayer with Bismillah in it, excised it, and put it next to my rotated-mirrored image. Here it is:

Bismillah2[1].png

Did you know that Muslims are awaiting the Beast and for his mark? Yes, they look forward to the mark of the beast. Now you understand why John warned not to change anything about the book he wrote. No other writer warned such a thing - at least not in the plain text of the word of God. 

Ok, so this only explains 2 of the 3 characters. The first letter Chi (χ) is the symbol of Islam - no not the crescent moon, but the crossed swords and the rehals - the stand that is used to hold the qu'ran.  

image025.png

image023.png

image031.png

image049.jpg

Notice the mark on their foreheads...

image051.jpg

It's the Shahada - the prayer that makes you a muslim. 

But as Thayer said about this verse ... "the meaning of which is the basis of much vain speculation."

I think John saw the bismillah and wrote it, but because none knew Arabic of today, they thought it to be the three Greek letters because they closely resembled it. And isn't it amazing that even in the error of men, God still got His message through!

Let he or she who has understanding , understand its not the muslim religion.  

For a bit , I thought fixerupper had changed names.  But regardless, said above abdicate sure brought a lot of confusion , and extra info on how etc

to try and show it as the muslims.     Just read the bible my friends and pray.    while the muslim religion is truly of satan, as are all  other relgions which deny JESUS,

this is not the mark of the beast, nor the number of his name.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Both Hebrew and Greek use their alphabet as numbers: A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. This is called Gematria.

The fact is in the original, "666" or "six hundred three score and six" as so translated is actually just three Greek letters: χξς which isn't a word in Greek and holds no discernible meaning no more than TRG means anything in English, so is treated as a number. Why? Because the Greeks have no number characters, but use their letters as numbers, A=1, B=2, C=3. So does Hebrew. So when the translators came to χξς they didn't how to translate it or what to do with it. So they did gematria (numbers for character values).

Hi Abdicate,

So what you are telling me is this:

When the translators saw these three Greek letters "χξς" they converted letters to numbers and that's called Gematria.                                                   So when we see the number "666" written in our English bibles it was derived from using a numbering system called Gematria.

...is this a correct assessment?

Ed J

Edited by Ed J

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

How do you know that? Maybe it was Hebraic script. In any case, he wrote down what he saw and heard, in Greek.

I don't know what he saw.   John saw Arabic scrip.   I never said this yowm.  the other guy did.

2 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Yes, but John, in my belief, didn't write these three letters in Greek, the scribes changed it to Greek letters because they didn't understand it. This is why John warned not to change anything written in his book, Rev 22:18. Because the scribes changed it caused almost 2000 years of confusion and lots of theories.

Hi Abdicate,

But aren't those three Greek letters  "χξς" also written in the Textus Receptus, the Codex Vaticanus, and the Codex Sinaiticus.

Ed J

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So sorry about that. I must have taken it off your post quoting Abdicate. In any case he responded 'a non response' and so I'll wait for his next response.

No worries yowm.    Just praise the LORD peoples and rejoice in Him.  

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, Abdicate said:

After all, what religion has more blasphemy against the God of Israel than they.

Luciferianism.

I.e. the worship of the Carbon Based Life Form.

Get ready for Transhumanism...

mhp-0799.png

14 hours ago, Base12 said:

Luciferianism.

I.e. the worship of the Carbon Based Life Form.

Get ready for Transhumanism...

mhp-0799.png

And they got that religion.  the religion that makes all gods equal,  yet its all for the purpose of Humanity.  Humanity FIRST , gods second.

HELLO INTERFAITH.  that is the most wicked religion , based from new age and rome to ever be spawned.   it makes all gods equals but one GOD is above them all HUMANITY.

Hi Abdicate,

Although you believe this was not intended:

You say: the number "666", written in our English bibles, was derived from "χξς" using a numbering system called Gematria.

Is this correct?

Ed J

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 8/13/2017 at 3:40 AM, Abdicate said:

I have, if you read my first post. I explained MY idea that the scribes didn't listen to John's warning. You skim when you read, so you're not listening to even realized I've answered all your questions even before you asked them. So when I responded I answered them, I'm telling you to read the first posting.

This is an opinion not actual proof. I read your posts as well and quite honestly you don't have any supporting evidence for you statements. But then again we are entitled to our opinions but be careful that you don't make opinions fact. That is what they did with the opinion of evolution and look where we are today.