Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Tyler22    3

yeah idk anymore so ill ask a few questions.  I'm going to hell so wouldn't the thing that makes most sense suicide so I'm not heaping up extra punishment in hell.  I have ocd and its hard to tell the difference between ocd and the holy spirit.  seeing as how no one can answer this question I need help.  HOW do you believe in Jesus?  like step by step.  I'm tired of Christians bossing me around and stuff and you need to do this or repent.  I don't know what happened in my life.  I DONT HONESTLY REMEMBER DENYING GOD all my life, but that doesn't mean I haven't denied him with my actions.  again these thoughts of reprobation seem real and I really don't care if you disagree, I cant get rid of them.  so its like I'm reprobate but I atleast want to know how I got this way.  I am spiritually dead.  I WISH GOD WOULD JUST TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH ME.  I have no stability on anything.  I'm wishy washy.  its a hell of a life.  there have been times when I thought I had jesus but I went to a mental hospital and that feeling went away.  so if I am going to hell, what should I do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
other one    24,677

Have you had time periods in your life that you can't account for?  Silly sounding question but it is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
missmuffet    28,108
4 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

yeah idk anymore so ill ask a few questions.  I'm going to hell so wouldn't the thing that makes most sense suicide so I'm not heaping up extra punishment in hell.  I have ocd and its hard to tell the difference between ocd and the holy spirit.  seeing as how no one can answer this question I need help.  HOW do you believe in Jesus?  like step by step.  I'm tired of Christians bossing me around and stuff and you need to do this or repent.  I don't know what happened in my life.  I DONT HONESTLY REMEMBER DENYING GOD all my life, but that doesn't mean I haven't denied him with my actions.  again these thoughts of reprobation seem real and I really don't care if you disagree, I cant get rid of them.  so its like I'm reprobate but I atleast want to know how I got this way.  I am spiritually dead.  I WISH GOD WOULD JUST TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH ME.  I have no stability on anything.  I'm wishy washy.  its a hell of a life.  there have been times when I thought I had jesus but I went to a mental hospital and that feeling went away.  so if I am going to hell, what should I do

Tell all of this to Jesus Christ. He is your best friend, your physician and your therapist. Don't waste your time telling us. Go right to the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brakelite    337

When I became a Christian it was in response to 2 questions from a friend. The first was, "do you believe in God.?"  My answer was yes. That was the easy part. I had been brought up and educated in religious environment. The fact of God's existence was never a problem for me, though I had absolutely no evidence or reason for such a firm belief, it just was a product of my upbringing. I had never read a Bible, the family never owned one. But I went to church religiously every sunday, until I left school then I never gave God another serious thought...until that question came up. Like I said, simple answer. If my friend had asked why, I wouldnt have been able to give an answer.

But the next question did have me occupied internally for the next 10 hours or so. I was asked, "Do you think God approves of the way you are living your life?" 

It was much later that night while lying on my bed staring up at the dark ceiling that I finally answered. Not to my friend but to the God who by then I realized was the one prompting the question. I had been alone all afternoon and all evening and that question never left me for a moment. So for the first time in my life I prayed. Not the rote repetitive charade of prayer I was raised on, but genuine sincere heartfelt honest admittance to what I knew was truth. I said..." No. My life would not meet with your approval. Please change it and make it into somethingxyou would approve of." 

That was it. Simple and honest. It was then, immediately after,that I had proof of God's existence. After several hours of running through the whole range of emotions from total joy, to love, to relief, and copious ammounts of weeping and laughing along the way, I knew I was forgiven, and that my future was in His hands. How did I know? Because He visited me that night and has never left me since. That was 40 years ago. I was 24 years old. 

You dont have to take 'steps' to believe. Just give Him your life and let God look after you. There are no set formulas to salvation, but there are conditions. The main condition is a genuine desire for change...a full honest recognition of your need for something better. God will take care of that, and over time you will have no doubts, or regrets.

I woke the next morning a very different person from the one that went to bed te previous evening. You can experience that too. God can be trusted.

  • Loved it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shanee    3,380

Well if you havnt already. You simply believe that Jesus the son of God was sent to die on the cross as our savior for sin.Do this in Prayer. For more clarity read Romans 10:9 and Romans 10:10. Well let me get them for you one second.

Romans 10:9-10King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

 if you have already said or say this prayer with an open heart. Congratulations you are a child of God.(your not going to hell).

 now if you ask me it's very important to read the word of God and keep seeking widom. Some will say you can't back slide but I  disagree. Because I myself back slid big time under very heavy oppression.

hope this helps some.Agape

 

  

  

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tyler22 said:

yeah idk anymore so ill ask a few questions.  I'm going to hell so wouldn't the thing that makes most sense suicide so I'm not heaping up extra punishment in hell.  I have ocd and its hard to tell the difference between ocd and the holy spirit.  seeing as how no one can answer this question I need help.  HOW do you believe in Jesus?  like step by step.  I'm tired of Christians bossing me around and stuff and you need to do this or repent.  I don't know what happened in my life.  I DONT HONESTLY REMEMBER DENYING GOD all my life, but that doesn't mean I haven't denied him with my actions.  again these thoughts of reprobation seem real and I really don't care if you disagree, I cant get rid of them.  so its like I'm reprobate but I atleast want to know how I got this way.  I am spiritually dead.  I WISH GOD WOULD JUST TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH ME.  I have no stability on anything.  I'm wishy washy.  its a hell of a life.  there have been times when I thought I had jesus but I went to a mental hospital and that feeling went away.  so if I am going to hell, what should I do

the Only way to believe in Jesus is to Go back into the Hebrew scriptures and find out who he was before he came to earth?
the Bible ask a Question let see if you can answer it. what are the two names they're referring to in Proverbs 30:4? draw close to God and he will draw close to you. the only way to do that is by reading the bible and dont just stick with one bible cross reference all bibles to see what speaks to you. How often do you really examine the scriptures and test to see if you are in the faith? maybe you feel this way because some religions don't give you the true answers because they are part of Satans false Christianity?

Who has ascended to heaven and come down?
    Who has gathered the wind in his fists?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment?
    Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is his son's name?
    Surely you know!

I have some questions for you if you don't mind?

What is our future king Jesus going to do when he starts ruling as king in his 1000 year reign, what does our future entail?

you say your going to hell I beg to differ, but answer me this when does the bible talk about hell for the first time in the Hebrew scriptures (OT)
 

You heard that God loved the world so much he gave his own only begotten son so that we could live by putting faith in him, but if you don't then Gods going to torture mankind because they didn't love Him? that is not a biblical teaching but makes God not a loving Father but a cruel one. that's why I ask you to show me where it talks about hell in the Hebrew Scriptures vs Greek. if you need help just ask

Edited by Truth is Power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sojourner414    333
3 hours ago, Truth is Power said:

the Only way to believe in Jesus is to Go back into the Hebrew scriptures and find out who he was before he came to earth?
the Bible ask a Question let see if you can answer it. what are the two names they're referring to in Proverbs 30:4? draw close to God and he will draw close to you. the only way to do that is by reading the bible and dont just stick with one bible cross reference all bibles to see what speaks to you. How often do you really examine the scriptures and test to see if you are in the faith? maybe you feel this way because some religions don't give you the true answers because they are part of Satans false Christianity?

Who has ascended to heaven and come down?
    Who has gathered the wind in his fists?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment?
    Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is his son's name?
    Surely you know!

I have some questions for you if you don't mind?

What is our future king Jesus going to do when he starts ruling as king in his 1000 year reign, what does our future entail?

you say your going to hell I beg to differ, but answer me this when does the bible talk about hell for the first time in the Hebrew scriptures (OT)
 

You heard that God loved the world so much he gave his own only begotten son so that we could live by putting faith in him, but if you don't then Gods going to torture mankind because they didn't love Him? that is not a biblical teaching but makes God not a loving Father but a cruel one. that's why I ask you to show me where it talks about hell in the Hebrew Scriptures vs Greek. if you need help just ask

No, God doesn't torture mankind in hell; but God is also just and righteous and if we reject the only salvation offered, there is nowhere else for us to go but hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

No, God doesn't torture mankind in hell; but God is also just and righteous and if we reject the only salvation offered, there is nowhere else for us to go but hell.

So you don't believe people will burn in hell then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sojourner414    333
7 minutes ago, Truth is Power said:

So you don't believe people will burn in hell then?

I believe people will burn in hell; but it is not God who "tortures" them. They put themselves there by rejecting Him and His precious gift, which means it's not God doing it to them.

So, let's see what else you seek to twist around. So far: anything I have said and Scripture seem to be on your agenda for misrepresenting. That and this underlying desire of yours to see people hurt and burn in hell. Shouldn't someone named "Truth in Power" be concerned with preventing that instead of being so ready to consign folks to damnation?

Your move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

give me scriptures in the OT about Hell? and then when you say God doesn't torture people in hell but you say God is the creator of this place and he can't wait to take vengeance so as to speak throw them in his torture chamber o please, I'm calling as it is,you just don't want to label it as that because you know it's wrong. That's a false doctrine that's why I say give the scripture if you can in the Hebrews scriptures where it talks about hell? Anyone that claims God is LOVE knows thats this burning of people is a false doctrine and i can prove it Give me the scripture in the OT.

when Jesus died he went to hell because that's, where people go when they die, Jesus, was no sinner but he was there for 3 days Acts 2:31

31 David, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of Christ that ‘His soul was not left in hell, neither did His flesh see corruption.’ 

The Greek scriptures are not the first time it talks about hell there are many probably in the upper twenty's of scriptures on this subject, please just give the scripture please, that's if you can? in the OT where are the precepts on Hell????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×