• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

8 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

I alredy told you that it's not parable , in parables people have no names and you would notice it if you open your bible from time to time , also don't reply to me you are blind to the truth because you don't like it . I'm not going to cast my pearls to swine.

Don't do this ... this is considered a personal attack.  This is reasons why people get banned from "threads".  We don't ban people from the forums too often, but we will remove their ability to discuss something on a particular subject when they are no longer discussing it. :)  Thanks!  Remember, we grow not by whom we "AGREE" with -- but rather from those we "DISAGREE" with.  Why?  It sharpens our own swords, and helps us refine our own positions.  Remember we're about sharpening one another.  When you can't do that -- you simply get removed from talking about it. :)

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus Christ himself would be banned in this forum for saying that in Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I gave him the truth , he is blind because he didn't even bother reading what i said so i'm not gonna bother explaining it to him further . If you don't like it then too bad , i stay with Jesus .

Edited by Amazing Horse

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Explain Enoch.

If Enoch made it to heaven by his good life , then why would Jesus have to come ?

If Enoch was sinless , and we know that there is only one sinless , then Jesus is not God and you believe in vain.

In Hebrews 11:5 we read that Enoch was translated , not raptured , different word.

translated -g3346   

μετατίθημι metatithēmi

when anybody in NT is raptured to heaven , the word here is used

harpazō - g726

So Enoch was raptured in different way .

Edited by Amazing Horse

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Jesus' statement was to no one personally. This Forum applauds speaking the truth but asks that you do it without the personal attacks. It really isn't that hard.

Really did Jesus statement was to not hurt anybody or do you simply believe that ? What about Matthew 23:13

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Maybe insteed of trying to argue with me , use some bible verses and help somebody , you can't change the past what happend did happend .

Edited by Amazing Horse

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

6 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

Jesus Christ himself would be banned in this forum for saying that in Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I gave him the truth , he is blind because he didn't even bother reading what i said so i'm not gonna bother explaining it to him further . If you don't like it then too bad , i stay with Jesus .

Seriously?  Nobody is telling you to abandon Jesus -- but Jesus spoke full of GRACE AND TRUTH!  I don't see the grace ... we simply encourage people to check spiritual pride at the door and discuss things full of humility and grace.   And we don't ban people too easily. :)  Probably happens once a month.  

But we have simple rules -- not too difficult.  And when you signed up to have conversations on WCF ... this is a term of service you AGREED TO in order to participate here.

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

When you say to someone who clearly reads their Bible -- "if you open your bible from time to time, also don't reply to me you are blind to the truth because you don't like it"

You are implying they aren't reading their Bible and is a personal attack calling someone 'blind to the truth'.  

Do you want to be a servant of the Lord?  These are the Bible's instructions.

2Ti 2:24  And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 
2Ti 2:25  correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 
2Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. 

So, it's your call -- you can take it or leave it.  But I assure you, your current course will not be tolerated for very long. 

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

"On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM,

shiloh357 said:

Jesus did not go to hell.  The prophecy Peter quoted refers to Jesus being in the grave.   Jesus did not go to Hell where sinners go."[/quote]

Jesus actually descended into Hell while His body was in the tomb. This is the truth. In Matt. 12:40; Eph. 4:7-11, we read that Christ went "in the heart of the Earth" and into the lower parts of the Earth" during the time His body was in the tomb. This is what David by the Holy Spirit meant in Ps. 16:10; Acts 2:25-27, "For thou wilt not leave my soul in Hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption" in the grave.

During this time in Hell, Christ preached to the spirits in PRISON (1 Peter 3:19).

1 Peter 3:19, By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison; By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Again, he was speaking to a group in general, not to an individual. No personal attack there. I can't give you a bible verse because I don't know of any where Jesus attacked someone personally. 

Yea he was speaking to group of phariasies in front of thier face , would you think that he spoke "you hypocrites " to trees or something? How many verses do you need to  admit that you were wrong , im long suffering give me a number.

Edited by Amazing Horse

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Again, he was speaking to a group in general, not to an individual. No personal attack there. I can't give you a bible verse because I don't know of any where Jesus attacked someone personally. 

What about throwing tables  because they were trading in his house (temple) , do you think that he had with them polite conversation or just rebuked them and throw them out of temple ?

Matthew 21:12

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Edited by Amazing Horse

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Like I said, He spoke to the group not an individual person. It would be like me saying, "theological liberals are a bunch of snakes in the grass"...it is not directed at anyone personally. If I said, 'AH is a snake in the grass' then that would be a personal attack.

What about when Peter was talking to Jesus in Matthew 16:22-23

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men

O wow looks like Jesus said something to Peter and did personal attack , even called him Satan oh my God ! let's ban Jesus from this forum .

Edited by Amazing Horse

9 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

In Greek, metatithémi  means "transfer", not "translated" (Strongs 3346a ). The word comes from the root meta, which means "from", and tithemi, which means "taken".

Not to mention you forgot the other account of Enoch's departure:

"Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him." (Genesis 5:24, NASB, emphasis mine)

Now to your first comment: it was not that Enoch's deeds earned His salvation, but that in walking with God, He trusted the Lord in all things, including his salvation. So, if you have a problem with that, then what does Scripture say in Genesis 5:24?

The word for "took" used here is the Hebrew word la·kach,  which means "to take" (Strongs "laqach", 3947).

So if Hebrews 11:5 were simply "translate", then it would be in conflict with Genesis 5:24. And we know Scripture cannot be broken.

Yes but we know that if God could redeem us in any other way than by death of Christ , he would do it , because Jesus prayerd to God in garden Matthew 26:39

So based on this we must assume that Enoch could not go to heaven , because this would mean that there was other way and that Jesus was not God .

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Also that word la-kach H3947 is used in other verse where God took Adam and put him into garden , he did not redeem him because God alredy has to create perfect , he can't create vain , so he just simply moved Adam from one place to another , just as he did with Enoch ( Genesis 2:15) , this word is also used in Genesis 2:21 when God took away rib from Adam , i don't assume that Adam's rib must have been raptured to heaven or something but simply removed .

Edited by Amazing Horse