IGNORED

According to the word of God, there will be no Rapture!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, Montana Marv said:

You need to read John 14: 2-4 -- In my Fathers house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.  

Here we see that Jesus is going to take us up into Heaven which is the dwelling place of the Father.  For this is where Jesus is now.

Rapture is not in the Bible, but Harpozo is, which is translated as Rapture.

In Christ

Montana Marv

The word itself has nothing to do with timing. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, Davida said:

Only according to you're personal view--- not the Bible.  The Bible stays clear ,constant & True-- tho' men's understanding differs.

He's not saying there isn't a gathering of believers to Jesus, he's saying the myth of the 'rapture', the pretrib lie, is just that, a myth.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Funny, that's exactly what pre-trib believers think about mid- or post trib...just sayin.

your correct it is why i dont have a rapture doctrin to defend or present. I do believe the Lord is coming quickly, i do believe we rise and meet him in the air and us that remain are quickly changed. But i can't say if its a seperate return to earth or our comfort of eternal life if we are slaughtered for our faith and our testimony. i know absent from the body is present with the Lord. Never been able to eliminate the promises are not for our comfort when we loose brothers and sisters or face death ourself. 

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

First off we have to understand where the word “rapture” comes from. It from the Latin (raptus: meaning carried away) translation of the Greek word harpazo meaning to catch away; take by force; snatch away; to seize. The idea behind it is a friend is about to cross the road and you pull them back by the hair to keep from being hit by a speeding bus: that’s harpazo. This word is used 17 times in 13 verses of the King James Bible. In the case of Philip, that’s what happened in Acts 8:39 “… the Spirit of the Lord caught away [harpazo] Philip…”. While the English word “rapture” doesn’t appear in the Scriptures, it is clear it occurs throughout.

From my blog...http://abdicate.net/blog/?p=95

Raptures in Scripture

Posted on April 6, 2012 by abdicate

Enoch

Genesis 5:24  “And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.”

Jude 1:14-15  “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Hebrews 11:5-6  “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

Moses?

Deuteronomy 34:5-6  “So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.”

Elijah

2 Kings 2:9-13  “And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;”

Jesus

Acts 1:7-9  “And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.”

Ephesians 4:8-10 “Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)”

Paul’s Friend (temp)

2 Corinthians 12:2-4  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Philip (temp)

Acts 8:39  And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

John (temp)

Revelation 4:1  After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Rapture of the Faithful Church

1 Thessalonians 5:2-5 “For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.”

Matthew 23:33  “Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?”

Luke 21:36  “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”

Two Witnesses

Revelation 11:3-12  “And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.”

Gather of the Faithful –
those that were not counted worthy before but are now (Luke 21:36)

Matthew 24:29-31  “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

Mark 13:24-27  “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.”

When & Who

Hard to say, but we are not meant for wrath being under the Blood of Jesus. How can God’s punishment of the world fall on us? If we are the promised Bride of Christ and the body of Christ, then how is it we would be pummeled on the Earth, die, and then have the wedding feast in Heaven?

Ephesians 5:25-30  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

John 14:1-4  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Isaiah 26:19-21  Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

1 John 3:1-3  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Zephaniah 2:3  Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD’S anger.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Psalms 27:5-6  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

All of Ruth

Naomi is Israel, Ruth is the Church, Boaz is the Lord. Naomi returns to the Land of Israel, Ruth follows, and marries Ruth’s kindred, just like we will when Jesus returns.

Before war

Ambassador’s are recalled before war.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus said with his own mouth (St. John 3:13) " And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

Those are all great scriptures and verses with different meaning, but Jesus the son of God came in the flesh and let those that read his word know that no man hath acended up to heaven. Another thing that you must understand is that the Bible speak of three heavens...the earth as the first heaven, the stars and moon, sun, as the second Heaven, and the third Heaven, is where the Lord is, Jesus and the Father and angles.

On 8/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, wingnut- said:

The word rapture comes from the Latin word rapturo, which is translated from the Greek word harpazo.  The English translation of this is gathering/ catching away, which you will find appears numerous times in scripture, always in conjunction with His coming.

God bless

To my understanding it makes more since to uses words that are written in the Bible, then other words that are not, specially when people hope is involve. People are miss understanding the word of God because gathering his, elec is not talking being rapture.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, Davida said:

Only according to you're personal view--- not the Bible.  The Bible stays clear ,constant & True-- tho' men's understanding differs.

I don't have a personal view in this word of God, most of what I understand is clean cut. Like there will be no rapture. Jesus is the God, who took sweet counsel with God, and spoke unto man all of what God wanted man to know and do. Jesus is the God who inspired the writings of the Prophets in the Old Testament. And Jesus said through the prophet Amos, (Amos 3:7)" Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Nowhere in the Old Testament from Genesis to Malachi will you find reference to Rapture. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

13 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus said with his own mouth (St. John 3:13) " And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

Those are all great scriptures and verses with different meaning, but Jesus the son of God came in the flesh and let those that read his word know that no man hath acended up to heaven. Another thing that you must understand is that the Bible speak of three heavens...the earth as the first heaven, the stars and moon, sun, as the second Heaven, and the third Heaven, is where the Lord is, Jesus and the Father and angles.

Revelations 6:9-10

When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

the verses above are talking about people in heaven under the altar. Right after this, they are all given white robes. If nobody is ever going to the place of God the Father and Jesus in Heaven, then how do you explain the verses above? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/12/2017 at 8:10 AM, Rick_Parker said:

Bro. Tan - you are teaching a false interpretation of Scripture.

Yes, and I am so glad that we have the discernment to call attention to that.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:10 AM, Rick_Parker said:

Bro. Tan - you are teaching a false interpretation of Scripture.

I very strongly disagree, trust in all the word of God that I post and reread it over and over, and you will see. Most important pray to the Lord for understanding. 

There are many who disagree with our Lord. False teaching is false teaching. I will call attention to it no matter how many time you think that you are teaching truth when you are teaching a lie. May the Holy Spirit lead you into Truth!! Otherwise, people should disregard un-Scriptural teaching.