• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

23 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Man, don't I know what you mean. My problem is not the PC being old, just the typist/composer. And while I'm typing, the little #@#**#* pop up reminder is informing me to hurry up, as there's already twelve more post's since I started typing...........:(

I dont like looooong post. put in word then copy;paste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

8 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Man, don't I know what you mean. My problem is not the PC being old, just the typist/composer. And while I'm typing, the little #@#**#* pop up reminder is informing me to hurry up, as there's already twelve more post's since I started typing...........:(

I apologize Gary. I got angry and I sinned. Please forgive me. 

(but I do have a new PC that seems to have died. I'm trying to fix it but when I was school computer engineering didn't even exist yet. I'm not even sure what the BIOS is. {I think it's a local bus} :unsure:) LOL But I am trying to fix it.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, JTC said:

(but I do have a new PC that seems to have died. I'm trying to fix it but when I was school computer engineering didn't even exist yet. I'm not even sure what the BIOS is. {I think it's a local bus} :unsure:) LOL But I am trying to fix it.

Bios is your boot files stored on a seperate little memory and run by a battery some systems. you might need a new battery. it looks like a little watch battery. you can usually accsess your bios files by holding done f8 (you can look up the commands for your computer) while booting. Try a boot in safe mode f5 it will load with out drives so you can trouble shoot from there what is interfering with boot by loading one file at a time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 8/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, other one said:

as I have said in other threads, if you read Michael Hiser's books on the subject you will see why the Bible tends to show flat earth.  For people reading these posts from you only need to do a search on Michael and flat earth and there are books and video's explaining it.  You are going to kill everyone's trust in the Bible and those other books by pushing your flat earth thing...  you have to understand the context of it within the cosmology of the time it was written in to understand.....    and I'm not going to write a book here that no one is going to read including yourself.

It means little, but I just wanted chime in on your above comment and insight, and a couple of my own thoughts. 

One of many proofs that we are living in the end of the end-times is, we can easily see the ways and means of how Biblical end-time prophecy is coming about through an increase in knowledge and technology. In other words, the sealed words and Book of Daniel have been opened for those with discernment of the times and age we live. 

Being a Berean and checking out what someone says, claims or proposes, I compare to scripture and see if it is so. There are a number of modern day scholars whom I trust and are faithful to the Word of God, that's the most important criteria in my opinion. Based on lots of study and research, I'm of the opinion Dr. Michael S. Heiser (www.drmsh.com) and Dr. Chuck Missler (www.khouse.org) have been blessed with unusual insight and discernment of the times we live and prophetic and Biblical interpretation. It's refreshing that they both go to lengths for the average layman such as myself, to understand complex theology and prophecy.

I can't help but to throw in one of Chuck Missler's memorable quips that sticks in my mind. To paraphrase, God has a yearning, imagine that, God yearns for something? God yearns for His children to "completely trust in Him" in everything. That's how much He is concerned for us and loves us and and the great cost He paid for us, and His plan to redeem us!

One other insight I gleaned from both of them, is how similar the traditional historic Jewish wedding is to the Rapture through the Second Coming of Christ, it's amazing the similarities! 

Another rant from an old man...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, JTC said:
12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hello JTC. There was absolutely no reason for any apology to me. If anything I should apologize to you for misunderstanding your problem with your computer. I actually chuckled with your (perceived) dilemma. I often reply to a post and by the time I actually post it, it's already been answered several times. Or, I type up, one finger at a time,  a well thought out, researched reply, only to lose it when I mistakenly push the  "new page" button instead of the "preview" button, which clears all my research. Aurrgg.................(the new page button ought to have a warning, or at least color it in bold red). I just gotta remember, old age ain't for sissies.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

17 hours ago, 1to3 said:

For those claiming the book of Enoch does not present a flat earth, why are  scholars of the book of Enoch who quote the book of Enoch with referrals to a flat earth?

You can even google the heading for a video with the following title:

Flat Earth | The Book Of Enoch (Full Videobook)

where the narrator is reading from the book and keep presenting a flat earth.

So, it looks like some people see what they want to see when they read stuff.

I know many people who read the bible don't see the Holy Trinity of the Father , Son, Holy Spirit , yet it is indicated in so many places in so many ways. At least I can see it.

So,  it is the same for me with the flat earth theory, I know I am not the only one to see it in the bible and the book of 1 Enoch,

and accusing people of being backwards and with malevolence.

There are people who have taken the trouble to write and make videos about it.

I don't think these people are out to cause trouble, I think they truly see what they are reading  in the way they see it presented.

And if you read their views, they certainly don't come across as backwards.

I do not think its fair to judge a person to be backwards just because they are questioning something and see something in a certain way and are pointing it out.

Peace in Christ Jesus,

no malice intended

1to3

YOU read into my post what YOU wanted it to say.  I said the flat earth theory makes Christians look backwards, and it does, to people outside...I didn't say one word about any of the 'experts' that support the theory.  I said that the theory is intended to sow confusion and discord among believers.  And it is.  Please read it again so that you can understand it.  And while you're doing that please give your thoughts on the following from biblescienceforum.com:

It is He that sits upon the circle [חוּג khûg] of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretches out the heavens as a curtain, and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in: (emphases added) (KJVER)

The Hebrew word khûg is translated ‘circle’ having the meaning of the great circles on the globe or a sphere. This then describes a spherical earth in space and the starry heavens created all around it. The words translated ‘stretches’ and ‘spreads’ imply nothing more than God setting the stars up in the sky like one puts up a tent. Isaiah 40:22 is an accurate description of our spherical globe. It was created for its inhabitants, who, to God looking down from outer space, seem to be like grasshoppers, because we are so small in comparison to the planet. It is travelling in space amidst the stars, which God created all around. There is no mythology there.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

On 8/13/2017 at 2:31 PM, MorningGlory said:

The flat earth thing is NOT Biblical.  I posted the meaning of thee original words in Scripture which mean 'sphere' in archaic languages.  It was ignored by the flat earth theorists.  All of the photos and narratives by scientists and astronauts are ignored.  I can only surmise that this is an unholy attempt by satan to confuse and sow discord even if the proponents don't realize it.  And it makes Christians look backwards and ignorant. I cannot find 'flat earth' in the Book of Enoch either.

Jesus was right.......the children of the world are sometimes wiser in their generation than the children of light........don't know what it is about Christianity that makes us check our common sense at the door sometimes, maybe it has to do with weak faith that is easily threatened, I'm not sure.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

On 8/13/2017 at 2:19 PM, Zoltan777 said:

Okay, firstly I am sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean it. 

Secondly, I have read through your previous comment. It was hard though. Write a bit less my eyes were skipping.

Thirdly, you can believe that the earth is flat or globe or deltoid or whatever. It doesn't make you better person anyway. So I am not judging you.

BUT...Previously as I mentioned book of Enoch is not about our solar system but he went behind the screen in the spiritual realm and wrote down his experience how the heavenly bodies are working that moves everything around in their season as it is seen on the earth when you look up to the sky. He had no any geological or astronomical knowledge about the form of the earth or the celestial bodies or the solar system but purely he used his common sense when he tried to describe what he's seen. People of old age had a very simple language and they said things as it was. Like there is no such word in the original bible like Heaven they called it sky. Or angels, they called it messenger. Or cherubim, they called it cabbage (because they look like a cabbage) and so on. Behind any biblical terms in your english bible you will find a simple word in the original scripture.  They always used common sense when they try to describe something. Like when they looked up to the sky and saw the sun moving. So they wrote down the sun is moving. But it doesn't mean it is like that and doesn't matter if it's not like that. The point is not what orbits around what. Enoch was trying to describe with his own words that behind everything you see on earth there are angels and spiritual creatures working in order in the same way as the natural world moves. In the same way, when he said I went to the end of the earth (spiritually) he went to the point where was nothing else to see. But it doesn't mean that was at the edge or the flat earth.

We grew up with the knowledge but people back then had no much information about the solar system so they simple described what they saw.

Hopefully the flat earth mystery in the Bible is solved now.

I agree......bible is a spiritual book teaching and witnessing to spiritual truths, it is not a science book, or a history book for that matter.....though it does not lie about anything because it is inspired by God.  We just need His Help to understand what it all means.  I assume a book written by the man Enoch who walked with God and was translated to heaven is also a spiritual book, rich in parables and metaphor.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Jesus was right.......the children of the world are sometimes wiser in their generation than the children of light........don't know what it is about Christianity that makes us check our common sense at the door sometimes, maybe it has to do with weak faith that is easily threatened, I'm not sure.

I think it's related to false  teachings of evil spirits when people try to be very philosophical.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 8/13/2017 at 0:37 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Author:  E. Swedenborg (1688-1772).

Swedenborg was the heretic, mystic whose visions were adopted by Joseph Smith to create the Mormon doctrine of people going to different heavens and the men who obey the laws in the doctrine of covenants will go to the 3rd heaven and become gods, fathering spirit children to populate their own planet.   

Swedenborg was a spiritist.  Wikipedia states:

"One of Swedenborg's lesser-known works presents a startling claim: that the Last Judgment had begun in the previous year (1757) and was completed by the end of that year[47] and that he had witnessed it.[48] According to The Heavenly Doctrine, the Last Judgment took place not in the physical world but in the World of Spirits, halfway between heaven and hell, through which all pass on their way to heaven or hell.[49] The Judgment took place because the Christian church had lost its charity and faith, resulting in a loss of spiritual free will that threatened the equilibrium between heaven and hell in everyone's life.[50][a]

The Heavenly Doctrine also teaches that the Last Judgement was followed by the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which occurred not by Christ in person but by a revelation from him through the inner, spiritual sense of the Word[51] through Swedenborg.[52]

In Earths in the Universe, it is stated that he conversed with spirits from Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Venus and the Moon as well as spirits from planets beyond the solar system.[56] From the 'encounters', he concluded that the planets of our solar system are inhabited and that such an enormous undertaking as the universe could not have been created for just one race on a planet or one 'Heaven' derived from its properties per planet. Many Heavenly societies were also needed to increase the perfection of the angelic Heavens and Heaven to fill in deficiencies and gaps in other societies. He argued: "What would this be to God, Who is infinite, and to whom a thousand or tens of thousands of planets, and all of them full of inhabitants, would be scarcely anything!"[57] "

People who believe his later "religious" writings are definitely deceived.  

2Ti 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,  2Ti 3:13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

• Thanks 1