• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

Swedenborg was the heretic, mystic whose visions were adopted by Joseph Smith to create the Mormon doctrine of people going to different heavens and the men who obey the laws in the doctrine of covenants will go to the 3rd heaven and become gods, fathering spirit children to populate their own planet.   

Swedenborg was a spiritist.  Wikipedia states:

"One of Swedenborg's lesser-known works presents a startling claim: that the Last Judgment had begun in the previous year (1757) and was completed by the end of that year[47] and that he had witnessed it.[48] According to The Heavenly Doctrine, the Last Judgment took place not in the physical world but in the World of Spirits, halfway between heaven and hell, through which all pass on their way to heaven or hell.[49] The Judgment took place because the Christian church had lost its charity and faith, resulting in a loss of spiritual free will that threatened the equilibrium between heaven and hell in everyone's life.[50][a]

The Heavenly Doctrine also teaches that the Last Judgement was followed by the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which occurred not by Christ in person but by a revelation from him through the inner, spiritual sense of the Word[51] through Swedenborg.[52]

In Earths in the Universe, it is stated that he conversed with spirits from Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Venus and the Moon as well as spirits from planets beyond the solar system.[56] From the 'encounters', he concluded that the planets of our solar system are inhabited and that such an enormous undertaking as the universe could not have been created for just one race on a planet or one 'Heaven' derived from its properties per planet. Many Heavenly societies were also needed to increase the perfection of the angelic Heavens and Heaven to fill in deficiencies and gaps in other societies. He argued: "What would this be to God, Who is infinite, and to whom a thousand or tens of thousands of planets, and all of them full of inhabitants, would be scarcely anything!"[57] "

People who believe his later "religious" writings are definitely deceived.  

2Ti 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,  2Ti 3:13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

It appears I didn't do my due diligence on the background of my source.  Regardless of his background, I only quoted what was in the Bible concerning what Zechariah wrote.  I trust your source here as being unbiased.  Nevertheless, I will check my many conservative commentaries for an explanation instead of taking something from a Google quote [it was actually DuckDuckGo quote I used].  While everything you quoted here may be true, it is not wise to use Wikipedia as a source, imho.  This is not to toss daggers at you, for I am guilty of the same thing on occasion.  Be patient with me until I come back to you confirming your understanding, or providing a counterpoint to it.  I am a bit under the weather.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Zoltan777 said:

I think it's related to false  teachings of evil spirits when people try to be very philosophical.

1 hour ago, Zoltan777 said:

I think it's related to false  teachings of evil spirits when people try to be very philosophical.

Amen, that's true too, for sure.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen, that's true too, for sure.

it sure is .  and it comes from the wisdom of mens minds, the wisdom of this world, and, well that is utter foolishness with God.

If any man want to become wise .............let him become a fool to this world , its wisdom .    GLORY GLORY GLORY to the LORD .........

soon our kind will be hunted for not conforming to the foolish wisdom of interfaith which stems from the pits of hell itself, of utter darkness and

upmost evil this interfaith is.   I have no plans to confom to any part of this all inclusive dung pile mindset .     I only pray others will do the same.

Forgive your enemies , but never conform to the dung minds of worldy men.  And always remember were it not for grace , wisdom in Christ we would be decieved

ourselves.   GLORY GLORY GLORY TO THE LORD , For HE ALONE IS LORD. and all other religions are of satan. 

58 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

it sure is .  and it comes from the wisdom of mens minds, the wisdom of this world, and, well that is utter foolishness with God.

If any man want to become wise .............let him become a fool to this world , its wisdom .    GLORY GLORY GLORY to the LORD .........

soon our kind will be hunted for not conforming to the foolish wisdom of interfaith which stems from the pits of hell itself, of utter darkness and

upmost evil this interfaith is.   I have no plans to confom to any part of this all inclusive dung pile mindset .     I only pray others will do the same.

Forgive your enemies , but never conform to the dung minds of worldy men.  And always remember were it not for grace , wisdom in Christ we would be decieved

ourselves.   GLORY GLORY GLORY TO THE LORD , For HE ALONE IS LORD. and all other religions are of satan. 

Amen frienduff.......interfaith is foolishness as well as rebellion and self-righteousness all rolled into one.  As though man thinks he is more righteous than God, who says there is only one Way to the Father.  There is none righteous, no not one..........there is none wise either, except what GOD gives us of His wisdom to whoever would come to Him and receive.  The way that seemeth right to the wisdom of flesh leads to death.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen frienduff.......interfaith is foolishness as well as rebellion and self-righteousness all rolled into one.  As though man thinks he is more righteous than God, who says there is only one Way to the Father.  There is none righteous, no not one..........there is none wise either, except what GOD gives us of His wisdom to whoever would come to Him and receive.  The way that seemeth right to the wisdom of flesh leads to death.

Amen. that wisdom is death and leads to the second death, lest one repent and come to Christ and a new heart and new wisdom is given.

Er one within the sound , or sight of these letters...............PRAISE THE LORD , FOR HE ALONE IS LORD and ONLY CHRIST can save a soul from death.

Allah cant save none, budda cant save none, muhammed cant save none , not even themselves..................ONLY JESUS saves amen.

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Amen. that wisdom is death and leads to the second death, lest one repent and come to Christ and a new heart and new wisdom is given.

Er one within the sound , or sight of these letters...............PRAISE THE LORD , FOR HE ALONE IS LORD and ONLY CHRIST can save a soul from death.

Allah cant save none, budda cant save none, muhammed cant save none , not even themselves..................ONLY JESUS saves amen.

Praise the Lord, amen.  Thank you Father, for your Son!

I love and give thanks to God for His insight:  "that wisdom is death and leads to the second death".

• Loved it! 1

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/12/2017 at 3:05 PM, Zoltan777 said:

I have never read this book but I'm interested what others think of. Especially interesting that it's quoted in Jude 1.14-15. 

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

It looks like back in the days his book was regarded as a prophecy inspired by God. So why is it not part of the Bible then?

I was watching a youtube video about the book and thought it was somewhat interesting and that I might want to do more research. But then the guy got into this crazy "flat earth - becuase the earth is 'special'" nonsense. I wanted to comment but, alas, as with all unsupportable videos, comments were disabled. 

Enoch is an ancient book, no doubt. It may even have some truth in it, just as there is some truth in a Stephen King novel. But there is no reason to think it should be canonical. You can get a feel for the current culture by reading a Stephen King novel. Same can be said for this book. But don't take it to seriously regarding any doctrine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

26 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I was watching a youtube video about the book and thought it was somewhat interesting and that I might want to do more research. But then the guy got into this crazy "flat earth - becuase the earth is 'special'" nonsense. I wanted to comment but, alas, as with all unsupportable videos, comments were disabled. 

Enoch is an ancient book, no doubt. It may even have some truth in it, just as there is some truth in a Stephen King novel. But there is no reason to think it should be canonical. You can get a feel for the current culture by reading a Stephen King novel. Same can be said for this book. But don't take it to seriously regarding any doctrine.

if you are going to judge the book on the flat earth theory, you should have serious problems with the Bible since serious Hebrew and Greek scholars will tell you if you take the bible at face value it also supports the flat earth theory...…      but we all know that isn't the case but it was the case back when both Enoch and much of the Bible was written and it was words and phrases that the people of that time would understand is why it sounds that way.     Enoch nor the Bible is some kind of a science book so we should not look at it in that frame of thought....     there are several people here who will show you that the earth is flat right out of the Bible....   Dr. Michael Hiser will explain and tell you why it is that way if you are interested.

I might add that it keeps family members of mine from being believers.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, other one said:

if you are going to judge the book on the flat earth theory, you should have serious problems with the Bible since serious Hebrew and Greek scholars will tell you if you take the bible at face value it also supports the flat earth theory...…      but we all know that isn't the case but it was the case back when both Enoch and much of the Bible was written and it was words and phrases that the people of that time would understand is why it sounds that way.     Enoch nor the Bible is some kind of a science book so we should not look at it in that frame of thought....     there are several people here who will show you that the earth is flat right out of the Bible....   Dr. Michael Hiser will explain and tell you why it is that way if you are interested.

I might add that it keeps family members of mine from being believers.

My issue, really, was with the guy doing the video. It was supposed to be a rundown of the book of Enoch but turned out to be a use of the book of Enoch to support his own belief in a flat earth. It was beyond lame.

But I don't think the bible supports the flat earth theory. It's not a science book. It discusses what people can see in the day, and in a way to not "give the store away" before we discovered it on our own.

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I would advise against this apocryphal writing. It may excite curiosities but like the Book of Baranabas and other writings, there is little value. The 66 Canon of Old and New Testament is all we need and is God breathed (2 Timothy 3:16).