Is there Evidence that People who Do Not Trim Fat from Meat Get Heart Disease

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In supporting my Jewish and Christian friends I ask if trimming FAT from meat is not a good idea for everyone?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I do it.  I also remove skin from poultry prior to eating it.  But I count calories and the easiest way to reduce them is to reduce fat.  Fat has twice as many calories as protein or carbs.  A healthy way to eat is to increase whole grains, fruits and veggies, reduce fat, and eat more fish. By the way, shell fish is favorite of mine but it is very high in cholesterol.  God was right to forbid it.  Animal fat is high in Cholesterol. Cholesterol does increase heart disease, especially in people who are genetically predisposed to it and diabetics.  People all make cholesterol, but some make too much and also eat too much.  It clogs up the arteries and predisposes people to heart attacks and strokes.   I also avoid deep fried food as much as possible.  

If a person needs to increase calories, add olive oil or canola oil, eat nuts and increase salmon and other fatty fish.  These are very healthy. Lentils and dried beans and peas are also good, and these are higher calorie  carbs.  I love the taste of barley that has been minimally processed.  It takes forever to cook but is great is stews and soups.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

This life produces death. 100% of the time.

Forestall it as much and as long as possible.

But don't fear the inevitable in such things.

I simply feel better not eating much red meat. Same is true with drinking etc.

But a little fat for flavor every so often is not something to stay awake at night about.

Too much of anything is not a good thing.

Moderation balance etc.