Jump to content
MorningGlory

Three dead at White Supremacist rally in Charlottesburg, Virginia

Recommended Posts

MorningGlory    16,348

This is disturbing and this is NOT what we need in this country.  All over statues?  I say move the stupid statues to museums, they should not be destroyed because they're part of our history, and let's get on with it.  We don't have to have them on public land, no one admires slavery, but we also shouldn't pretend that era never occurred.  We also need to address the growing anti=immigrant sentiment; it's real and we can't pretend it's not there. I'm glad to see the President is condemning this rally but I'm sure the leftists will blame it on him.  Even though I've never read ONE racist word from Donald J. Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/virginia-white-supremacist-rally-two-235000474.html

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davida    6,622

Yes, was watching that this afternoon, it's horrible. It might have been an Antifa...who misidentified his target that hit his own people, they have someone in police custody . The far right are not associated with that violence usually. But the Antifa crowds have been getting extremely violent. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
other one    24,492

they will blame him because he hasn't come down really hard on the likes of David Duke.  I've already heard it on that local Fox Station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
other one    24,492
1 minute ago, Davida said:

Yes, was watching that this afternoon, it's horrible. It might have been an Antifa...who misidentified his target that hit his own people, they have someone in police custody . The far right are not associated with that violence usually. But the Antifa crowds have been getting extremely violent. 

I was watching something and it appeared that the person I was seeing was a local Fox reporter and he kept saying that the people who were protesting the removal of the statue was white supremacist and KKK.   I don't know who was protesting but it kind of bothered me that he seemed to be saying that if you didn't want the statue removed you were a white supremacist member of the KKK.    I don't know enough about either group to be able to identify them out of their white robes.    Black lives matter people were easy to spot though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MorningGlory    16,348
49 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes, was watching that this afternoon, it's horrible. It might have been an Antifa...who misidentified his target that hit his own people, they have someone in police custody . The far right are not associated with that violence usually. But the Antifa crowds have been getting extremely violent. Time will tell.

I read that it started getting ugly last night when there was a 'White Lives Matter' march on the college campus.  How dare they say white lives matter? And the main violence in that march was when one of the Anitfa sprayed mace into the eyes of some of the marchers.  The MSM only reports right wing violence, as we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Running Gator    6,047
1 hour ago, other one said:

they will blame him because he hasn't come down really hard on the likes of David Duke.  I've already heard it on that local Fox Station.

What I found just amazing that was even when making a statement about this event, he managed to turn it around and make it about himself and all the wonderful things that have happened since he became POTUS.   

It is startling how he does that each and every time he speaks no matter what the topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yowm    6,082

Allowing a white supremacist rally is part of free speech BUT you don't allow a protest rally the same day, same time. You schedule it another day. That is just putting a match to gasoline.  What were they thinking???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Running Gator    6,047

I have not seen or heard anyone from what passes for the right in this county speak to the fact the rally was called "unite the right".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
other one    24,492
10 hours ago, Running Gator said:

What I found just amazing that was even when making a statement about this event, he managed to turn it around and make it about himself and all the wonderful things that have happened since he became POTUS.   

It is startling how he does that each and every time he speaks no matter what the topic. 

when you can't get people to talk about the good things you do and there is nothing but negativity, you speak out when you get the opportunity.......   even when it may not be appropriate in some people's minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
other one    24,492
9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Allowing a white supremacist rally is part of free speech BUT you don't allow a protest rally the same day, same time. You schedule it another day. That is just putting a match to gasoline.  What were they thinking???

I don't believe the counter rally was approved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×