MorningGlory

Three dead at White Supremacist rally in Charlottesburg, Virginia

Running Gator    6,047
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

No, the republican party owns the Senate, the House and the majority of State Houses.  If you think the republican party is a conservative one, then we have nothing more to discuss.   As far as the WH, it apparently is in the very 'capable' establishment hands of McMaster.  Mr. Trump's bluster is apparently driving his critics over the edge, but not to worry. The establishment is not going to allow any substantial change of direction.

Terms such as "conservative" and "liberal" are basically meaningless these days, there are a 1000 different definitions as to what they mean.   The Republican party is the party the people on the right tend to vote for, so the Senate, the House and the majority of State Houses are controlled by the people those on the right voted into those positions.   As for McMaster, he is there because Trump put him there.  

Pushing an agenda is not the same as achieving one. 

Your statement was about relentlessly pushes its agenda, not achieving one.  Let's not move the goal post.

So what?  That would be like saying "Radio Free Europe" controlled the eastern bloc during the cold war.

The "so what" is that the right has a voice, a very loud voice. 

That would have been Mr. Bush (not a conservative) and the uniparty.  It's disingenuous to imply everyone 'on the right' was on board with those.

In your initial post, everything thing was "the left", you did not differentiate.  So, it is disingenuous to do so now with the right.

The true 'right' (conservatism) is so minuscule it is insignificant.  And you're correct - the uniparty hates freedom.

On this we agree, but I bet we would not even agree on what is the "true right".    I personally am not sure there is anyone on this board that would fit in that group. 

Edited by Running Gator

Cobalt1959    4,045
3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

The Right owns the Senate, the House, the White House and the majority of State houses.

The right pushes its agenda every bit as much as the left does.  One of the main reasons the right voted for Trump was to get a "right" SCOTUS Justice to support their agenda.

The right has the most watched TV news channel and they control the radio waves.

The right gave us the Patriot Act, NSA domestic spying and the power for the Executive Branch to indefinitely detain anyone that want, to include citizens,  without trial or legal representation. 

Sorry, but what passes for the "right" in this country is no more freedom loving than the left. 

You would have been fine if you would have left the middle sentence out.  

FOX is one station.  Just by sheer numbers, the Left still controls the TV market because virtually every network except FOX is pegged all the way to the Left.  And people are watching chuckleheads like Don Lemon, Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow or they would not be on the air.

The Right does not "control" the airwaves.  Radio, as opposed to TV is a different beast.  When it come to radio, the Left, except for NPR doesn't make many in-roads on radio because no one wants to listen to their incessant whining.

• Loved it! 1

SavedByGrace1981    1,506
15 hours ago, Running Gator said:

On this we agree, but I bet we would not even agree on what is the "true right".    I personally am not sure there is anyone on this board that would fit in that group. 

My definition of conservative (true right, if you will) is one who favors as small a government as possible.  One that leans toward individual liberty.  

In other words, I'm an anachronism.

A good place for conservatives to start would be the Bill of Rights.  To bad so few in government today even acknowledge it - let alone honor it.

Blessings,

-Ed

Running Gator    6,047
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

My definition of conservative (true right, if you will) is one who favors as small a government as possible.  One that leans toward individual liberty.  

In other words, I'm an anachronism.

A good place for conservatives to start would be the Bill of Rights.  To bad so few in government today even acknowledge it - let alone honor it.

Blessings,

-Ed

I agree with your definition, it is the same one I have been giving since I came to this board.  If that is what conservative means, why do those who claim to be conservative never vote for such a person?  

The people in our government today are there because we put them there, we really do not have anyone to blame but ourselves.  Who was the last real conservatives the people on the right voted for?

By your definition, there has not been a conservative president since Coolidge.

Edited by Running Gator