IGNORED

Three dead at White Supremacist rally in Charlottesburg, Virginia

MorningGlory

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

The Right owns the Senate, the House, the White House and the majority of State houses.

So what?  They have a majority, but not a legislative majority.

The right pushes its agenda every bit as much as the left does.  One of the main reasons the right voted for Trump was to get a "right" SCOTUS Justice to support their agenda.

And what specifically is the  Right's agenda?

The right has the most watched TV news channel and they control the radio waves.

FOX news is one station.  The Left owns both the entire media and entertainment establishments, both on TV and in print, which far and away out strips talk radio. And they have far, far more influence in our colleges and churches than the right, given that the country is going more and progressive

The right gave us the Patriot Act, NSA domestic spying and the power for the Executive Branch to indefinitely detain anyone that want, to include citizens,  without trial or legal representation. 

That came from the Right and the Left. The GoP did not hold all of the levers of power during the Bush years.

And it is the Left, primarily, that is anti-freedom and Anti-America (and their GoP sympathizers).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

The Right owns the Senate, the House, the White House and the majority of State houses.

No, the republican party owns the Senate, the House and the majority of State Houses.  If you think the republican party is a conservative one, then we have nothing more to discuss.   As far as the WH, it apparently is in the very 'capable' establishment hands of McMaster.  Mr. Trump's bluster is apparently driving his critics over the edge, but not to worry. The establishment is not going to allow any substantial change of direction.

The right pushes its agenda every bit as much as the left does.  One of the main reasons the right voted for Trump was to get a "right" SCOTUS Justice to support their agenda.

Pushing an agenda is not the same as achieving one.  And as Justice Roberts showed, conservative justices have a way of  'growing' (i.e. becoming statist/liberals).

The right has the most watched TV news channel and they control the radio waves.

So what?  That would be like saying "Radio Free Europe" controlled the eastern bloc during the cold war.

The right gave us the Patriot Act, NSA domestic spying and the power for the Executive Branch to indefinitely detain anyone that want, to include citizens,  without trial or legal representation. 

That would have been Mr. Bush (not a conservative) and the uniparty.  It's disingenuous to imply everyone 'on the right' was on board with those.

Sorry, but what passes for the "right" in this country is no more freedom loving than the left. 

The true 'right' (conservatism) is so minuscule it is insignificant.  And you're correct - the uniparty hates freedom.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Everyone sees things differently and that's okay.

I just don't see where the extreme right (outside of a few pockets in rural Idaho) has any influence at all.  When any extreme right entity (neo nazis; KKK; etc.) rears its ugly head, they are soundly condemned by virtually 100 percent of the people in the media and in government.  As they should be.  If the extreme right didn't exist, it would almost have to be invented . . . 

Yet when BLM (a racist hate group every bit as detestable as those on the far right) marches with the slogan 'Pigs (police) in a blanket, fry them like bacon' they are mostly ignored by everyone except by some on FOX or Sean Hannity.

So I don't see the extreme right having any influence at all.  I don't see it on the ascendancy.  Yes, when the two groups meet, there WILL be violence.  Which also begs the question . . . who 'arranged' it so these groups would meet?

Blessings,

-Ed

Good question.  But as for the right wing extremists, they are out there.  There are plenty of them right here in Texas.  It's not a good thing but it's not unexpected either.  The right is sick of the leftists trying to run this country and we aren't going to stand for it.

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Good question.  But as for the right wing extremists, they are out there.  There are plenty of them right here in Texas.  It's not a good thing but it's not unexpected either.  The right is sick of the leftists trying to run this country and we aren't going to stand for it.

Two entirely different entities.  Let's not fall into the trap of conjoining them - like our critics (and even some of our friends) do.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

No, the republican party owns the Senate, the House and the majority of State Houses.  If you think the republican party is a conservative one, then we have nothing more to discuss.   As far as the WH, it apparently is in the very 'capable' establishment hands of McMaster.  Mr. Trump's bluster is apparently driving his critics over the edge, but not to worry. The establishment is not going to allow any substantial change of direction.

Terms such as "conservative" and "liberal" are basically meaningless these days, there are a 1000 different definitions as to what they mean.   The Republican party is the party the people on the right tend to vote for, so the Senate, the House and the majority of State Houses are controlled by the people those on the right voted into those positions.   As for McMaster, he is there because Trump put him there.  

Pushing an agenda is not the same as achieving one. 

Your statement was about relentlessly pushes its agenda, not achieving one.  Let's not move the goal post.

So what?  That would be like saying "Radio Free Europe" controlled the eastern bloc during the cold war.

The "so what" is that the right has a voice, a very loud voice. 

That would have been Mr. Bush (not a conservative) and the uniparty.  It's disingenuous to imply everyone 'on the right' was on board with those.

In your initial post, everything thing was "the left", you did not differentiate.  So, it is disingenuous to do so now with the right.

The true 'right' (conservatism) is so minuscule it is insignificant.  And you're correct - the uniparty hates freedom.

On this we agree, but I bet we would not even agree on what is the "true right".    I personally am not sure there is anyone on this board that would fit in that group. 

Edited by Running Gator

15 hours ago, Running Gator said:

On this we agree, but I bet we would not even agree on what is the "true right".    I personally am not sure there is anyone on this board that would fit in that group. 

My definition of conservative (true right, if you will) is one who favors as small a government as possible.  One that leans toward individual liberty.  

In other words, I'm an anachronism.

A good place for conservatives to start would be the Bill of Rights.  To bad so few in government today even acknowledge it - let alone honor it.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

My definition of conservative (true right, if you will) is one who favors as small a government as possible.  One that leans toward individual liberty.  

In other words, I'm an anachronism.

A good place for conservatives to start would be the Bill of Rights.  To bad so few in government today even acknowledge it - let alone honor it.

Blessings,

-Ed

I agree with your definition, it is the same one I have been giving since I came to this board.  If that is what conservative means, why do those who claim to be conservative never vote for such a person?  

The people in our government today are there because we put them there, we really do not have anyone to blame but ourselves.  Who was the last real conservatives the people on the right voted for?

By your definition, there has not been a conservative president since Coolidge.

Edited by Running Gator