Lady with a past

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

A few years ago a lady visited our  church and got saved. I felt an attraction from day 1 but never made a move as she was still with her boyfriend.  We became fast friends  And she being very open  told me stuff about her past basically. She's very sexually experienced and has done alot and would do them with her husband .

Now one might assume that is say I was totally disgusted by what i heard and turned my mind off of her but in the contrary , I'm even more fascinated and attracted  and am probably pursuing her even more.

I feel conflicted and guilty because Im not sure if I've  grown to have more interest in her as a person or just am  enticed with the notion of having the perks of having a wife who's so knowedeable in bed.

And starting a relationship with said things in mind may not be the best thing u do if u want to stay pure. 

Thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

There's nothing wrong with desiring intimacy with a Godly wife. But yes, you need to determine how much of a factor that really is. Frankly, her confiding such details to you could already be seen as something of a step too far; "intimacy" doesn't just mean physical romantic activity. She's shared deep secrets with you, the kind one would only normally share with a husband/wife.

But what's done is done in that regard. There's not much to say other than to determine why you're really interested in her. Is it because of that? Is she someone you see as a fully-committed Christian, walking with God and desiring His will? I'd suggest you pray heavily, and ask God to reveal your own heart to you, and to reveal His will and help you to desire His will over your own.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

A few years ago a lady visited our  church and got saved. I felt an attraction from day 1 but never made a move as she was still with her boyfriend.  We became fast friends  And she being very open  told me stuff about her past basically. She's very sexually experienced and has done alot and would do them with her husband .

Now one might assume that is say I was totally disgusted by what i heard and turned my mind off of her but in the contrary , I'm even more fascinated and attracted  and am probably pursuing her even more.

I feel conflicted and guilty because Im not sure if I've  grown to have more interest in her as a person or just am  enticed with the notion of having the perks of having a wife who's so knowedeable in bed.

And starting a relationship with said things in mind may not be the best thing u do if u want to stay pure. 

Thoughts?

I would be examining this woman very carefully. There is more to a life long relationship than sex. Why would she even bring the fact up that she was so good in bed? Is it love or is it lust? You need to pray about this woman. You should make sure that she is a born again Christian. Just because a person goes to Church does not make them a Christian. You should not have any sexual relationships with her. Just be very careful. There are a lot of very questionable women in this world and a very few women who genuinely love the Lord and would make a wonderful lifetime wife.

• Loved it! 1

I've seen  growth and trying . As i said we are good friends and talk regularly. I wouldn't say she's trying to entice me 

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I would be examining this woman very carefully. There is more to a life long relationship than sex. Why would she even bring the fact up that she was so good in bed? Is it love or is it lust? You need to pray about this woman. You should make sure that she is a born again Christian. Just because a person goes to Church does not make them a Christian. You should not have any sexual relationships with her. Just be very careful. There are a lot of very questionable women in this world and a very few women who genuinely love the Lord and would make a wonderful lifetime wife.

She didn't boast of it to me. I'll take some blame. I actually asked questions in convos. being a single  virgin  sometimes curiosity  gotbrhd better of me . Something I need to work on

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

She didn't boast of it to me. I'll take some blame. I actually asked questions in convos. being a single  virgin  sometimes curiosity  gotbrhd better of me . Something I need to work on

Yes, you do need to work on that.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 8/13/2017 at 11:42 PM, creativemechanic said:

Thoughts?

your concerns and inner instincts are correct ,  it would be wise if you also listen and heed to them and also listen carefully to the answers given to you and warning you.

This week i was listening to a christian radio and the pastor in his sermon was talking about a man who fell for a pagan woman instead of looking for a godly woman and within a short period of time for having chosen the wrong person, he died an early death and a very painful death by his entrails falling out of him.

this bible story can be found in 2 Chronicles 20-21 the story of Jehoram's Disease and Death

There are consequences to choosing the wrong partner.

And if you are choosing out of lust more than anything else, the reasons are really not the right and Godly reasons.

Remember always, bad company destroys good caracter.

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1