Hell

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Do those in hell know they deserve it?  if so, wouldn't that make it a little more "tolerable"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Do those in hell know they deserve it?  if so, wouldn't that make it a little more "tolerable"?

The price of hell is so high because of what Jesus had to do to save any of us from it.

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is real, he is true, he is savior, he is Yahweh (LORD),

he is the victor over death.

All doubt and unbelief dispelled for all eternity.

Answer to part one of your question:

Yes.

Conversely we who are saved will know we don't deserve it!

Answer to part two...

The greatest hell would have to be knowing beyond the shadow of a doubt how little was required of them to have avoided hell completely.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (AV)
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

All they had to do was believe. 

Some theologians speculate this is why there is so much agony like hellfire, as a grace on the part of God to distract from the absolute hellfire within.

Ask someone who missed the deal of a lifetime, or who did something stupid that cost them everything in this life, or someone with OCD. The mind and spirit can be a hell that would put Gehenna to shame.