Jump to content
brakelite

For all Seekers.

Recommended Posts

He saves none because their sins are comparatively few and unnoticed by their fellow-men; he rejects none because their sins are many and great....

The promise is that he will give you rest. And this includes pardon and acceptance with God. It includes a deliverance from the condemnation and the tyranny of sin, from fear and remorse, from all spiritual enemies and all vain self-righteous hopes. It is a cordial for an accusing conscience, it is consolation for the oppressed, it is peace for the troubled spirit, it is a balm for every evil that can afflict us in our passage through life, and it is the earnest and pledge of the glorious, pure, eternal rest of heaven."
-- Archibald Alexander (taken from Christ's Gracious Invitation)

Do not for a moment think you need to improve yourself or make your life more acceptable to God before receiving Christ.

Come at once...right now...and come as you are.

  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 9:10 AM, brakelite said:

He saves none because their sins are comparatively few and unnoticed by their fellow-men; he rejects none because their sins are many and great....

The promise is that he will give you rest. And this includes pardon and acceptance with God. It includes a deliverance from the condemnation and the tyranny of sin, from fear and remorse, from all spiritual enemies and all vain self-righteous hopes. It is a cordial for an accusing conscience, it is consolation for the oppressed, it is peace for the troubled spirit, it is a balm for every evil that can afflict us in our passage through life, and it is the earnest and pledge of the glorious, pure, eternal rest of heaven."
-- Archibald Alexander (taken from Christ's Gracious Invitation)

Do not for a moment think you need to improve yourself or make your life more acceptable to God before receiving Christ.

Come at once...right now...and come as you are.

Many makes it seem so easy to be a Christian, that all you have to do is basically "believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved". However, this is in contrast to Jesus actual words: "If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it".(Matt 16:24, 25)


When asked "Lord, are those being saved few? ", Jesus said: "Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able".(Luke 13:23, 24) Many, in fact, around an estimated 2.42 billion on the earth people profess to be Christian.


But Jesus said that "few" would be his true disciples, while the vast majority would make a profession of being Christian, seeking "to get in but will not be able". Few would be willing to carry the load of Jesus "torture stake", being "no part of the world" (John 15:19) and its wide array of political schemes, its diverse religions of an estimated 41,000 different denominations and sects of Christendom, its greedy commerce that says you can be a Christian and still "love money" and its power.


Jesus further gave an illustration regarding the churches of Christendom begging Jesus to "bless" them, though they have no works to prove that they are genuine: "When the householder (Jesus) gets up and locks the door (to life), you (the churches of Christendom) will stand outside knocking at the door, saying, ' Lord, open to us '. But in answer he will say to you: ' I do not know where you are from '. Then you will start saying: "We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our main streets (feeling that this is case because of being a church of Christendom). But he (Jesus) will say to you, ' I do not know where you are from. Get away from me, all you workers of lawlessness".(Luke 13:24-27)


The diverse churches of Christendom, from AnaBaptist to Catholic to Coptic to Episcopalian to Eastern Orthodoxy to independent churches, all say that they are Jesus followers. But "the proof is in the pudding". as the symbolic temple was measured in visions by Ezekiel to show that it met God's holy requirements (Eze 40-46), so likewise a person has to look at their churches doctrines and practices to see if it measures up to God's high standards.


For instance, Jesus said that his genuine disciples would be hated for being "no part of the world".(John 15:19) What religion or form of worship is no part of the political arena and hated, being completely neutral with its political inner workings ? What religion is completely unbiased with regard to the political wrangling and wars of the nations, unwilling to participate or even have feelings for either side of the political conflict or actual battle ?


Revelation 14 says that "if anyone worships the wild beast (all the political governments combined, that exercise their authority like a "wild beast", reflecting its "tear apart and maim" disposition when they feel that their sovereignty is "threatened"; see Dan 7:2, 3) and its image (originally the League of Nations, but now the United Nations that mirrors all the political governments thoughts and desires like an "image", allowing their political voice to be heard and able to implement sanctions) and receives a mark on his forehead (giving mental support to their political government) or on his hand (giving "a hand of support", by being vocal about their support [or dissatisfaction, such as protesting their government] as well as voting for or running for political office) he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath".(Rev 14:9, 10)


Yet the churches of Christendom are thoroughly mired within the political arena, from voicing their support to running for the highest political office of their nation. But a true Christian will carefully follow Jesus prayer to the Father: "I have given your word to them (true Christians), but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world".(John 17:14)


Hence, what are the churches of Christendom to receive for their being "part and parcel" with the world of politics ? They "will drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath". Revelation 17 describes what will soon happen because of their betrayal to the only government that a true Christian is to give allegiance to - God's Kingdom: "And the ten horns that you saw and the (scarlet-colored) wild beast (Rev 17:3), these (or all political governments working together as one under the direction of the United Nations) will hate the prostitute (Babylon the Great [Rev 17:5], or all the religions of the world combined, including Christendom) and will make her devastated and naked (stripping them of all their possessions and monies so that they collapse), and they (the U.N. with the political governments full support) will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire".(Rev 17:16)


But who really is behind the destruction of the religions of the world ? Revelation 17:17 says: "For God put it into their heart to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom (or full power) to the (scarlet-colored) wild beast (the United Nations), until the words of God will have been accomplished".


The political governments will believe that it is their "thought" to permanently remove the religions of the world (Babylon the Great), but in reality, it is Jehovah God who begins "the domino effect" that leads up to Armageddon or "the war of the great day of God the Almighty".(Rev 16:14, 16)


This war is Jehovah God against the political nations and their supporters, whereby any who does not completely back God's Kingdom, will be wiped off the earth.(Rev 19:19-21; see also Matt 12:30) Revelation 14:12 brings this to our attention: "Here is where it calls for endurance on the part of the holy ones, those who keep the commandments of God and hold fast to the faith of Jesus". So, where do you stand in this regard ?

  • Oy Vey! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, guestman said:

Many makes it seem so easy to be a Christian, that all you have to do is basically "believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved". However, this is in contrast to Jesus actual words: "If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it".(Matt 16:24, 25)


When asked "Lord, are those being saved few? ", Jesus said: "Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able".(Luke 13:23, 24) Many, in fact, around an estimated 2.42 billion on the earth people profess to be Christian.


But Jesus said that "few" would be his true disciples, while the vast majority would make a profession of being Christian, seeking "to get in but will not be able". Few would be willing to carry the load of Jesus "torture stake", being "no part of the world" (John 15:19) and its wide array of political schemes, its diverse religions of an estimated 41,000 different denominations and sects of Christendom, its greedy commerce that says you can be a Christian and still "love money" and its power.


Jesus further gave an illustration regarding the churches of Christendom begging Jesus to "bless" them, though they have no works to prove that they are genuine: "When the householder (Jesus) gets up and locks the door (to life), you (the churches of Christendom) will stand outside knocking at the door, saying, ' Lord, open to us '. But in answer he will say to you: ' I do not know where you are from '. Then you will start saying: "We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our main streets (feeling that this is case because of being a church of Christendom). But he (Jesus) will say to you, ' I do not know where you are from. Get away from me, all you workers of lawlessness".(Luke 13:24-27)


The diverse churches of Christendom, from AnaBaptist to Catholic to Coptic to Episcopalian to Eastern Orthodoxy to independent churches, all say that they are Jesus followers. But "the proof is in the pudding". as the symbolic temple was measured in visions by Ezekiel to show that it met God's holy requirements (Eze 40-46), so likewise a person has to look at their churches doctrines and practices to see if it measures up to God's high standards.


For instance, Jesus said that his genuine disciples would be hated for being "no part of the world".(John 15:19) What religion or form of worship is no part of the political arena and hated, being completely neutral with its political inner workings ? What religion is completely unbiased with regard to the political wrangling and wars of the nations, unwilling to participate or even have feelings for either side of the political conflict or actual battle ?


Revelation 14 says that "if anyone worships the wild beast (all the political governments combined, that exercise their authority like a "wild beast", reflecting its "tear apart and maim" disposition when they feel that their sovereignty is "threatened"; see Dan 7:2, 3) and its image (originally the League of Nations, but now the United Nations that mirrors all the political governments thoughts and desires like an "image", allowing their political voice to be heard and able to implement sanctions) and receives a mark on his forehead (giving mental support to their political government) or on his hand (giving "a hand of support", by being vocal about their support [or dissatisfaction, such as protesting their government] as well as voting for or running for political office) he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath".(Rev 14:9, 10)


Yet the churches of Christendom are thoroughly mired within the political arena, from voicing their support to running for the highest political office of their nation. But a true Christian will carefully follow Jesus prayer to the Father: "I have given your word to them (true Christians), but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world".(John 17:14)


Hence, what are the churches of Christendom to receive for their being "part and parcel" with the world of politics ? They "will drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath". Revelation 17 describes what will soon happen because of their betrayal to the only government that a true Christian is to give allegiance to - God's Kingdom: "And the ten horns that you saw and the (scarlet-colored) wild beast (Rev 17:3), these (or all political governments working together as one under the direction of the United Nations) will hate the prostitute (Babylon the Great [Rev 17:5], or all the religions of the world combined, including Christendom) and will make her devastated and naked (stripping them of all their possessions and monies so that they collapse), and they (the U.N. with the political governments full support) will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire".(Rev 17:16)


But who really is behind the destruction of the religions of the world ? Revelation 17:17 says: "For God put it into their heart to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom (or full power) to the (scarlet-colored) wild beast (the United Nations), until the words of God will have been accomplished".


The political governments will believe that it is their "thought" to permanently remove the religions of the world (Babylon the Great), but in reality, it is Jehovah God who begins "the domino effect" that leads up to Armageddon or "the war of the great day of God the Almighty".(Rev 16:14, 16)


This war is Jehovah God against the political nations and their supporters, whereby any who does not completely back God's Kingdom, will be wiped off the earth.(Rev 19:19-21; see also Matt 12:30) Revelation 14:12 brings this to our attention: "Here is where it calls for endurance on the part of the holy ones, those who keep the commandments of God and hold fast to the faith of Jesus". So, where do you stand in this regard ?

Bro, you are wrong. It is very easy to become a Christian. God, in His great love for mankind, has made it as easy as He possibly could. In fact, He has done everything necessary on your behalf that you might become a child of God. All you need do is believe. Everything, I say again, everything, is by grace through faith. And what's more, God in His mercy, because He fully understands our weaknesses (His Son lived our lives and experienced our weaknesses) He has made it as difficult as He could for the Christian to leave. Again, the Christian walk is simply one of believing. The difficulty arises however when we stop trusting God, and start relying on our own strength, our own churches, our own pastors, even our own family, to accomplish for us what only God can accomplish. The narrow road, the hard way you speak of, is the battle against self. The battle against self is the hardest battle the human being will ever have to face. But once you decide for God's side, He will take you in His loving care and do for you what it is impossible for you to do for yourself. And that is get you to heaven. Again, all you have to do is believe His promises to you and accept His word as truth.

As to your eschatology, I could speak a great deal upon what you have written, but that will take this discussion into a whole new scenario unrelated to my original post. Which is for seekers. What you are wanting to feed newborn babes, or even unborn babes,is meat.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salvation is free Gift , you don't have to go to church to do stand up- sit down aerobic or prayer over and over to get saved .

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 , Ephesians 2:8-9 ,

It is very easy to become Christian , but not easy to become overcomer .

Jesus paid in full price for you on cross and for everybody else alredy , even if you don't believe and die and go to hell , you go here only because of rejecting free gift . 1 John 2:2

So many people just believe and do nothing with it , and they will cry because they wasted thier life living for themselfes and not for him .

 

If you want to overcome and get rewards in heaven then you need to love Jesus , and to love him you keep his commandments , not 10 commandments but all what he said .

These are two different topics , people need to realise that in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 - the definition of gospel , does not have mentioned miracles performed by Jesus , or keeping his commandments , or his sinless life ,or preaching gospel to others but just that Jesus is God , paid for your sins and it's done deal and if you believe you are saved .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 8:20 AM, brakelite said:

 

Bro, you are wrong. It is very easy to become a Christian. God, in His great love for mankind, has made it as easy as He possibly could. In fact, He has done everything necessary on your behalf that you might become a child of God. All you need do is believe. Everything, I say again, everything, is by grace through faith. And what's more, God in His mercy, because He fully understands our weaknesses (His Son lived our lives and experienced our weaknesses) He has made it as difficult as He could for the Christian to leave. Again, the Christian walk is simply one of believing. The difficulty arises however when we stop trusting God, and start relying on our own strength, our own churches, our own pastors, even our own family, to accomplish for us what only God can accomplish. The narrow road, the hard way you speak of, is the battle against self. The battle against self is the hardest battle the human being will ever have to face. But once you decide for God's side, He will take you in His loving care and do for you what it is impossible for you to do for yourself. And that is get you to heaven. Again, all you have to do is believe His promises to you and accept His word as truth.

As to your eschatology, I could speak a great deal upon what you have written, but that will take this discussion into a whole new scenario unrelated to my original post. Which is for seekers. What you are wanting to feed newborn babes, or even unborn babes,is meat.

What you are saying contradicts Jesus words. Accepting Jesus "torture stake" is far from being "easy" as you put it, but requires that a person being willing to die for "the truth".(John 8:32) You disagree with Jesus words: "Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many (like you and a whole host of others), I tell you, will seek to get in, but will not be able".(Luke 13:24)


Jesus established a list of requirements. (1) Making known God's Kingdom from "house to house", giving these instructions: 'As you go, preach, saying: ' The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near '.(Matt 10:5,7)

He then outlines: "Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there till you leave (providing more information on God's Kingdom and what is required to please God by teaching them). When you enter the house (not sitting in front of a TV watching a religious leader preach or computer just typing words, but going to people's homes), greet the householder. If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet".(Matt 10:11-14)


I need not ask whether you go from "house to house" with the message about God's Kingdom as Jesus instructed, for I know that you do not, but are quick to pass judgment on those who are "vigorously" preaching the "good news of the Kingdom" as Jesus instructed, saying: "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come".(Matt 24:14)


(2) Recognizing who are God's people by their "fruits" or conduct or "works". Jesus establishes that a person's "fruits" or conduct or "works" will "tell the tale" of who they really are, saying: "By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they ? Likewise, every good tree (or religious organization) produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit".(Matt 7:16, 17)


Do you participate in the world of politics, siding with this nor that political candidate or issues or even having any emotions towards any of the political situations that are ever ongoing, feeling that this or that should be done ?


Salvatore Rino Fisichella (age 65), an Italian titular archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church and the first President of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelisation said of members of his own church: “Looking at us probably no one would recognize we are Christians today because our style of life is the same as non-believers.”


Do you abstain from misuse of blood, such as blood transfusions or even giving blood at Blood Centers or just agreeing that its okay to do so, as commanded at Acts 15:20, 29, recognizing the sacredness of blood in God's eyes, that it is to be used only for atonement of our sins ?(Lev 17:11)


Do you want to "return evil for evil", even mentally when feeling insulted ? Proverbs says: "Do not say: "I will do to him just as he has done to me; I will repay him for what he did".(Prov 24:29) Vengeance is a common attitude among the world, but not among God's people, for the apostle Paul wrote: "Keep on blessing those who persecute; bless and do not curse".(Rom 12:14)


Jesus said that his genuine followers would be persecuted for being "no part of the world", even to the point of death.(John 15:19; 16:2) Are you persecuted, hated for being "no part of the world" and its political, commercial and false religious ideologies ?


Do you have nothing to do with the false religious celebrations, such as Halloween, Christmas, Easter, or Feast of Saints days, Mother's or Father's Day, or other days that nations have made in holidays.(note: the word "holiday" come from the words "holy day")


The apostle Paul wrote: "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have ?......Further what harmony is there between Christ ("the truth") and Belial (another name for Satan and the false religions he promotes)......"Therefore, get out from among them (all false religions as well as people who support them), and separate yourselves, ' says Jehovah, and quit touching the unclean thing', ' and I will take you in".(2 Cor 6:14, 15, 17)


Do you "love the name of Jehovah" so as "to be his servants" ?(Isa 56:6) Do you place Jesus on the same level as Jehovah in accepting the Trinity doctrine, which is contrary to Jesus words that "the Father is greater than I am" as well as his words, that he is "the beginning of the creation by God" ?(Rev 3:14; John 14:28)


Do you go to "the mountain of the house of Jehovah" for instructions in these "final part of the days" ?(Isa 2:2, 3) Have you ' beaten your swords into plowshares and spears into pruning shears, learning war no more ', ' walking in the light of Jehovah ' ?(Isa 2:4, 5)  Jesus told the Jews, quoting from Isaiah 54:13: "It is written in the Prophets: ' They ("your sons") will all be taught by Jehovah".(John 6:45)


What about being morally clean ? Are you careful to follow Jesus words: "You heard that it was said: ' You must not commit adultery '. But I say to you that everyone who keeps on looking at a woman (that is not his wife) so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart".(Matt 5:27:28)


Do you watch TV or movies that feature scantily clad women or insinuate immoral things, thereby possibly causing unclean thoughts ? Or do you turn them off or if known in advance, refuse to watch such videos, so as to ' bring every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ ' ?(2 Cor 10:5)

What about spiritism ? Do you watch or deal in anything that features spiritistic overtones ?(Deut 18:10-12; Acts 19:18, 19)

The apostle Paul wrote that Jesus would "cleanse for himself a people (or organization or body of people) who are his own special possession, zealous for fine works".(Titus 2:14) I have said enough for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, guestman said:

I have said enough for now.

You said far more than you should have. You know I don't go from house to house? You know this, how? From your whole post the impression I get is that you are relying on all those works of yours as your ticket to salvation. Correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am wrong,great! But share with us, what is it that you are relying on if none of those wonderful works? BTW, your house to house ministry is good only if the message you are sharing is the correct one.

Let me ask you some questions.

JWs are big on calling people out of Babylon...and rightly so. They boast of not partaking of any of the lies and false doctrines that characterize Babylon. So, do you keep the commandments? I ask this because the great whore who is riding the beast which union is even today forming Babylon the Great, 'has thought to change times and laws'. (Daniel 7). So again I ask, do you keep the commandments as taught by the whore, or do you keep the commandments as taught and given by Jesus, the Son of God  upon Mt Sinai?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, brakelite said:

You said far more than you should have. You know I don't go from house to house? You know this, how? From your whole post the impression I get is that you are relying on all those works of yours as your ticket to salvation. Correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am wrong,great! But share with us, what is it that you are relying on if none of those wonderful works? BTW, your house to house ministry is good only if the message you are sharing is the correct one.

Let me ask you some questions.

JWs are big on calling people out of Babylon...and rightly so. They boast of not partaking of any of the lies and false doctrines that characterize Babylon. So, do you keep the commandments? I ask this because the great whore who is riding the beast which union is even today forming Babylon the Great, 'has thought to change times and laws'. (Daniel 7). So again I ask, do you keep the commandments as taught by the whore, or do you keep the commandments as taught and given by Jesus, the Son of God  upon Mt Sinai?

In saying enough, I wanted to make sure of clarity, just as when Jesus was asked a composite question (Matt 24:3), his answer covered two complete chapters of Matthew (24 & 25) so that nothing was left out. Concerning clarity, for example, a man says that he is a mechanic, but never has repaired a car engine, just making statements of how good he is. A woman says that she is a nurse, but has never worked as one, just making statements that she "knows the business". Would you trust either one to work on your car or on you personally if you needed critical care ? Which proves what a person is, words or works that prove their capability ?


Many say that they are Christian because they have faith. But is faith good enough to please God ? James wrote: "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works ? That faith cannot save him, can it ? If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, "Go on peace; keep warm and well fed," but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it ? So, too, faith by itself, without works is dead".(James 2:14-17)


James then brings Abraham into the picture, saying: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness, and he came to be called Jehovah's friend. You see that man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone......Indeed, just as the body without spirit (or life force like electricity) is dead, so also faith without works is dead".(James 2:23, 24, 26)


Our "house to house" ministry is following Jesus instructions: "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come".(Matt 24:14; see also Matt 10:7, 11-13)


Who else besides Jehovah's Witnesses are doing this on a global scale, teaching people about God's Kingdom ? If I may, please consider what Jehovah God told Ezekiel: "As for you, son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman to the house of Israel; and when you hear a word from my mouth you must warn them for me. When I say to someone wicked, ' Wicked one, you will surely die ! ' but you do not speak out to warn the wicked one to change his course, he will die as a wicked man because of his error, but I will ask his blood back from you. But if you warn someone wicked to turn back from his way and he refuses to change his course, he will die for his error, but you will certainly save your own life".(Eze 33:7-9)


And as for Babylon the Great, this "prostitute" of false religion came into existence after the Noachian Flood some 4,000 years ago, in which religion began to dominate the newly arrived world of politics (see Rev 17:18), that is called by Jehovah "a wild beast" and that arose from the "sea" or restless masses of mankind seeking their own sovereignty apart from God.(Rev 13:1, 2; for understanding the mystical "sea", consider Isa 17:12 and 57:20, 21)


Daniel 7, that says that out from among the "ten horns" that was on top of the "fourth beast" or the Roman Empire, arose a "small horn" and had what looked "like human eyes.....and a mouth speaking arrogantly"(Dan 7:8) is not speaking about "the great whore" but rather the world power that resulted from the Roman Empire's dissolution in 476 C.E.(note: Rome was the 6th world power of Bible history and the Bible establishes there will only be 7)


This world power "will intend to change times and law, and they will be given on to his hand for a time, times and a half a time".(Dan 7:25) So what has become the seventh or final world power of Bible history ?(Rev 17:10) The United States, in conjunction with its closest ally, Britain.


Britain was once a colony of ancient Rome, having been settled there in 43 C.E. under Roman Emperor Claudius, but the last of the Roman soldiers left in 410 C.E. but not before having founded Londinium or what is now called London. Hence, the United States along with Britain form the last world power of Bible history and is under the influence of the "woman" (along with the rest of the political governments), Babylon the Great or religions of the world.(Rev 17:9)


Soon, Jehovah will fulfill his timetable to destroy Babylon the Great (Rev 17:16; 18:8), using the "ten horns" of our time period, the political governments of the earth.(Rev 17:12, 16, 17) Jesus true followers are also seen at Daniel 7 as the "holy ones (who) will receive the kingdom".(Dan 7:18)


It is with respect to these "holy ones" that the final world power of Bible history ' intends to change times and law ', so that "they will (or were) given into his hand" for a short while. These "holy ones" "observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus".(Rev 12:17) So, we follow this commandment, so that we "go and make disciples of people of all the nations......teaching them to observe all that (Jesus) commanded".(Matt 28:19, 20)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, guestman said:

In saying enough, I wanted to make sure of clarity, just as when Jesus was asked a composite question (Matt 24:3), his answer covered two complete chapters of Matthew (24 & 25) so that nothing was left out. Concerning clarity, for example, a man says that he is a mechanic, but never has repaired a car engine, just making statements of how good he is. A woman says that she is a nurse, but has never worked as one, just making statements that she "knows the business". Would you trust either one to work on your car or on you personally if you needed critical care ? Which proves what a person is, words or works that prove their capability ?


Many say that they are Christian because they have faith. But is faith good enough to please God ? James wrote: "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works ? That faith cannot save him, can it ? If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, "Go on peace; keep warm and well fed," but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it ? So, too, faith by itself, without works is dead".(James 2:14-17)


James then brings Abraham into the picture, saying: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness, and he came to be called Jehovah's friend. You see that man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone......Indeed, just as the body without spirit (or life force like electricity) is dead, so also faith without works is dead".(James 2:23, 24, 26)


Our "house to house" ministry is following Jesus instructions: "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come".(Matt 24:14; see also Matt 10:7, 11-13)


Who else besides Jehovah's Witnesses are doing this on a global scale, teaching people about God's Kingdom ? If I may, please consider what Jehovah God told Ezekiel: "As for you, son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman to the house of Israel; and when you hear a word from my mouth you must warn them for me. When I say to someone wicked, ' Wicked one, you will surely die ! ' but you do not speak out to warn the wicked one to change his course, he will die as a wicked man because of his error, but I will ask his blood back from you. But if you warn someone wicked to turn back from his way and he refuses to change his course, he will die for his error, but you will certainly save your own life".(Eze 33:7-9)


And as for Babylon the Great, this "prostitute" of false religion came into existence after the Noachian Flood some 4,000 years ago, in which religion began to dominate the newly arrived world of politics (see Rev 17:18), that is called by Jehovah "a wild beast" and that arose from the "sea" or restless masses of mankind seeking their own sovereignty apart from God.(Rev 13:1, 2; for understanding the mystical "sea", consider Isa 17:12 and 57:20, 21)


Daniel 7, that says that out from among the "ten horns" that was on top of the "fourth beast" or the Roman Empire, arose a "small horn" and had what looked "like human eyes.....and a mouth speaking arrogantly"(Dan 7:8) is not speaking about "the great whore" but rather the world power that resulted from the Roman Empire's dissolution in 476 C.E.(note: Rome was the 6th world power of Bible history and the Bible establishes there will only be 7)


This world power "will intend to change times and law, and they will be given on to his hand for a time, times and a half a time".(Dan 7:25) So what has become the seventh or final world power of Bible history ?(Rev 17:10) The United States, in conjunction with its closest ally, Britain.


Britain was once a colony of ancient Rome, having been settled there in 43 C.E. under Roman Emperor Claudius, but the last of the Roman soldiers left in 410 C.E. but not before having founded Londinium or what is now called London. Hence, the United States along with Britain form the last world power of Bible history and is under the influence of the "woman" (along with the rest of the political governments), Babylon the Great or religions of the world.(Rev 17:9)


Soon, Jehovah will fulfill his timetable to destroy Babylon the Great (Rev 17:16; 18:8), using the "ten horns" of our time period, the political governments of the earth.(Rev 17:12, 16, 17) Jesus true followers are also seen at Daniel 7 as the "holy ones (who) will receive the kingdom".(Dan 7:18)


It is with respect to these "holy ones" that the final world power of Bible history ' intends to change times and law ', so that "they will (or were) given into his hand" for a short while. These "holy ones" "observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus".(Rev 12:17) So, we follow this commandment, so that we "go and make disciples of people of all the nations......teaching them to observe all that (Jesus) commanded".(Matt 28:19, 20)

 

 

On 9/11/2017 at 0:59 AM, guestman said:

I need not ask whether you go from "house to house" with the message about God's Kingdom as Jesus instructed, for I know that you do not

In the latest post of yours above, I don't seem to find an explanation as to how you came by the knowledge expressed in the quote immediately above. Did I miss something?

23 hours ago, guestman said:

Who else besides Jehovah's Witnesses are doing this on a global scale, teaching people about God's Kingdom ?

Seventh Day Adventists for one, and I am sure there are possibly others.  But not only through door to door ministry. Television and the internet provide many churches and ministries to enter into peoples homes with the gospel. God is not so myopic as to countenance only one method of teaching/preaching and ministering to people. How many hospitals...clinics...schools...retirement homes...broadcasting stations both radio and TV  do the JWs operate? These are all legitimate means by which to reach out to people with  the love of God.

And by the way, none of your door to door efforts are of any benefit so long as you continue to deny the deity of the Son of God. If you dont know Who He is,how can you lead others to Him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, brakelite said:

 

 

In the latest post of yours above, I don't seem to find an explanation as to how you came by the knowledge expressed in the quote immediately above. Did I miss something?

Seventh Day Adventists for one, and I am sure there are possibly others.  But not only through door to door ministry. Television and the internet provide many churches and ministries to enter into peoples homes with the gospel. God is not so myopic as to countenance only one method of teaching/preaching and ministering to people. How many hospitals...clinics...schools...retirement homes...broadcasting stations both radio and TV  do the JWs operate? These are all legitimate means by which to reach out to people with  the love of God.

And by the way, none of your door to door efforts are of any benefit so long as you continue to deny the deity of the Son of God. If you dont know Who He is,how can you lead others to Him?

Seventh Day Adventists do not go from "house to house" (Acts 5:42; 20:20) with "the good news of the Kingdom" (Matt 24:14), following Jesus command at Matthew 28:19, 20. I have one who lives just a few miles from me (and dealt with over a period of about 20 years) and the only thing that he was concerned with was his "observance of Saturday" as the seventh day of the week, considering it the "Sabbath" that they feel should be observed. Not once did he mention anything about God's kingdom nor come to my door with any Biblical message. In fact, I have no one come to my door with any Biblical message and I have lived here for 63 years.


And Jesus did not tell his disciples to build hospitals, retirement homes, broadcasting stations, clinics, but he did give the express command (that cannot be altered) to "go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations......teaching them all the things I have commanded".(Matt 28:19, 20) Though useful, building works do not teach people how to conform their lives to Jehovah's word. Thus, a true follower of Jesus goes directly to the people with God's Kingdom, just as Jesus did.(Luke 8:1)


This requires going to a person's home and having a "one-on-one" discussion over a period of time till the student itself can now also go and make disciples, being in effect, equal to his teacher, becoming a teacher like him.(Matt 13:52)


As Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles concerning the Jews: "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin. But now they have no excuse for their sin".(John 15:22) Speaking about God's Kingdom directly to people allows for these ones to make a choice, whether to become one of its subjects or reject it in favor of human rulership, as the vast majority have done. It serves as a "witness" to them that a heavenly government will soon take control of earth's affairs.(Dan 2:44; Matt 24:14)


Just before his death, Jesus told his faithful apostles: "Most truly I say to you, whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do (of preaching the "good news of the Kingdom" from house to house, teaching "deserving ones", Matt 10:11); and he will do works greater (or on a greater scale of Jesus, being earthwide and not just in Israel) than these".


And concerning Jesus as deity, he is a "Mighty God, Prince of Peace" (Isa 9:6), but not God Almighty. The apostle John wrote: "No man has seen God (or God Almighty) at any time; the only-begotten god (or a powerful spirit who was begotten or has a father just as we all have one, see Eph 1:3; Col 1:3) who is at the Father's side is the one who has explained him".(John 1:18; see also 1 John 4:12)


Hence, Jesus accurately explained his position to Nicodemus: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son (or the only person directly created by Jehovah God, while all other life and the universe came into existence through Jesus as God's "master worker", Prov 8:30; note the King James Bible mistranslates the Hebrew word amon, rendering it as "with him" instead of "master worker", for this Hebrew word means "skilled; i.e. an architect", Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible), so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life".(John 3:16)


Jesus is thus the "doorway" to knowing Jehovah God (see John 10:7), for Jesus said in prayer: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God (Jehovah God), and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ".(John 17:3) Jesus here clearly separates himself from God (or God Almighty) and shows his submission to him by being "sent", for the sender is always greater than the one sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2017 at 1:15 AM, guestman said:

And concerning Jesus as deity, he is a "Mighty God, Prince of Peace" (Isa 9:6), but not God Almighty. The apostle John wrote: "No man has seen God (or God Almighty) at any time; the only-begotten god (or a powerful spirit who was begotten or has a father just as we all have one, see Eph 1:3; Col 1:3) who is at the Father's side is the one who has explained him".(John 1:18; see also 1 John 4:12)


Hence, Jesus accurately explained his position to Nicodemus: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son (or the only person directly created by Jehovah God, while all other life and the universe came into existence through Jesus as God's "master worker", Prov 8:30; note the King James Bible mistranslates the Hebrew word amon, rendering it as "with him" instead of "master worker", for this Hebrew word means "skilled; i.e. an architect", Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible), so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life".(John 3:16)


Jesus is thus the "doorway" to knowing Jehovah God (see John 10:7), for Jesus said in prayer: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God (Jehovah God), and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ".(John 17:3) Jesus here clearly separates himself from God (or God Almighty) and shows his submission to him by being "sent", for the sender is always greater than the one sent.

On the basis of what you have written, I have one or two glaring objections. First, your contention that Jesus was a created being. If that were so, then redemption becomes impossible, because only a being greater than the law can redeem those who have transgressed it. A created being cannot atone for any law to which he himself must of necessity be subject to. Angels are subject to the laws and commandments of Godevery bit as much as man. And as you are fully aware, subject to the same punishment of its transgression...eternal destruction.

Second objection...being greater than the law of God of necessity in order to redeem, and being rightly named the "only begotten Son of God", by right of natural inheritance has the very same divine nature of the Father who begat Him. Like Father like Son. 

KJV Hebrews 1
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×