IGNORED

North Korea Backs Down

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un decided Tuesday not to fire ballistic missiles at Guam, reserving the right to change his mind if “the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions,” according to North Korean state media.

Kim appears to be attempting to de-escalate tensions to prevent conflict between the U.S. and North Korea. After the U.N. Security Council approved tougher sanctions against North Korea for its intercontinental ballistic missile tests, the North warned Wednesday that it was considering launching a salvo of ballistic missiles into waters around Guam in a show of force demonstrating an ability to surround the island with “enveloping fire.” That same day, President Donald Trump stressed that North Korean threats will be met with “fire and fury like nothing the world has ever seen.” For a week, the two sides hurled threats and warnings at each other repeatedly, leading some observers to conclude that the two sides were close to nuclear war.

But, Kim blinked.

Read More At:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/14/kim-jong-un-backs-down-in-nuclear-showdown-with-trump/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I'm sure Mr. Trump will get the credit for this.

In other news, sightings of flying pigs have been reported worldwide . . . :laugh:

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

In other news, sightings of flying pigs have been reported worldwide . . . :laugh:

Blessings,

-Ed

Why would Pres Trump get credit for NK doing what they have done for the last 50 years?

Do you believe they "backed down" because of his words?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Why would Pres Trump get credit for NK doing what they have done for the last 50 years?

Do you believe they "backed down" because of his words?

I don't know that I'd call this equivalent to what they've been doing for the past 50 years. They made a specific threat and provided a timeline and then backed off of it, which is fairly unique for them. I think mattis basically saying, in a more direct than usual manner, that there would be a direct military retaliation if they shot anything at guam probably would've been the statement that stopped it, if indeed a statement from an american official is responsible.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

:laugh:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Is that what flew pass my window this morning? 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Is that what flew pass my window this morning? 

giphy.gif

Oh!  He's cute!  I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these instead of the screaming meemies I'm seeing on t.v. and the internet.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Is it possible they actually took a look at their bullying and could see the destruction it would do to their country and to themselves? I do not know if it would bother them if their people were destroyed but it may bother them if they themselves were destroyed.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, missmuffet said:

Is it possible they actually took a look at their bullying and could see the destruction it would do to their country and to themselves? I do not know if it would bother them if their people were destroyed but it may bother them if they themselves were destroyed.

They (NK) has been talking trash for 50 plus years, much of it aimed at the US.  They have never once backed up that trash talk in all that time. But now all of a sudden it is the trash talk from our president that stopped them.  What was it that stopped them the last 50 years?

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un decided Tuesday not to fire ballistic missiles at Guam, reserving the right to change his mind if “the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions,” according to North Korean state media.

Kim appears to be attempting to de-escalate tensions to prevent conflict between the U.S. and North Korea. After the U.N. Security Council approved tougher sanctions against North Korea for its intercontinental ballistic missile tests, the North warned Wednesday that it was considering launching a salvo of ballistic missiles into waters around Guam in a show of force demonstrating an ability to surround the island with “enveloping fire.” That same day, President Donald Trump stressed that North Korean threats will be met with “fire and fury like nothing the world has ever seen.” For a week, the two sides hurled threats and warnings at each other repeatedly, leading some observers to conclude that the two sides were close to nuclear war.

But, Kim blinked.

Read More At:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/14/kim-jong-un-backs-down-in-nuclear-showdown-with-trump/

According to the looney leftists NK backed away from the brink because they magically saw the light.  I say that they realized that the end of their regime was at hand and decided it was better to stay in power than to be thrown to the mercies of the millions who have been starved and tortured over the years.  Thisl is one time when what happened to Mussolini comes to mind; maybe it did for Kim as well.