• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

To see the evilness of the people is not the tribulation yet.

Tribulation is when people will be systematically killed for not taking the mark of satan.

This is a sinful generation I agree. I absolutely hate it and I can't see the news or watch the telly otherwise I loose my temper. But I don't think it reached the level of Sodom or the age of Noah. We are still sinking.

The seven year tribulation is still future. But we are definitely living in the "end times" and we are seeing the evil and darkness of this world. Jesus Christ will rapture the Church in His perfect timing. Our world will get worse.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

17 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

But it's quite hard to twist what happened in Genesis 6.

It is hard to determine, which understanding would be the twisting. Not going to get into that though. For those interested, there is a pretty thorough examination of these views here

20 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

Do you think it would be possible to happen again what happened in the age of Noah? I think it does.

I have a question for you though, concerning the above quoted statement. Why do you think it matters, what we think about angels and humans co-mingling . . .  what would we do with that information anyway? Is there some way that you are going to live your life any differently with your view, than I will with mine? If so, how so? If not, then why distract yourself with this sort of topic instead of focusing on how to please God is this life?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It is hard to determine, which understanding would be the twisting. Not going to get into that though. For those interested, there is a pretty thorough examination of these views here

I have a question for you though, concerning the above quoted statement. Why do you think it matters, what we think about angels and humans co-mingling . . .  what would we do with that information anyway? Is there some way that you are going to live your life any differently with your view, than I will with mine? If so, how so? If not, then why distract yourself with this sort of topic instead of focusing on how to please God is this life?

It will be easier to spot as it begins to repeat and we can remain apart from it.  It doesn't start evil but turns that way as people get involved.   The genetic manipulation we're starting will end up ugly as it did pre flood.

But we'll see.   And we have been instructed to watch. And there is plenty of time to do so and still please God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I firmly believe mingling will happen again at the end time. I am just preparing myself for this event as it's coming soon.

So in the future if any angel girl tries to ask me out I am going to say no. You should get ready too. ?

But let's be more serious, I have read the article. Even if you try to give a different interpretation to Genesis 6 you can't deny book of Enoch credibility as it is quoted by Peter and Jude in the new testament.

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

There was not and will not be the commingling of humans and angels .... this is a ruse and not possible

For example, Abaddon/Apollyon will control the little horn of Daniels visions at the time of the end, but there will not be a "commingling"

You need to understand this truth for the correct interpretation

The book of Enoch is not to be even considered as a part of the scriptures 

18 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

There was not and will not be the commingling of humans and angels .... this is a ruse and not possible

For example, Abaddon/Apollyon will control the little horn of Daniels visions at the time of the end, but there will not be a "commingling"

How do you know it's not possible? Any proof?

How about abaddon commingling with a woman who will give birth to the Antichrist?

Book of enoch is used in the bible as reference. That's a quite strong evidence to verify its credibility.

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

Even if you try to give a different interpretation to Genesis 6 you can't deny book of Enoch credibility as it is quoted by Peter and Jude in the new testament.

Sure I can! Paul quoted Greek phliosophers, that does not mean that he endorsed everything they said, he quoted what he thought, was a true saying.

Quoting the book of Enoch, again, means that something there was considered trustworthy, and that does not mean that it is inspired scripture.

Even if I were to grant, that the book of Enoch was inspired (which I cannot, sine I have no evidence for that), a problem still exists, because we so not possess a book, written before the flood. The Jews did not consider Enoch to be canonical, so I sure do not know why Christians would, it did not even past muster with them, we should be even more cautious.

The book of Enoch, is one of several Apocryphal writings. Interesting, probably some truth (it is hard to write a book that is 100% lies), but not to be trusted as authoritative in spiritual matters, untrustworthy. Then there is even the question of who really wrote the supposed writing of Enoch that we have, was it even Enoch? In my opinion, most likely nor.

So yes, I can and do deny the credibility of Enoch, to me, it has quite nearly zero credability, I guess I am just more skeptical and choosy, that you are, about what I will accept as a good source.

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Sure I can! Paul quoted Greek phliosophers, that does not mean that he endorsed everything they said, he quoted what he thought, was a true saying.

Quoting the book of Enoch, again, means that something there was considered trustworthy, and that does not mean that it is inspired scripture.

Even if I were to grant, that the book of Enoch was inspired (which I cannot, sine I have no evidence for that), a problem still exists, because we so not possess a book, written before the flood. The Jews did not consider Enoch to be canonical, so I sure do not know why Christians would, it did not even past muster with them, we should be even more cautious.

The book of Enoch, is one of several Apocryphal writings. Interesting, probably some truth (it is hard to write a book that is 100% lies), but not to be trusted as authoritative in spiritual matters, untrustworthy. Then there is even the question of who really wrote the supposed writing of Enoch that we have, was it even Enoch? In my opinion, most likely nor.

So yes, I can and do deny the credibility of Enoch, to me, it has quite nearly zero credability, I guess I am just more skeptical and choosy, that you are, about what I will accept as a good source.

No no no no no no no no no no no, I can't give you this one. Compering a saying from the street to book of Enoch? That's not fair.

Also, just to remind you:

“And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, ‘Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him’” Jude 14-15

Jude NAMED the author of the book. How can you deny this?

Also Peter apostle was not quoting but REPEAT the story as it happened in the book of Enoch:

"For if God didn’t spare angels when they sinned, but cast them down to Tartarus, and committed them to pits of darkness, to be reserved for judgement;  but preserved Noah with seven others, a preacher of righteousness, when he brought a flood on the world of the ungodly;" 2. Peter 2.4-5.

If you deny book Enoch wasn't written by Enoch and it's not a true story it means you think the bible is incorrect. You can't get away with this.

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On August 15, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Zoltan777 said:

Do you think it would be possible to happen again what happened in the age of Noah? 

Interestingly below are two early church quotes that touch on the subject in part regarding the antichrist/ man of lawlessness:

"He shall harass the word with an intolerable rule; shall mingle things divine and human; shall contrive things impious to relate, and detestable" (Lactantius)

"And there is therefore in this beast, when he comes, a recapitulation made of all sorts of iniquity and of every deceit, in order that all apostate power, flowing into and being shut up in him, may be sent into the furnace of fire...since he sums up in his own person all the commixture of wickedness which took place previous to the deluge, due to the apostasy of the angels."(Irenaeus)

Also, Daniel 2:43 says, 

"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

Edited by Follow The Lamb
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

On 8/16/2017 at 2:18 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

How is it not possible?  Many think it is good 'ol fashioned rolling in the hay sort of thing. It could be very much more nefarious.  Cross species DNA manipulation is now possible.  Transhumanism is a reality.  It is hardly a stretch to think that mingling of one DNA with another is not reality.  It is pretty arrogant on human's part to impose limitations on what angels bent on mischief are capable of doing.  One good angel, alone, slaughtered 185,000 Assyrian army soldiers in one night without breaking a sweat.  I am quite sure that a psychotic super cherub (Satan) has a lot more tricks up his sleeve than we have any idea of. Putting technology constraints on these creature is very myopic.

While Enoch is not part of the cannon, it is quoted by Jude.  So I guess we had better throw out the Book Of Jude also.  Just like Peter quotes outside sources on the same topic.  Tartarus, which is a place far below hell as the earth is below heaven is mentioned only one time in scripture, in 2 Peter 2:4.  If not for secular Greek writings, we would have no way to know what it means.

You do know, correct, that Apolloyon is the Greek deity Apollo?   And in Daniel regarding the last days....

Daniel 2:43 (NKJV) As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay

For something to mingle with the seed of men to make any sense, it has to be something other than the seed of Men that is being mingled.

So still a ruse and not possible?  

Edited by OldCoot