zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In james 2:26 It says when a person dies their spirit leaves the body.But in the book of 1 Thessalonians 5:23 it says we our made up of body soul and spirit.So the spirit goes to God(Ecclesiastes 12:7).And the body turns to dust(genesis3:19).But were does the soul go?

Man was made like this:"The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground(body), and breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life; and man becamea living soul (soul)". Genesis 2:7. It is not said that man became spirit and soul; but rather, that God inbreathed spirit, and man became a living soul.

And in case you are wondering were i got this.I got it from this website:

http://www.gospeloutreach.net/soul_sleep_erro...

I need a immortal soul believer and a non soul believer to see the debate from both sides.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

Just some thoughts in case it is helpful, by no means authoritative.......  but it seems as though the spirit needs to be housed/clothed in a body in order to form the soul, that is why in the Father's house are many dwellings/rooms/mansions for our spirits to dwell in.  God breathed His spirit into Adam's body in order for Adam to become a living soul.  Apart from having a body (either of flesh or a glorified body), I believe we are just a spirit.........like where it talks about the spirits of just men made perfect in Hebrews 12.  Also where Jesus said to fear Him who can destroy both body and soul in hell......is another example of body and soul being linked together.  When He gave our body a spirit and thus we became living souls.  Eccl. 12:7 says the dust of our body returns to the ground it came from and the spirit returns to God who gave it.  But at the resurrection we will receive an imperishable body for our spirits to live in.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Were in the bible does it talk about the spirit needing to be housed in a body to form the soul?:unsure:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Every living thing has a body, soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows.

Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures.

If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The soul is that invisible part of all living beings that feels, the seat of his affections, emotions, passions, and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

56 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

In james 2:26 It says when a person dies their spirit leaves the body.But in the book of 1 Thessalonians 5:23 it says we our made up of body soul and spirit.So the spirit goes to God(Ecclesiastes 12:7).And the body turns to dust(genesis3:19).But were does the soul go?

Man was made like this:"The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground(body), and breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life; and man becamea living soul (soul)". Genesis 2:7. It is not said that man became spirit and soul; but rather, that God inbreathed spirit, and man became a living soul.

I need a immortal soul believer and a non soul believer to see the debate from both sides.  

I don't have a clue about what you mean in regards to " immortal soul believer or a non soul believer".

When a believer dies their body stays in the grave until the resurrection which is at the rapture of the Church. Their soul goes immediately to heaven. That soul which is in heaven will reunite with the body which is in the grave and it will then be a perfect whole resurrected body.

When a unbeliever dies their body stays in the grave until the end of the 1000 year millennium. Their soul immediately goes to Hades to await for the Great white throne judgement at the end of the 1000 year millennium. There body and soul then will be reunited and they will be judged and thrown into hell or the everlasting fire.

That is what the Bible teaches.

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows, the seat of his intellect, mind, and will, and that which gives him self-determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2:11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21; Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

The Bible teaches that unsaved men do not have God's Spirit in them (Rom. 8:9-16; John 4:4-6); that God's Spirit is not received until the new birth (John 3:1-5; 14:17; Rom. 8:9-16) ; that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and beasts (Eccl. 3:21) ; that there is a difference between breath and spirit (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16;  Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).  If we try to substitute breath for soul and spirit in all of the above passages we will see how ridiculous such meanings are.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

14 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Two things come to my mind. 1 the Greatest Comandent  2 we are created in the image of God

13 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Were in the bible does it talk about the spirit needing to be housed in a body to form the soul?:unsure:

Scripture doesn't say that explicitly that I know of.........and "forming" a soul is probably not even the right word.  I was just looking at some possible clues.  Our minds of flesh like to compartmentalize things instead of understanding by the Spirit......I am not sold on the idea of our soul being a separate "part" of us, but involves our spirit and it's tabernacle together.  Not something I would argue about though.

• Loved it! 1

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The way I take is from Gen 2:7 , you have the body, God breathes in the spirit (breath of life) and TOGETHER they make up our soul and are interrelated.

That is why in Heb 4:12 it says the living Word can divide soul and spirit, IOW it can separate the 'inseparable' union of the soul (body/spirit) from the spirit.

Amen, that seems to be how I am seeing it too (through a glass darkly).  And Hebrews 4:12 might be understood to be talking about dividing between flesh and spirit.  Rightly dividing the word is to understand and receive it in spirit and not leaning on our own understanding (fleshly mind).