• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And you anti-Trump people naively  accept every criticism of Trump as gospel truth without checking facts.

Well all you Trump people dress funny and wear funny hats!  :24:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Thats a bit over the top lady. Calling all trump people racists isnt cool.

42 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Thats a bit over the top lady. Calling all trump people racists isnt cool.

I did no such thing! And I have no ideal what you are talking about! I am shock! :o

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I did no such thing! And I have no ideal what you are talking about! I am shock! :o

"All you trump people dress funny and wear funny hats" implies they dress like kkk. Thats calling folks racist.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

"All you trump people dress funny and wear funny hats" implies they dress like kkk. Thats calling folks racist.

Are you kidding? Do you want to know what I have been called here for not supporting Trump? I think you are exaggerating Lady's statement.

Lady did you mean this to be a KKK statement? I think it is fair to bring this to Lady and ask what her intentions really were.

12 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

First off! I was making a joke.  Secondly, it was a comment off the top of my head and it did not accrue to me that anyone would take it seriously. Nor did I think it would be  turn into something negative. Thirdly, when I said Hats. I was thinking about the red "Make America Great Again" hats. Yes I was making fun of them. The hats I mean. (guess I need to clarify now everything so not to offend) 

As much time as I spend here making off the wall remarks I would think that people would understand my sense of humor by now.  I don't need all of this today. I'm going to go play video games. 

Bo, Ive been called unsaved and all sorts of horrible things for supporting trump, by people on this forum. I left for awhile because I got tired of the hate being spewed towards me and others who support trump. 

Just now, LadyKay said:

First off! I was making a joke.  Secondly, it was a comment off the top of my head and it did not accrue to me that anyone would take it seriously. Nor did I think it would be  turn into something negative. Thirdly, when I said Hats. I was thinking about the red "Make America Great Again" hats. Yes I was making fun of them. The hats I mean. (guess I need to clarify now everything so not to offend) 

As much time as I spend here making off the wall remarks I would think that people would understand my sense of humor by now.  I don't all of this today. I'm going to go play video games. 

Ok, since you meant the maga hats, my apologies. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Ok, since you meant the maga hats, my apologies. 

Thank you for your apology to Lady. I respect that jade. :)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 8/17/2017 at 8:39 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

One eternal truth about capitalism - the market is fluid and ever changing.  What may have been true yesterday may be a costly mistake, today.

I just watched the "Car Week" special on the History Channel - a three-episode special chronicling everything from Henry Ford's Model T to today's Tesla. The auto industry is replete with examples of what sells today may not sell tomorrow.  The Model T is what built Ford Motor Company, but the elder Ford tried to hold onto it so long (while his competitors were innovating) that it almost destroyed the company he founded.

Also, a lot of the same arguments against on-line businesses we heard 10 and 20 years ago when Wal-Mart was in its hyper-growth stage - i.e. it's putting the local mom and pop stores out of business.

As we've seen with the Wal-Mart phenomena, what happens is the ones who can adapt to changing market conditions survive; the ones who cannot, die.  It's a perfect illustration of "survival of the fittest".  (As long as government doesn't play favorites by declaring a company 'too big to fail', that is).

Blessings,

-Ed

That reminded me of something, so I'll put it here.

I'm probably going to be dating myself, but there was another company before there was Amazon. It was Sears-Roebuck & Co. They used to do mail order back in the pre-internet Dark Ages when I grew up. I still remember the catalogs that would come in the mail, and the Saturday run into town to the local Sears storefront (if you lived a town big enough to have one) to pick up our orders. Big deal for small town Texas kids. The company started in the mid to late 1800s and still did a good business in the 1960 and 70s, but they started to fall behind the big mall department stores and all that came after. They didn't change with the market. Then came the internet - and Amazon. Their management never adapted, and today the company exists almost in name only. They've even sold the rights to their Craftsman tool brand. That's what happens when any company doesn't change with the market.