Matthew 22:23-32

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

When I read and study I have come upon the same problem time and again : Matthew 22:23-32 ? (also Mark 12:18-27 and Luke 20:27-38).

The bible says over and over that you will neither know or be known in heaven, your existence annihilated your individuality destroyed.

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you” (Psalm 73:25).

There are any number of other supporting verses, but they are the basis of my problem :

Frankly, heaven sounds quite terrible and an eternity alone licking the boots of the almighty seems like something to be avoided.

All of the discussion of the joys of heaven ( as well as the miseries of hell ) are speculation. Heaven is almost certainly not angels playing lutes in the clouds and hell is not likely to be anything Dante described.The bible says little specifically about either. As closely as I can figure heaven is an eternity of grovelling alone and hell is eternal separation from God.

If I have to go to hell to be with the those that I love and loved, it would be a tough choice

Edited by kawenu

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings kawenu

Welcome to Worthy......you are certainly not going to see the ones you love or loved....some people seem to get the impression that they will be hanging out in some dark gothic dungeon type place with all the rest of the gang.....out of the Presence of God there is no order,no fellowship,no companions of any kind,everyone is screaming & gnashing their teeth from what we see in the Word of God......you will be there with your own regrettable choice and likely the memory of sin....thirsty but can never drink,hungry,you can never eat,literally burning alive but you can never die......I'll pass.

I'm not sure how you've come up with your interpretation of Matt 22 :23-32 Where the Sadducees are asking Jesus about Marriage & the Resurrection,He answered" " At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." or the same in Luke Chapter 20? How does that equate your indiviluality destroyed?We know Angels are individuals,Michael,Gabriel......

But,it is your choice ,no one will be in hell for choosing to be with loved ones,it is the decision to reject God  No one will find themselves in hell saying"Oh no,I thought it was going to be different"     Each individual will know exactly how they got there                 God Bless<Kwik  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Often the word 'know' in the older English versions mean physical intercourse with resulting children. IOW, in heaven we will not be having children.

Yown

Ahhh,perhaps that is how kawenu misinterpreted,may not have understood what "know" means.....thanks for that Brother.....I didn't see it could mean anything else unless one was unfamiliar with Old English....makes sense.....we can give some examples for him

Genesis 24:67King James Version (KJV)

67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

Genesis 4King James Version (KJV)

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

King James Bible
And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Matthew 1:25

Took Rebekah,knew Eve,Joseph(Knew not) Mary             All references to the physical act                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

To answer different aspects of your question.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:54 PM, kawenu said:

Frankly, heaven sounds quite terrible and an eternity alone licking the boots of the almighty seems like something to be avoided.

I believe you've not studied the glory to come.  Some references to understand what glory will be like ...

1 Corinthians 2:9

But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—

Matthew 25:34

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

John 14:1-3  "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

Revelation 21:1-4  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.   And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

As closely as I can figure heaven is an eternity of grovelling alone and hell is eternal separation from God.

You will not be alone in any way ...

Revelation 7:9-10  After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,   and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" 

If I have to go to hell to be with the those that I love and loved, it would be a tough choice

This is not a tough choice.  In Hell and finally the Lake of Fire, you're totally in agony, whereas in Heaven you'll be in perfect peace and enjoying an eternity with millions upon millions of people who are in perfect harmony.