IGNORED

WorthyNews: Media working overtime to prove Trump is a racist

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

It seems one can be a racist and not hate all races, just one particular one.

I mean, hypothetically speaking is it not possible that a person could hate black people yet still like Jewish people?

He is being accused of being a white supremacist.  They don't hate selectively.  They hate every race outside of the white race.  That kind of racism isn't a selective racism. They hate blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, etc.

The fact that no evidence of actual racism exists outside of accusations and allegations, and the fact that he has two bi-racial marriages in his family pretty much mitigates against the accusation  of racism.  What it is, is slander and libel and can be prosecuted.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

He is being accused of being a white supremacist.  They don't hate selectively.  They hate every race outside of the white race.  That kind of racism isn't a selective racism. They hate blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, etc.

The fact that no evidence of actual racism exists outside of accusations and allegations, and the fact that he has two bi-racial marriages in his family pretty much mitigates against the accusation  of racism.  What it is, is slander and libel and can be prosecuted.

I have not seen anyone accuse him of that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

First you say he has never been accused...

Then you move the goal post.  

Pardon me for not digging into every nit and pick.

As to accusing one of racism then, it's pretty much standard when it comes to opposing republican nominees or presidents.

I don't think Eisenhower ever was accused of being racist, but Nixon was.  Ford probably was.  Reagan certainly was.  And the Bushes.

Throwing 'racist' around is SOP for democrats.

I'm no fan of republicans, but for the most part to call them racist is just wrong.

It usually works, however.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Loved it! 1

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No, not really.  Racists hate everyone that is not like them, no matter what race they are.  Hatred is not able to discriminate.

I cannot agree.  I have known more than one person that hated Japanese/Asian people but had no issues with black, Jews, even Arabic. Hatred often has a target.

That is why I scratch my head at today's stupid notion that there are certain groups of people who just can't be racist.  Racists exist in every single ethnic group one could name and it has nothing to do with "positions of power" or all the other bogus excuses we hear from groups not willing to admit they are racist.

On this I would agree 100%.

26 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Pardon me for not digging into every nit and pick.

You can call it whatever you like, but you cannot deny there is a history to Trump being accused of being a racist, something you said just started.

Throwing 'racist' around is SOP for democrats.

This is true, mostly because as you noted below, it works. 

I'm no fan of republicans, but for the most part to call them racist is just wrong.

Who is to say?  Racist today seem to be less open about it than in days gone by.

It usually works, however.

It works because at a rally like the one pictured below, you would be lucky to find 50 non-white people.  There is an old saying that perception is reality...

During the campaign both Bernie and Trump came to the local area, the crowds for either could not have been much more different.  Not saying one crowd is better than the other, just very different. 

trump-rally-michigan.jpg

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I have not seen anyone accuse him of that.

Anyone not living under a rock has seen it. 

The Left has claimed that Trump won the election due to, among other things, a white supremacist platform.  They are making constant allegations of Trump being associated with white supremacists for the express purpose of planting the idea in the minds of people that Trump associates with them because he is one of them and shares their views.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/17/cnn-commentator-accuses-trump-of-being-a-white-supremacist/

http://theweek.com/articles/718723/trumps-defense-white-supremacists-really-defense-himself

11 hours ago, Running Gator said:

[Calling someone a racist] works because at a rally like the one pictured below, you would be lucky to find 50 non-white people.  There is an old saying that perception is reality...

During the campaign both Bernie and Trump came to the local area, the crowds for either could not have been much more different.  Not saying one crowd is better than the other, just very different. 

If, as you say, perception is reality, then:

Most Christians are racists, because with few exceptions they attend churches that are either mostly all white or all black.

Of course, most Christians ARE NOT racists - so there must be other reasons for the lack of racial diversity in churches.  Unfortunately (and contrary to the way it is supposed to be), churches many times simply reflect the cultures they are in rather than influencing them.

And the culture is this: Sometime after the assassination of Martin Luther King in 1968, political hacks and lowlifes discovered more "hay could be made" by dividing the races than by uniting them.

And race relations in this country have been going downhill ever since.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Loved it! 1

37 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I have known people like that too but it was directly related to WW II because they were veterans of that war and witnessed atrocities we cannot even begin to fathom.  In some cases, so bad they could not or would not even talk about it so it is not the exact same dynamic going on as your garden variety racism.

In the 90s, folks who were in their early 20's had not fought in the WWII or experienced a single thing about it, yet there were still those that hated the Japanese.  For a small group of people it was the "cool" thing to do while being stationed in Japan.  

Edited by Running Gator

31 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

If, as you say, perception is reality, then:

Most Christians are racists, because with few exceptions they attend churches that are either mostly all white or all black.

You would not be the first to suggest such a thing.

Of course, most Christians ARE NOT racists - so there must be other reasons for the lack of racial diversity in churches.  Unfortunately (and contrary to the way it is supposed to be), churches many times simply reflect the cultures they are in rather than influencing them.

I agree most Christians are not racist, but I do think that the vast majority of humans are biased towards their own race.  Perhaps it is an innate thing, the whole "birds of a feather flock together" sort of thing.   Do you know anyone personally who has a group of close friends that are mostly of a different race?  

And the culture is this: Sometime after the assassination of Martin Luther King in 1968, political hacks and lowlifes discovered more "hay could be made" by dividing the races than by uniting them.

And race relations in this country have been going downhill ever since.

Blessings,

-Ed

While I do agree that there are "political hacks and lowlifes who have discovered more "hay could be made" by dividing the races than by uniting them.", I think that "hay" is control, a divided populace is always easier to control.

But I 100% disagree that race relations have been going downhill since the 60s.  That is just ridiculous. I was in high school in the 70s and I still remember the first interracial couple from our school.  I remember it because it was such a huge deal, so much was made of it.  It was the talk and focus of the school for a good school year.  Today 90% of the nation does not look twice at such a thing.  It is now, thank goodness, normal and fully accepted by most.

I will add that in my opinion, the reason why the division between left and right has been focus of political hacks and lowlifes, is that it is the new division, it is the new control mechanism.  Left vs Right has for the most part replaced the "black vs white" of the 60s and even 70s.  While there are still pockets of racist they are for the most part a thing of the past, at least in the open.  So now we are divided along imaginary political lines to help keep us in check.  The last thing the people in power want is a united populus. 

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

But I 100% disagree that race relations have been going downhill since the 60s.

Where are the so-called 'civil rights leaders' who used to preach unity? MLK stood for unity - his dream was for his children to live in a world where people were not judged by 'the color of their skin'. John Lewis, a current member of Congress, marched with King.  Lewis, in my opinion, has devolved from a man doing honorable things to just a political prostitute - a hack.  Today he spouts no more than the current democrat talking points, yet - because of his history - we're supposed to take him seriously.

What about the others?  Jesse Jackson (as an associate of Dr. King) used to preach unity as well.  Today, all he seems to be about is promoting resentment and division.  And he's done very well (financially) from doing so.  

Al Sharpton?  A racist and a joke.  One that was invited to the WH during the former administration, however.

Yes you can cite things like inter-racial couples no longer being a big deal, but I prefer to look at the bigger picture and where things are trending.  The former administration SHOULD have been the nail in the coffin for advancing the ogre of racism in America - yet it was by many accounts just the opposite.  Why is that?

Shortly after King was assassinated - in the early 70s - a group of black sailors on the aircraft carrier I was eventually assigned to attempted to stop flight ops by gathering on the flight deck in front of the catapults.  They were doing this because they wanted separate quarters.  (this happened before I was assigned to the ship, so I did not witness it first hand).  My understanding is the Captain made it very clear that flight ops would go on - and the men eventually disbanded.

I cite this as an example of how race relations began to deteriorate from then on, and I stand by my statement.

Leaders can either inspire us to do better; or they can play to our fears and prejudices.  Unfortunately, we suffer a dearth of the former and an abundance of the latter.

Blessings,

-Ed