How to believe in Jesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I am coming to the conclusion that my only way out is belief in Jesus.  I know this.  John 3:16 says whosoever shall believe in the Son shall not perish but have eternal life.  How. do. I. Believe?  I dont.  For sure not saving faith.  So I ask.  How. do. I. Believe?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

I am coming to the conclusion that my only way out is belief in Jesus.  I know this.  John 3:16 says whosoever shall believe in the Son shall not perish but have eternal life.  How. do. I. Believe?  I dont.  For sure not saving faith.  So I ask.  How. do. I. Believe?

Everyone has a choice in this world where they want to spend their eternity. In heaven or hell. For starts you could ask Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior. Ask for forgiveness of your sins. Then start reading about this Jesus Christ who you have just given your life to. You could start in the bible with the book of John.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ask God to reveal Himself to you as you read and meditate on the book of John...
You have God's promise through His Word that if you take it into your mind and learn what is there: it will generate faith

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Prayed... Love, Steven

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That's another Lord moving amongst us... MM posted while I was writing and I would say The Holy Spirit wants you to read the book of John! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

My prayer is: Father I  do ask in the name of my Lord and savior Jesus,  please give Tyler the great relief of knowing his salvation so that he may rejoice in your gift of eternal life. Amen.

Hi Tyler,

Eternal life, with God is not available to all. Sorry, but to say all may be saved is only technically correct.  For all will not be repentant. That word repentant is key.

I say salvation is not a free gift, for it comes at great price. Jesus has already paid that price in full. There is no surcharge, no interest, no extras, for you or me to pay.  God's Son who came in the flesh to do His Father's will and take on the penalty of your personal sin has already done that for all whom the Father has given Him as his, being of the flock of the "Good Shepherd". If it were not so God would not have breathed life into Adam in the first place, nor sent His Son Jesus to save those given to Him by His Father.

Are you and I of the flock of Jesus or not? How might we come to know that?

It is by the Holy Spirit that comes to each of us with His very specific call  to repentance of personal sin against God the Father. and His call to turn about abruptly to Jesus His Son, acknowledging the great sacrifice made that the sheep of Jesus' flock may not owe the penalty due because of sin.

Each of us must at the specific call from the Holy Spirit "bow our knee", acknowledging and thanking Jesus. 

That is the beginning. 

It took me half my present lifetime to be brought to the point of surrender to God and my own repentance from my sin against God. Many others have a very easy time of coming to Jesus. I did not, and from what I read evidently you may be of a similar problem. May I suggest praising God for the deep turmoil in your mind and heart at this time? For it may be that turmoil in your mind and heart may be the very call to repentance coming from the Holy Spirit to you even now.

Without  repentance nothing else follows. No other person can make repentance for any of us, no person can give us a three by five card with a magic prayer written out that saves us, and makes  a saint in Christ, a follower of Jesus, knowing He is Lord.

BUT no one can take away from us our salvation either! It is there for you as well as it is for me. Salvation is there and it is certain!

Please! Ask of the Holy Spirit,  ask how to break from your own will and to be in God's will  instead. Ask to receive the Holy Spirit of God to indwell in you so that all else that is spiritually discerned of God may be learned, as you pray read and study God's word the Bible. 

Surrender- hear - heed -receive- rejoice.

May God bless you even this very day.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

To put your trust in Jesus death on the cross and believe he was raised from the dead three days later. If you do God gives you the holy spirit right then. You will not feel it but it happens right when you trust in his sacrifice.  His sacrifice on the cross was for ours sins. He became sin for us. So when we trust in Jesus and what he did we are saved right then. The holy spirit is given to us and gives us God's new nature. We can obey his commandment now by walking by his word. His commandment is that you love others as he loved YOU. It's a daily walk.  And you will grow in faith and spirit little by little each day. You will have God's promise that at Jesus coming he will give you eternal life. It's says in the bible we love by this hope. Put your trust in his death on the cross. Just tell God I know Christ died for me. And I know I am a sinner. Be merciful to me. Forgive me I believe Jesus died for me and I trust him because he did it for sure. Then you are saved forever God has you in his hand. And will not let you go. I pray you come to him. Today is the day of salvation. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/18/2017 at 11:42 AM, Tyler22 said:

Let's see what God says.   Pro 3:5,6  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Don't try to morbid introspect everything. Ask God to help you, to direct your path/direction, to know the truth, of His love for you.

2Co 4:3,4  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world (devil) hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

But.   1 Jn: 1,5  God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  God will enable you to see, what the devil has hidden/blinded from you.   (The Good News) :)

Mar 1:15  And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ( to think differently, reconsider) ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 13:5  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent (change your thinking), ye shall all likewise perish. (Hell)

Act 3:19  Repent (again, reconsider,think differently) ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Do you notice a sorta theme  running in those verses, Tyler? You've been brainwashed like the rest of us by the world, flesh and the devil. But God is light, (His Word) and it enables you to see. THE TRUTH. So as you read/hear more of God's word (truth) you are putting that information (data) into your brain/memories, and this new information begins to "change your thinking".  Speaking of thinking, how about this little nugget of truth: God's view of the importance of your thinking, specifically, what you think about.      

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK on THESE THINGS.

So.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess (acknowledge, give thanks, promise) with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Tyler, I don't know of anybody that has seen Jesus, much less saw Him raised  from the dead. It's faith. Just as a child when I was afraid to jump off the tree house to my daddy, I trusted him (his words "Jump") because I new he loved me. By faith. That's what God want's to see, that leap of faith. So, by faith, though not seeing, it's the thing (substance) we all hope for, without not seeing it's called faith. Just take the tiniest bit of faith you have now (gotta be some, or you wouldn't be reading this now on the internet) and act on it, build on it, reinforcing your mind with more and more of small verses memorized. Like a tiny spark, then a flame, and then a blazing fire. It WILL grow.   Psa_119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. That means, putting truth/data in, and pushinh that old untruth (data) out. Keep exercising that tiny muscle of faith, and watch it grow. And start to disregard that old thinking, the bad data that's messing with your head, and replace it with the true, honest, just, pure, lovely, honorable, virtuous, good thinking. It works. God cannot lie. Press on, my friend.

This is a well known bunch of scriptures that are in the book of Romans, I have copied. It's the Word of God. Composed by another brother
Romans Road to salvation.
 The Romans Road to salvation is a way of explaining the good news of salvation using verses from the Book of Romans. It is a simple yet powerful method of explaining why we need salvation, how God provided salvation, how we can receive salvation, and what are the results of salvation.

The first verse on the Romans Road to salvation is
Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." We have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent. Romans 3:10-18 gives a detailed picture of what sin looks like in our lives. The second Scripture on the Romans Road to salvation, Romans 6:23, teaches us about the consequences of sin - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." The punishment that we have earned for our sins is death. Not just physical death, but eternal death!

The third verse on the Romans Road to salvation picks up where Romans 6:23 left off,
"but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:8 declares, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus Christ died for us! Jesus' death paid for the price of our sins. Jesus' resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus' death as the payment for our sins.

The fourth stop on the Romans Road to salvation is
Romans 10:9, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, all we have to do is believe in Him, trusting His death as the payment for our sins - and we will be saved! Romans 10:13 says it again, "for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust Christ as their Lord and Savior.

The final aspect of the Romans Road to salvation is the results of salvation. Romans 5:1 has this wonderful message, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Through Jesus Christ we can have a relationship of peace with God. Romans 8:1 teaches us, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins. Finally, we have this precious promise of God from Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Pretty cool, huh!

Then comes the decision,  "Would you like to follow the Romans Road to salvation? If so, here is a simple prayer you can pray to God. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Jesus Christ for your salvation. The words themselves will not save you. Only faith in Jesus Christ can provide salvation! "God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

Praying for you, Tyler.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/18/2017 at 11:42 AM, Tyler22 said:

Believe him.

Believing IN him is just an old English phrase for believing.

Modern man has difficulty believing in things or persons that transcend our five senses.

Or that can be observed through scientific experimentation.

In a way our intelligence handicaps us.

Air transcends our five senses.

We have methods of detecting it, but without those methods (unless deprived of it) we have no way to detect it.

Black holes. No one has ever seen one. But they have to be the dark matter that smooths out the universe and (IMHO) fuels the universe. 

Now we can agree on the plausibility of these things using the evidences / footprints of them alone.

Take the first and second laws of thermodynamics. Briefly, together they militate against the possibility of the universe existing at all... 

IF there is no Creator God.

The laws of physics demand that nothing is eternal and from nothing nothing comes.

So how else did it get here?

Only an intelligent Creator who transcends physics could have made it possible. 

So in a sense everything is a footprint of God.

You, me, everyone and everything.

Question is, who or what IS this God?

Since this God could create the farthest realms of the universe, he should have no problem communicating with man.

The difficulty comes from authenticating his communication from the frauds.

Setting aside all the untruths most people are told about the Bible, the Bible deserves personal investigation.

And as staunchest of atheists have discovered (Josh McDowell, Lee Strobel, A.E. Wilder-Smith to name a few) anyone who fairly studies the Bible with an open mind will discover the authenticated Word of the Creator God.

In this Bible you will find what is required of you for saving faith.

I know. We are as the man dangling from the root over the cliff screaming for help... a voice says "Just let go. Trust me. I'm Jesus."

We want to ask "Is there anybody else up there?"

Or is there any other way?

No.

Let go and trust him. Believe him. Trust him.

It's the only way.

And when you do it will amaze you the affirmation you will get from all things and especially the Bible.

Believing is seeing.

• Thumbs Up 1